OT: The Christmas 'Guess your own weight' thread

hatbeard
hatbeard Posts: 1,087
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
As we draw closer and closer to christmas and the invitations to partys and nights out at the pub increase, not to mention the standard christmas trough-feeds my good intentions of continuing to lose a few lbs over Christmas seem more and more far-fetched and unlikely so I thought I'd try to make a guess now at what I think my weight will be come New Years Day and then see if I managed to stick to my goals. A kind of yard-stick to show if I've been better or worse than I thought I would be if you will...

Feel free to join in by posting up your current weight and the amount of weight you think you'll either gain or lose by the end of the year.
Username            Weight             Estimate
=============================================================
HatBeard            14st 1lb (197lbs)  -3lbs
Hat + Beard

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    70kg (154lb) and I expect to weigh the same come NYD.

For some reason I usually weight a lot less at the end of Jan that I do I at the beginning of Dec.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I don't know, or care to be honest. Life is too short to worry about a few pounds here or there.

What I do know is that my weight is going up since the snow hit.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Asprilla wrote:
    70kg (154lb) and I expect to weigh the same come NYD.

What he says ^^ but I'm 1lb up on that...
  • hatbeard
    daviesee wrote:
    I don't know, or care to be honest. Life is too short to worry about a few pounds here or there.

well thanks for taking the time out to still respond then :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As I'm English....I'll use stone and pounds!

12st 0lb now, will be 12st 4lbs when I get back to work (4th Jan) and 12st 1lb by the 31st Jan.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    I'm 11st 5lbs right now, I can see me hitting 12st over the xmas period; my last commute will be the 23rd and I'm not due back in till Jan 4th - I will make myself go out on at least 2 30+ milers in this time but the commute is the thing that really keeps me in shape!
    FCN 2 to 8
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    hatbeard wrote:
    Jzed                   16st 7lb (231kbs) +/- 0

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Currently 72kg, will be 70 or less come NYD.

I am now married to the turbo. :D
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Got up yesterday and to my horror was 15st 13.6lb. However that was PD. AD I was down to 15st 12lb which is a little better but still 5lb up on where I should be.

(Is that enough info?)
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Currently 72kg, will be more if I start at the gym properly, less if I start running properly.
    Odds on me being 72kg then :D
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Got up yesterday and to my horror was 15st 13.6lb. However that was PD. AD I was down to 15st 12lb which is a little better but still 5lb up on where I should be.

(Is that enough info?)
    what had you eaten for dinner the previous night. a housebrick? :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JZed wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    Notsoblue           13st 7lb +5lbs

No RP detours in the evenings until the frost goes (coming down Dark Hill in the pitch black is hair enough without fearing black ice), and *lots* of eating out planned for the next month. My start running again....
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard wrote:
    Notsoblue           13st 7lb +5lbs

As of this morning I'm down to 13st 9lb (191lbs) I guess I'm pretty well buffered now for the xmas feasting :D
    Hat + Beard
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm 73-74kg and hope to be 74-75kg by the end of Crimbo or more :twisted:
  • ketsbaia
    I'm down to 68.5kg already. :shock:
  • Christ, I don't want to think about it. I'm 89kg now (possibly the heaviest I have ever been) and have put on about three kilos since coming off my bike six weeks ago (no riding, no gym trips, too much alcohol and copious amounts of curry - cumin is a natural anti-inflammatory don't you know). I dread to think what I will be by NYD, but I'm refusing to worry about it. I'm determined to be no heavier than 84kg by the end of January, however. I'm seeing the Christmas period as a 'dirty bulk' as those in the weight lifting community would call it.
  • hatbeard wrote:
    As of this morning I'm down to 13st 9lb (191lbs) I guess I'm pretty well buffered now for the xmas feasting :D

That's one huge yule log you must have had yourself :shock:
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    ignoring that till I've started gyming it again properly.. not thinking it's a bit cold, I'll pub it.
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • hatbeard
    ok so the code* for 50% off £40 or more spend on pizza hut delivery may well have put paid to said 'buffer' by tomorrow morning now. :lol:

*it's NVC9658MW by the way
    Hat + Beard
  • my weight is 12 stone 9 - 11 pounds and doesn't tend to go lower or higher than that.

I hardly drink etc so my weight tends to be static I'm more likely to plunge down than swing up.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    I'm 5"7' and 11st 1lb. The lightest I've been since I was about 19. Come NYD I think I'll be hovering around the 11st 6lbs mark. Then I'll blitz it in January.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was 171lbs on Friday morning, today i'm 179.7lbs :shock: I've not been stuffing my face or drinking anymore than usual ...

Seems weight gain after surgery is the cause :(
    http://www.eorthopod.com/content/weight ... er-surgery
    that would also explain why when I move my arm it sounds like a bag full of water sloshing around :(

Pass the Christmas chocolates tin i'm depressed :cry:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    14st this morning. My weight has crept up from 13st3 in August due to much reduced cycling but no change in my eating habits. I expect to put on around 10 pounds by NYD if last year is anything to go by!
    Still breathing.....
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    itboffin wrote:
    I was 171lbs on Friday morning, today i'm 179.7lbs :shock: I've not been stuffing my face or drinking anymore than usual ...

Seems weight gain after surgery is the cause :(
    http://www.eorthopod.com/content/weight ... er-surgery
    that would also explain why when I move my arm it sounds like a bag full of water sloshing around :(

Pass the Christmas chocolates tin i'm depressed :cry:
    Wow, that's a lot of water retention. You must look a bit like this:
    mr_hyde-515x289.jpg

;)

Take it easy, dude. Recover over the xmas break and start over in Jan.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    hambones wrote:
    I expect to put on around 10 pounds by NYD if last year is anything to go by!

This is Performance Eating.

I'm 13st 2lbs. I should be the same by NYD. Need to be 12st by June.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • hatbeard
    Was up 6lbs when I weighed myself last night :lol:

I am hoping that was just because I had a lot to eat and was weighing late at night. otherwise the pizza hut I had on friday must have contained the equivalent to 21,000 kcal

then again I only take my official weight on wednesday mornings so the fluctuations don't mean owt until then. but i still went :shock: when I looked :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • ketsbaia
    67.4 kg. Falling off me, it is. :D
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    ketsbaia wrote:
    67.4 kg. Falling off me, it is. :D

Must be that good beer,i have heard somewhere it helps in weight loss.I am at 12 stone but i predict a riot and it might glance12st 4 or so by New Year if the icy weather continues.
  • 15st 5lb in June, 16st 4lb yesterday. The slimming powers of severe trauma and minor surgery should not be underestimated, nor the bodies ability to recover. Xmas usually results in an extra five or six pounds to be lost in feb. I take the season of overeating seriously.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    JZed wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:

Weighed in last night at 16st 7lb so bang on estimate (think the scales must be stuck).