I had McDonalds yesterday and I feel dreadful

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have to agree the main day menu is pure trash.

I am however a big fan of the break fast menu. That has real eggs and they're 'proper' food.

A couple of Bacon & Egg muffins and a orange juice is the perfect start to the day.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Clever Pun wrote:
    when people have them on the train, the smell is fucking rank

+1

I usually move seats if someone sits near me with that crap
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I was going to say you burn off over a 1000 calories going home...

Yep over a 1000 each way everyday 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Wow.... MTFU. Pffft.

That or someone pooped in your meal...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Not been to McTurds for over a decade - I've actually since gone hungry rather than lower myself to that place. Bleaghhhh!

Mind you, I've only ever had KFC twice and that was twice too many. There's a reason it comes in a bucket. Unfortunately, last time I ate one I was too sober to be unaware of the taste........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I've always found the allergy warnings on McDonalds' burgers rather worrying:

"May Contain Traces Of Meat"
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Can't rememer the last time i had McDonalds. I do have a soft spot for Burger King at Waterloo though only when i'm drunk and making my way home late via the train and yes, i do take it onto the train...

..oh! the shame :oops:
    FCN = 4
  • mtb-idle
    which reminds me. I had just finished my BK one time and saw a bloke sitting in the next set of seats wearing a t-shirt that one of my sons has (and likes).

So i get my phone out, put it onto camera mode and surreptitiously take a picture of him to show my eldest for a laugh.

Well anyway, who knew that blackberry's have a flash??!!

I literally cringed back into my seat. Luckily he was about as drunk as me and didn't even notice.
    FCN = 4
  • Wimpys Bean Burgers.... mmmmm...

Shame the damn' chain has near vanished :cry:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I'd love a kfc or maccy d's right now!!

Had an (early) evening out on the beer tonight, and am now cooking (re-heating) last nights left overs with vegetables (wtf is that about!) :shock:
  • mtb-idle
    in fact, i just sent it from my phone to my desktop and uploaded it

random_bloke_on_train.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I may do a BK once in a while, but NEVER a McD. If I need a 'fast food' fix it has to be a shish kebab, lemon wedge or two (lemon juice if no real lemon on offer) in a heated pitta and no salad.

My reasoning is that a shish is an actual piece of seasoned meat (hopefully lamb, not dog or rat). Not MRM.
    You wait for it to cook, so you know its fresh.
    Lemon for a bit of acid that may kill any bugs (may be bollocks, but seems like a good idea).
    Salad should be washed in clean water. It may not be washed, therefore its dirty. It may be washed in dirty water, therefore its dirty. It may have been splashed with blood from raw meat, therefore its dirty.

Its not that fast as you have to wait for it to cook, but I see that as a plus point. NEVER rush someone cooking your food.

Also, it tastes nicer than the bits of hundreds of cows chucked into a mincer, cooked to a time rather than until its ready, smothered in cheap cheese and squashed between two bits of cheap bread. I even eat them when sober!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sticking your tongue in the warm apple pie at just the right time is the nuts! Then sucking the juices out while your tongue is still in there is frankly, well, awesome!

is this a euphemism? :shock:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Burger King microwave their burgers. The egg is liquid egg from a milk carton. McD's improved the chicken to actual breast in their burgers and nuggets. - worked there at 16-18/19. Then realised 3yrs was too long - I was studying at the time.

My stomach is still f'ed, I'm gonna have pure ginger tea and failing that go to my Gran for Soup...

I like the shish and buy extension the (no salad) logic.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • I think, in this age of austerity, that these fast food outlets should be commended for making full use out of each and every one of their chickens/cows/whatever meat source they are using.

:twisted:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    First thing do after a tough climbing trip is to head for McD's - I always have the quarter pounder with fries - last time I came back from the Alps I couldn't get one in Italy so had one at the airport as soon as I got back.
  • Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    If you want to be put off chicken from fast food outlets forever, click here.

I expect the same thing is done with cows, to get "beef".

Did you not see the 'Jamie tries to do his school food thing with fat ungrateful yanks and cries a lot' show lately? He 'mechanically separated' a chicken, ground it into that paste, made nuggets and all the kids said 'yay nuggets' and ate them.

It doesn't work!

Oh and I only eat identifiable bits of chicken. Like wings. Chickens have those. I don't know quite which cut the nugget is, but it bears most resemblance to the 'parson's nose'...

Mrs 66, in a former life, was the chicken buyer for a large supermarket chain. She saw some pretty horrible stuff at factories that was part of the process of producing MRM/MSM.

Wings are good though. With buffalo sauce (not made with real buffaloes, though, as I understand it. Cheat!) and blue cheese dressing. If the sauce doesn't make your eyes water when you smell it, it ain't hot enough.

Hmmmm. So you're taking something fatty, coating it in fat, frying it in fat, dipping it in fat and then putting fat on it?

I stop after the first three. My body is a temple.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I can't remember the last time I had either MaccieD's or BK. It always coincides with waiting, whilst drunk, for the last train home from waterloo. Funny that.

@Lit :lol::lol:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    First thing do after a tough climbing trip is to head for McD's - I always have the quarter pounder with fries - last time I came back from the Alps I couldn't get one in Italy so had one at the airport as soon as I got back.

For god's sake man.....didn't "Pulp Fiction" teach you ANYTHING!

They have the metric system in Europe, so they don't have quarterpounders!!!!!!!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    PBo wrote:

For god's sake man.....didn't "Pulp Fiction" teach you ANYTHING!

They have the metric system in Europe, so they don't have quarterpounders!!!!!!!

I love that - two of the worst hairpieces on film in the same scene

My body is an amusement park :wink: