Etape training camp 2011. Any suggestions?

Dominic Evans
Dominic Evans Posts: 6
So the easy bit is done and I have a place on the Etape, Act 1; first time rider. Based on personal experience, can anyone suggest a training camp that will help me get fit, learn etc

Comments

• brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Not a specific training camp as such but I have been to Mallorca the last 2 years with my club for a week at the end of April. An intensive week of cycling through the mountains there together with my base miles over the winter has always set me up really well for La Marmotte in July.

I think that there a few professional companies who run training camps over there so one of these may be worth a look.
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    Following on from another thread....

John Capelin from Sports-Coaching runs recce and prep camps for the Etape as well as coaching to get you ready for the event.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • After several requests from clients last season we have established a series of Lake District and North Pennine based training camps, working in association with Wheelbase. I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for, but we have a dedicated website for this now, so feel free to check it out at www.cycleactive.co.uk/etape
    Any questions, feel free to email me on chris@cycleactive.co.uk
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    I'll always recommend GPM10 and esp.their TdMB because I know it's a tough ride that's doable and you'll know what shape you are in or their other rides are good and they are good organisation. www.cyclealps.com or www.pyractif.com are also supposed to be good. Majorca is good but you need to get in the mtns and see how you are, how your gears are etc

www.gpm10.com
    M.Rushton
  • There's a long hard winter ahead so why not book a place on the Etape Training Camp on Gran Canaria, there's a full week, including do's and don't, bike & body prep with a staggered ride build up to a replica of the actual route,so you'll know exactly what's involved. Contact me here raymond@cyclegrancanaria.com Temp here now is 24º! See the week here:[http://www.cyclegrancanaria.com/etape.aspx]
    Cycle Gran Canaria is a cycle sports company started by 4 years ago and has evolved into the only year round on site cycle holiday company in the Canaries, specifically Gran Canaria.