Kloden in Dubai with Der Kaiser

2»

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    NapoleonD wrote:
    WTF?

Ullrich's palmares is the envy of many a pro cyclist!

A tour (and a fair few stages), a vuelta, an Olympic gold and a World TT champs would make me happy!

Plus a few of the smaller Stage races. I like him because he said hello to me at the top of the Alpe when he was training in 2004.
    Brian B.
  • Ulrich took the fight to Armstrong. He's my hero just for that.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • A few friends were staying at Alp D'uez when Armstong and Ullrich were training there. Armstrong wouldn't chat to anyone, surrounded by body guards etc all the time, Ullrich however stopped and chatted to anyone for quite a while, apparently a really nice guy.

Also in his biography it tells a story about how he was supposed to be going out training but there was no cereal in the house, So he ate a 2 litre tub of ice cream and off he went :lol:
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Ulrich took the fight to Armstrong. He's my hero just for that.

+ 1, the guy was pure class on and off the bike...and he should NEVER have waited on Luz in 2003...LA didn't deserve it...he played right into Armstrong's hands that climb given the jumps LA was able to put in, Jan would have worn him down like he did on the tourmalet and burned him off in the final TT like he did the week before
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Dave_1 wrote:

+ 1, the guy was pure class on and off the bike...and he should NEVER have waited on Luz in 2003...LA didn't deserve it...he played right into Armstrong's hands that climb given the jumps LA was able to put in, Jan would have worn him down like he did on the tourmalet and burned him off in the final TT like he did the week before

I think saying he waited is a little generous.

More like "kept tempo till he was sure what was going on"...
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Dave_1 wrote:

I think saying he waited is a little generous.

More like "kept tempo till he was sure what was going on"...

He waited as soon as Hamilton(?) got to the group. Which is more than LA would have done.

In fact, LA's inability to accept this with good grace was one of the first things that made me think '@rse'.

Strava is not Zen.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Recent thinking might suggest that as LA was to blame for the incident for cutting the bend too tight, it was a 'racing' event and no moral obligation on the rest to wait...

Anyway back to the man...curly or staight hair, which is his natural look?
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Recent thinking might suggest that as LA was to blame for the incident for cutting the bend too tight, it was a 'racing' event and no moral obligation on the rest to wait...

Anyway back to the man...curly or staight hair, which is his natural look?

Me thinks curly.
  • calvjones
    Oh yes, plus one

Ginger or strawberry blonde?

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    He's a curly haired ginger fatty with freckles.

You all feel guilty about being mean to that kid in school which is why you all love Jan because you think it makes up for your appalling behaviour aged 8.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's a curly haired ginger fatty with freckles.

You all feel guilty about being mean to that kid in school which is why you all love Jan because you think it makes up for your appalling behaviour aged 8.

I was the kid they were mean to.. :(
  • "calvjones wrote:
    He waited as soon as Hamilton(?) got to the group. Which is more than LA would have done.

In fact, LA's inability to accept this with good grace was one of the first things that made me think '@rse'.

err peyresourde 2001
  • 155874_1523273641834_1234380459_31112872_5191006_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    "Ullrich demonstrated the acoustic benefits of a leather sofa to an unsuspecting Kloeden"
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    dave milne wrote:
    "calvjones wrote:

err peyresourde 2001
    [/quote]

Wasn't watching in 2001 sorry.

Strava is not Zen.