Cycling Silk threats from driver case.

Comments

• Origamist wrote:
    I've just had the misfortune to read some of the comments on the BikeRadar site. The commuting section seems to be predominantly inhabited by a bunch of point-scoring, blow-hards. I'd not waste your time or effort posting there, Martin; leave them to their Punch and Judy legal "debates", ego-stroking, and vainglorious tales of overtaking other cyclists during their commutes.

http://thecyclingsilk.blogspot.com/2010 ... l#comments

As it happens, I think the summary is accurate. However, it is pretty much true of every commuter sub-forum I have visited.

What's truly sad is that I lack the self-restraint to stop posting in threads that descend into little more than pissing contests and, for that reason, I am a indeed a "point-scoring, blow-hard".

In which case, the sole question is whether you're low scoring or high scoring.

It's always a competition, see.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I cannot devote all my leisure time to this!

arf arf arf arf . . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Greg T
    Greg T wrote:

point-scoring, blow-hards.

arf arf arf arf....
    I'd not waste your time or effort posting there

Why would you bother?

Arf arf arf

That's it I'm out of arf and need to blow - HARD.

• Greg T wrote:
    Greg T wrote:

point-scoring, blow-hards.

arf arf arf arf....
    I'd not waste your time or effort posting there

Why would you bother?

Arf arf arf

That's it I'm out of arf and need to blow - HARD.

Not 'arf.
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    edited December 2010
    PBo wrote:
    the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors are capable of critical thought, and realise that some cyclists behave like twunts or sometimes make mistakes.

Some, but clearly not all, PBo.

How does that score, Greg66? Bit of a cheap shot at an easy target, say 2/10, or perhaps a middling 5/10 as it's fairly witty? Please could I have the judges' scorecards as we enter thread derailment time...

Not 'arf.
  • Origamist wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors are capable of critical thought, and realise that some cyclists behave like twunts or sometimes make mistakes.

Some, but clearly not all, PBo.

How does that score, Greg66? Bit of cheap shot at an easy target, say 2/10, or perhaps a middling 5/10 as it's fairly witty? Please could I have the judges scorecards as we enter thread derailment time...

Not 'arf.

Wasn't even very funny. 2/10.

Now if you'd managed to point it at our breakfasty friend...
  • the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors

"Its"

not

"it's"

Bonus point for irrelevant pedantry.

Whay do points make?
  • the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors

"Its"

not

"it's"

Whay do points make?

Multiple user names and repeated bannings.

How's that Lit?
  • judges' scorecards.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors

"Its"

not

"it's"

Whay do points make?
    damn - i usually never get those mixed up...... :oops:
  • Origamist wrote:
    the real problem with bike radar, is that some of it's contributors

"Its"

not

"it's"

Whay do points make?

Multiple user names and repeated bannings.

How's that Lit?

Hmmm, definitely cutting.

You do need to work on your comedy value though, I mean, without the funny stuff you're just being plain old mean...
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited December 2010
    An 'expert' on riding the A315 has popped up to say there is no need to antagonise motorists by moving out from the edge of the road and that he has been passed by this same car with no drama.

Hurrah for a mention. :lol:

Yes I am an expert, cycle the entire A315 every day & know every bump, pot hole & drain. There are no pinch points from Clock house Lane roundabout until maybe the bus stop at the top of the climb (4 seconds into the video, so assume the altercation started on this stretch). Arguably a few drains but nothing worthy of a middle of the road maneuver.

Still, the fact that you rode defensively along here does not make his actions correct. He always gives me a wide berth and never had any issues, again this does not make his actions at the time correct.
  • You know the driver ipete?
  • iPete
    You know the driver ipete?

No, that would be interesting, we just share the same bit of road daily.
  • Origamist
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm, definitely cutting.

You do need to work on your comedy value though, I mean, without the funny stuff you're just being plain old mean...

I was asking for ratings on the pissing contest front! Next time, I'll try comedy and aim for higher than 2/10.
  • Sorry, when you said "He always gives me a wide berth" I thought you meant the numpty in the Golf.
  • iPete
    Sorry, when you said "He always gives me a wide berth" I thought you meant the numpty in the Golf.

Sorry, when you said, 'do I know him', I thought you meant like someone I'd go down the pub with which is a no but yes I see him/the car daily. Tempted to tell him hes a minor celebrity in the cycling world.
  • Ha ha!

Do it!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I've just had the misfortune to read some of the comments on the BikeRadar site. The commuting section seems to be predominantly inhabited by a bunch of point-scoring, blow-hards. I'd not waste your time or effort posting there, Martin; leave them to their Punch and Judy legal "debates", ego-stroking, and vainglorious tales of overtaking other cyclists during their commutes.

I came for the vainglory, but stayed for the hubris <3
  • Greg T

Whay do points make?

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

• Progress report:
    Update on incident on 4th November
    I am very grateful to the Metropolitan Police for reopening their investigations into an incident that involved me on 4th November near Hounslow. To the extent that my technological abilites permit I will now remove posts relating to this and hopefully restore them once the investigation and any criminal proceedings are complete.

http://thecyclingsilk.blogspot.com/2010 ... ember.html
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    notsoblue wrote:

I came for the vainglory, but stayed for the hubris <3

The only thing that counts. :wink:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Is that Fred wossname who used to do How?
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Dineage? and yes, I think it is
    FCN = 4
  • gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    Origamist wrote:
    I thought that was a good piece.
  • Origamist
    Hounslow 'Roadrage' Incident 04.11.10. Driver to be summonsed.
    I have learnt today that a man is to be summonsed for an offence contrary to section 5 of the Public Order Act arising out of the incident recorded on my helmet camera near Hounslow last 4th November.
    I have removed references to this incident from this site and from youtube pending his trial.

• Excellent.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    What does s.5 of the POA relate to? Pulling funny faces or making rude signs?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    @dilemna I'd guess "persistently shouting abuse or obscenities at passers-by;"

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/publ ... #Section_5
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5