I had McDonalds yesterday and I feel dreadful

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
I had a McDonalds at Victoria trainstation yesterday.

I honestly didn't want to but I was starving. I had the Festive beef burger meal and cheese burger.

As soon as I ate it I wanted it out of my stomach. I spent all last night in and out of sleep as my stomach rumbled in pain. Today I have a headache feel groggy as though I've got a hangover, I feel dreadful and had to spend most of the day sitting in the office in the dark.

Seriously, that's it for me and McDonalds.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I love Maccies, never trusdt a special edition burger though, there's a reason it's not on the regular menu :wink:

That said, can't wait to scorch my mouth on a festive pie :D
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    Sticking your tongue in the warm apple pie at just the right time is the nuts! Then sucking the juices out while your tongue is still in there is frankly, well, awesome!

But how a McD's can give me an all day hangover, I think it is, I just don't know.

Shame really I was going to tackle teh festive chicken next, but that's it for me and McD's for life.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    You'll be back, we always are, it's like a crack house with a fancy sign.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Normally a Maccie D's sorts my hangover, rather than giving me one.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sticking your tongue in the warm apple pie at just the right time is the nuts! Then sucking the juices out while your tongue is still in there is frankly, well, awesome!

But how a McD's can give me an all day hangover, I think it is, I just don't know.

Shame really I was going to tackle teh festive chicken next, but that's it for me and McD's for life.

there's hope for you yet
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    The last time I went in MacDonalds was at the one in Newtown, Powys

It was 4am and the 24h MacDonalds was the only thing open and I needed a coffee

The coffee wasn't too bad and the breakfast bagel thing didn't actually make me feel ill

Time before this visit was in the 1980s, but I might not wait 25 years before I go to the golden arches again. Maybe I'll only wait 10 or 15 years this time.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Makes me chuckle how so many moan about eating MD as if it were the devil's semen.

If I am not mistaken there are at least a dozen other food outlets there?
  • I had my last ever encounter on my yearly visit [friends + his niece and nephews] back in october. Both and I and the GF felt shit for almost 2 days. Not pleasant.

Never again.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    when people have them on the train, the smell is fucking rank
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    edited November 2010
    Clever Pun wrote:
    when people have them on the train, the smell is fucking rank

I could not ever conceive of eating hot food on public transport. Seems so rude.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DDD - sometimes, you just gotta do - when you are hungry enough to eat the arse out of an elephant....

I had a cheeky KFC on Saturday......same situation, starving, need food quicktime.

Won't do it again though......Ugh! My fingers were all sticky....
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I had a McDonalds at Victoria trainstation yesterday.

I honestly didn't want to but I was starving. I had the Festive beef burger meal and cheese burger.

As soon as I ate it I wanted it out of my stomach. I spent all last night in and out of sleep as my stomach rumbled in pain. Today I have a headache feel groggy as though I've got a hangover, I feel dreadful and had to spend most of the day sitting in the office in the dark.

Seriously, that's it for me and McDonalds.

Now, I'm not one to argue with the mighty DDD, but:
    1. You're probably a healthy-ish type of bod, so any fatty food will disagree with you
    2. McD's is a bad choice if you're hungry anyway due to lack of protein
    3. Surely there are better options at a big station like Victoria? I come in and out of ickle pickle Marylebone, where I have the choice of:
    -A Burger King (= McD without (quite) so much guilt)
    -A Pastie place
    -An M&S food outlet
    -A "Paul" (posh sarnies and stuff, a la Francais n'est-ce pas)
    -A bagel place
    -A baguette place
    -A Thai place
    -Some mad cheese shop

Surely Victoria must have more to offer!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Work related beers and PT last night saw me trying the festive burger meal too. Not bad, though I wasn't sure about the pepper mayonnaise. The only issues after that were all beer related!

Back on the bike and home made food tonight
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I had the Festive beef burger meal and cheese burger.

2 burgers? why on earth did you do that?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • cee wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I had the Festive beef burger meal and cheese burger.

McDonald's cheese burgers are teeny-weeny, they don't count.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DDD: MTFU
  • DonDaddyD
    It's Ms DDD and this journey of cultural food discovery she's got me on. Eating things like scalops, mussels and meat that's cooked medium and not well done. My stomach acid can no longer dissolve McDs without great struggle
    gtvlusso wrote:
    DDD - sometimes, you just gotta do - when you are hungry enough to eat the ars* out of an elephant....

I had a cheeky KFC on Saturday......same situation, starving, need food quicktime.

Won't do it again though......Ugh! My fingers were all sticky....

