Electric Mountain Bike? Weird, looks cool though.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    40mph is not too bad. Aside from assisting climbs, I wonder if you can use it as a power boost on the flat & downs :D.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    In a word - really horrible.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Gash.
  • cooldad wrote:

Well,maybe you're too young to appreciate the technology effort into these projects :lol: .

Myself at almost 38 I'm very happy to think that those projects are the base for the MTB of tomorrow when our active generation (1973) will turn old but will not give up it's fitness habits. Just think in 30 years from now how small those electric and solar powered engines will be !!!
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I actually would like to give it a go. Looks a bit heavy, but as long as bits don't fall off it while riding-flying why not? And it looks cool. Like a tank.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Anonymous
    Interesting and clever, but looks like something you might see Flash Gordon riding.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

Well,maybe you're too young to appreciate the technology effort into these projects :lol: .

Myself at almost 38 I'm very happy to think that those projects are the base for the MTB of tomorrow when our active generation (1973) will turn old but will not give up it's fitness habits. Just think in 30 years from now how small those electric and solar powered engines will be !!!

Us oldies (1963) have not yet given up our fitness habits. That's what pedals are for.

Still horrible.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • RichardSwt wrote:
    Interesting and clever, but looks like something you might see Flash Gordon riding.

Flying blind on a rocket-cycle?
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Blurgh, blach, vomit, it will be a sad day when I see one of those being ridden on the trails.
    Hope the batteries short and fry the riders nuts :twisted:
    Don't think, BE:
  • cooldad
    wobbem wrote:
    Blurgh, blach, vomit, it will be a sad day when I see one of those being ridden on the trails.
    Hope the batteries short and fry the riders nuts :twisted:

This
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    People buying one of those would have more fun at less cost with a moto x bike. Also less people would hurl abuse your way :)
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I don't mind the idea of electric gears, and powered components like the ELO Lefty... but this really does fly in the face of everything mountain biking stands for.

Agree with Dubcat, why bother when you can motoX it?
  • i want one of them! :shock:
    its a bit mad max eh? :lol:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Us oldies (1963) have not yet given up our fitness habits. That's what pedals are for.

Still horrible.

This. I also date from 1963...
  • Looks pretty cool but would I buy one? No! Defeats the object of mountain biking imho. If you want the thrill of mountain biking without the uphill effort....do downhilling! Gravity is a lot more powerfull
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    Coming from a motorbike background, I cant understand why there is demand for something like this.

If you dont like pedaling, buy an enduro/mx'er.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Agreed on the why would you bother front, just thinks it looks a bit tech, kinda like a motocross bike and a downhill bike had a love child :D
  • I saw this the other day and was going to post it up, but forgot.

It is a bit ridiculous like, but I suppose it would probably be quite fun to ride! But really quite pointless, it must weigh about a ton.

If you want something with a motor that goes off road, just buy a moto x bike (which would probably work out cheaper than this thing anyway!)
  • cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Still horrible.

I'll see your 1963 and raise you 1962.

Anyway,cooldad, appreciation of the "technology effort" has nothing to do with whether it looks horrible or not.

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • cooldad
    In any event:

"It is designed for cross-country use. Although it may look like a downhill bike, it is not. The weight of the motor and battery pack require the burlier components....It’s basically an off-road bike but also ideal for beachside cruising and urban shredding."

From the website. Not a lot of beachside cruising going on here.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I can't really see the point of it.

If you want to pedal your bike, buy a mountain bike. If you don't want to pedal, buy a motorbike....pretty simple really.
  • cooldad
    belugabob wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Still horrible.

I'll see your 1963 and raise you 1962.

Anyway,cooldad, appreciation of the "technology effort" has nothing to do with whether it looks horrible or not.
    I made no mention of appreciation or lack thereof of the technology. Just that it was horrible.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Fisrt time in a long time I've been considered too young for anything except a pension though.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Its made for toyota prius owners, I hate prius drivers, they are even worse than old men who drive wearing berets on sunday afternoons. :x
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous
    cooldad wrote:
    I made no mention of appreciation or lack thereof of the technology. Just that it was horrible.
    It looks like something that would be appreciated by the customers buying the phones where I work (which are equally horrible looking, but they pay bucket loads for them anyway).
  • wobbem wrote:
    Its made for toyota prius owners, I hate prius drivers, they are even worse than old men who drive wearing berets on sunday afternoons. :x

Wow,going stereotypical here !!!

ps: I drive a Prius :roll:
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    You would have to be obese to buy that. Either that or extremely lazy.
  • I made no mention of appreciation or lack thereof of the technology. Just that it was horrible.

Sorry cooldad - misread the sequence of posts and confused you with devastazione.

If you didn't learn anything today, you weren't paying attention!
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    I like prius cars. And cake. I like cake a lot.
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • cooldad
    Dubcat wrote:
    I like prius cars. And cake. I like cake a lot.

You might like them, but I note you don't drive one. More of a Chelsea Tractor.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools