Rider down

2»

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    For the record I will be one of the very few idiot cyclists stood around in sub zero temperatures looking lost - shouldn't be that hard to spot!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Oooh, a meeting :)

I might just have to leave my nice warm bed & beautiful g/f and head out 45 mins earlier than I normally do :D

Will there be a cafe involved in this somewhere? Bacon sarnie & a cup of splosh would go down a treat.

If I don't make it, you'll know why ;)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Pufftmw wrote:

I might just have to leave my nice warm bed & beautiful g/f and head out 45 mins earlier than I normally do :D

Will there be a cafe involved in this somewhere? Bacon sarnie & a cup of splosh would go down a treat.

I won't be able to stop anywhere, At that time I need to head straight in non stop so I'm not late!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Pufftmw wrote:

I won't be able to stop anywhere, At that time I need to head straight in non stop so I'm not late!

+1 sadly, leaving at 8am means a straight run in. I like the idea of a monthly/fortnightly/weekly/daily/hourly SCR bacon sarnie stop.

How many points do you get for scalping someone while eating a bacon sarnie?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    names to faces at 8.. you sick fu<ks... as it happens I might be there at that time. if I'm late I'll catch you up :wink:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    spen666 wrote:
    Alphabet wrote:
    On the one way system near Surrey Quays station. Chap on a GT racing bike - looked like he'd just slipped on the ice and landed heavily. Was pleased to see that everyone stopped to help. Waited for the ambulance - he was loaded in along with his bike on a stretcher. If you read this, hope you're ok chap.

good care for his bike

Yes, an emergency going to Cycle Surgery. Got to get the priorities right :wink: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • It's probably happened before but this is the first spontaneously self-organising commuting chain gang that I've ever seen on here. And all meeting up at the end of my road. Hope you all have a fun journey in. Make it a regular occurrence and I'll figure out a way of distributing hot bacon sarnies.
  • Butterd2
    I've just finished "The Hunted" on the turbo so go easy on me tomorrow please....
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Butterd2
    dhope wrote:
    . I like the idea of a monthly/fortnightly/weekly/daily/hourly SCR bacon sarnie stop.

+1 to that, I'd happily get up earlier for a bacon sarnie and a cuppa next time.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    sorry chaps. utterly miscalculated how long it would take to get there - didn't fancy waiting from 25 to 8 because it was a bit nippy, so i carried on.
  • Headhuunter
    I'm afraid I bottoled, I biked in but stuck to the main roads. For me to get down to DCS and Creek Rd involves some less used roads which would have been snowed up. We must do it again when the weather's better!
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    We must do it again when the weather's better!

Yes, so long as we can stop for bacon with lashings of coffee.
  • Butterd2
    I'm afraid I bottoled, I biked in but stuck to the main roads. For me to get down to DCS and Creek Rd involves some less used roads which would have been snowed up. We must do it again when the weather's better!

I was sooooo close to pulling a work from home this morning, if it wasn't for the planned meet I think I would too have bottled it.
    I think dhope and I can confirm these really are not the conditions for 23mm slicks.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Headhuunter
    Butterd2 wrote:

I was sooooo close to pulling a work from home this morning, if it wasn't for the planned meet I think I would too have bottled it.
    I think dhope and I can confirm these really are not the conditions for 23mm slicks.

So who actually turned up? dhope, butterd2... Anyone else?
  • Headhuunter
    Alphabet wrote:
    We must do it again when the weather's better!

Yes, so long as we can stop for bacon with lashings of coffee.

OK but I will have to start earlier! Perhaps we could stop off nearer central London for the coffee and bacon and those who want to keep going, can do
  • dhope
    Butterd2 wrote:

So who actually turned up? dhope, butterd2... Anyone else?

+ Hatbeard, Cyclopsbiker
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • I'm afraid it was me on the GT who failed to turn when the road did.

Thank you so so much for everyone that helped. Thanks to you, the ambulance and Lewisham hospital there's no harm done. Still a bit groggy and have had a headache ever since but nothing broken and a CT scan confirmed I do have a brain (even if I'm not wise enough for winter commuting).

The road seemed absolutely clear so I was completely caught off guard when the bike slid.

Thank you again and be careful out there!
  • dhope
    I'm afraid it was me on the GT who failed to turn when the road did.

Thank you so so much for everyone that helped. Thanks to you, the ambulance and Lewisham hospital there's no harm done. Still a bit groggy and have had a headache ever since but nothing broken and a CT scan confirmed I do have a brain (even if I'm not wise enough for winter commuting).

The road seemed absolutely clear so I was completely caught off guard when the bike slid.

Thank you again and be careful out there!

Very glad things turned out alright
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo