Age distribution. How old are you

2»

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    I'm 16 so I presume I must be the youngest on here? I do have to admit I'm probably the youngest 'commuter' I've seen around.

Apart from the 14 year old 5 posts up.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    PBo wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Fancy that. The age distribution is a bell curve, showing a preponderence [wot?] of webly-active cyclists are in their 20s. Who'd have thought eh?

well, apart from the fact that bigger preponderences are in their 30s and 40s!
    Us older fellahs have started arriving home from a hard day in the office, probably. That'll be it.
  • Chiggy
    Chiggy Posts: 261
    Agent57 wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:
    Forty-two.
    What was the question?

What do you get if you multiply six by nine? (Or "How old are you?") ;)

You must be a tax accountant

It's a Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. Well, actually, Restaurant at the End of the Universe as far as the books are concerned. You know, the bit where Arthur pulls letters out of a bag to try and extract The Ultimate Question from his brainwave patterns, and gets the phrase "What do you get if you multiply six by nine."

"Six by nine. Forty two."
    "That's it. That's all there is."
    "I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe."
    Wasn’t it 54 in Arthur’s brain and 42 in the caveman’s brain? The caveman couldn’t spell ‘library’, but pulled out FORTY TWO from the Scrabble bag.

The Golgafrinchans displaced the indigenous Earth people, so Arthur was not descended from Earth.
    Douglas Adams' take on Ancient Astronaut Theory. A quiet p1ss take on Z. Sitchin.
  • Chiggy
    The shape of the distribution curve.

Bell shaped,,, but not 'normal'... not in this weather.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    27 at the mo, not long until i'm 28 though, proper late 20's then though uh oh!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    FCN = 4
  • Apart from the 14 year old 5 posts up.

Touché.
    Specialized Allez 24
    FCN ride: 3
    FCN commute: 7
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    42 was the answer (same as me) and the question was, "what do you get if you multiply 9 x 6"
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    I too am the answer to the question, seem to be a few at that age. I like to tell people I'm 2 years off being 40, and hope they don't realise it's 2 years past 40.
  • CiB wrote:
    Fancy that. The age distribution is a bell curve, showing a preponderence [wot?] of webly-active cyclists are in their 20s. Who'd have thought eh?

Except that's not quite true. The bell curve is a little skimpy in the middle. Family business?
  • 52 and still commuting 12 miles each way 5 days a week. 8) Just off to the local woods to play in the snow on the MTB, so I think my mental age got stuck somewhere in my mid twenties :lol:
    Cannondale SL2 MTB FCN8
    Felt AR4 FCN4
  • Chiggy
    What was happening 43 years ago? Ah, 1967, the summer of love :D

Your Mom was Hippy Chick... :wink: