Am I expecting too much as a new customer to my LBS.

2»

Comments

• It always amuses me how people in the trade always suggest cake/biscuits/booze....

I certainly appreciate it more than money for the little jobs!
  • Thanks S-works hadn't thought about the mechanics potential production targets. I just checked and they do offer lifetime free safety check on the new bike shame they didnt mention this during previous discussions with them about the scheme and the purchase of the new bike. Think I probably caught them off guard with the question and didn't appreciate the amount of work they have to do on the new bike.

Ar$e mode now switched off :oops:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I agree - you were expecting too much - however sometimes one can be pleasantly surprised - I went into Red Planet bikes for the first time having snapped the cable on my front mech and they fixed it for the cost of the cable - would I go back to them - you bet - fast friendly and the best (free) coffee in town.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    NewToTri wrote:
    Thanks Guys.

always wanting best service at the best price :)

think I'll see what the other shop say tomorrow see if they give the same or worse response that'll be the deciding factor.

Learn to do it yourself then.

Honestly bicycle maintenance isn't rocket science.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    NewToTri wrote:
    Thanks Guys.

always wanting best service at the best price :)

think I'll see what the other shop say tomorrow see if they give the same or worse response that'll be the deciding factor.

Learn to do it yourself then.

Honestly bicycle maintenance isn't rocket science.

Although indexing gears and tru-ing wheels is black magic.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I think it was ok to ask as it was ok for them to say no, now it's your call.

+1 to MTFU, buy some tools and learn to do it yourself though. A wheel build is the only thing I'd pay for.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Yes
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Yes
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!