Anyone Use SportsCoaching?

twotyred
twotyred Posts: 822
I'm thinking about signing up with SportsCoaching

http://www.sports-coaching.com/

Anyone here have experience with them?

Comments

• I did the etape in 2008 and John Capelin sorted my training plan out.
    I'd had very little endurance cycling experience so contacted him as he is fairly local to me and I work well to a goal if I'm kept on the straight and narrow.
    His help was invaluable, I went to see him and did a physiological testing session and John provided me with a detailed report ( I quite like the scientific analysis thing)
    He then based a training plan on how many hours I had available to train per week.
    It cost me £40 per month and he gave me a rolling 14 day ,daily plan with a diary to complete and then I e-mailed him the diary once a week and John would base the next training plan on how I was getting on.
    I could ring/e-mail for advice at any time and was able to go out to ride with him /chat etc at regular intervals.
    I have no experience of other trainers but would recommend John and his company, having spent several thousand pounds on bike /kit etc to save a few ounces the reality is that a£2-300 spent on a trainer probably gives a better return.

good luck, Regards Bob
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    John has been my coach for nearly 5 years.

And I'm not looking to change! 8)
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Bob I'm in the same position you were so if John worked for you looks like he's a good choice
  • I'm a newcomer to Sports coaching (birthday prezzie!) . I'm based in Europe so we've never met in real life but I'm very pleased so far with the the planning to goals, training etc And very quick repsonses to my sometimes mindless questions - better than spending the money on another bike for a basically rubbish cyclist like me!