Fried chicken is the food of my Gods. I'm pointing at the computer screen in all seriousness.

You've got to have a cheeseburger chaser, it's just the done thing.
    Now, I'm not one to argue with the mighty DDD, but:
    Surely Victoria must have more to offer!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sometimes you just want something unhealthy you know... But you're right I should have found an M&S and got a sanwich or an apple (that would have gone down well), I'm going to be more health concious after this New Year. But I'll never eat another McDonalds ever.
    Food Chain number = 4

• A mate of mine worked out once that if you have a large MCD meal with large coke, you need to spend about a million hours working it off.

At this time of year, that means a turbo and I just cant do it !

Last time I had one I had same prob as the OP. Never again
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    DonDaddyD wrote:

You've got to have a cheeseburger chaser, it's just the done thing.
    I see. maybe you could eat another macdonalds again, but only order enough food for 1 person?

Sometimes you just want something unhealthy you know... But you're right I should have found an M&S and got a sanwich or an apple (that would have gone down well), I'm going to be more health concious after this New Year. But I'll never eat another McDonalds ever.

The m&s on Princes Street in Edinburgh has a take-away burger bar...decent they are too.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Grifteruk wrote:
    A mate of mine worked out once that if you have a large MCD meal with large coke, you need to spend about a million hours working it off.

1160 kcal, 47 g of fat. I burn most of that off cycling home.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/nutriti ... ounter.mcd
  • Grifteruk wrote:
    A mate of mine worked out once that if you have a large MCD meal with large coke, you need to spend about a million hours working it off.

1160 kcal, 47 g of fat. I burn most of that off cycling home.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/nutriti ... ounter.mcd

I was going to say you burn off over a 1000 calories going home... Though with keeping warm in this weather + the hills etc up there you might be close. Still though...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    I'm trying to recall the last time I ventured into McDonald's, it's easily more than 10 years ago, and even then it was probably just for a McShit....
    Misguided Idealist
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    DonDaddyD wrote:

That has tempted me to get an apple pie on way back from gym just to do this, apple pies are the best

To be honest I get like this with McD aswell, now kfc is another matter :)
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I sometimes get the urge to have a McDonalds and I agree that one burger is not enough, at least 1 cheeseburger as a started followed by a meal.

2 or 3 McD's in a year is enough for me.

Seems weird that you felt hungover DDD, weren't on your way home from the pub by any chance :wink:

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    It's poison.

I'm a big fan of proper burgers, preferably BBQ'd and a bit pink, but how McD's can claim their's are 100% pure beef I'll never know, unless lips, eyeball and @rsehole count.

Sorry if I am being offensive, but the subject matter deserves it.
  • crimsondynamo
    crimsondynamo Posts: 246
    edited November 2010
    My teetotal wee brother (i.e not drunk or hungover) once yaked up a McD's on the pavement in the middle of the day!
  • McD's, hmmmm, no ta.

If I go for fast food, it's KFC, and that's maybe an annual or at the most biannual occurrence.

And I mostly just have chips and gravy.... they do do decent gravy. And the hot wings aren't too awful - at least they're an identifiable chicken limb and not 70% water.
  • If you want to be put off chicken from fast food outlets forever, click here.

I expect the same thing is done with cows, to get "beef".
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    If you want to be put off chicken from fast food outlets forever, click here.

Did you not see the 'Jamie tries to do his school food thing with fat ungrateful yanks and cries a lot' show lately? He 'mechanically separated' a chicken, ground it into that paste, made nuggets and all the kids said 'yay nuggets' and ate them.

It doesn't work!

Oh and I only eat identifiable bits of chicken. Like wings. Chickens have those. I don't know quite which cut the nugget is, but it bears most resemblance to the 'parson's nose'...
  • Greg66 wrote:
    If you want to be put off chicken from fast food outlets forever, click here.

Did you not see the 'Jamie tries to do his school food thing with fat ungrateful yanks and cries a lot' show lately? He 'mechanically separated' a chicken, ground it into that paste, made nuggets and all the kids said 'yay nuggets' and ate them.

It doesn't work!

Oh and I only eat identifiable bits of chicken. Like wings. Chickens have those. I don't know quite which cut the nugget is, but it bears most resemblance to the 'parson's nose'...

Mrs 66, in a former life, was the chicken buyer for a large supermarket chain. She saw some pretty horrible stuff at factories that was part of the process of producing MRM/MSM.

Wings are good though. With buffalo sauce (not made with real buffaloes, though, as I understand it. Cheat!) and blue cheese dressing. If the sauce doesn't make your eyes water when you smell it, it ain't hot enough.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A