Electric Mountain Bike? Weird, looks cool though.

2»

Comments

• dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    Yes true.. I like recommending them to other people. For every person i can encourage to buy one i feel I am reducing my carbon footprint. If i can encourage enough suckers to drive one i can be carbon neutral on my gas guzzler. Good plan eh? Glad to see you didn't question my cake eating skills. That would have been fighting talk.
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    belugabob wrote:
    I made no mention of appreciation or lack thereof of the technology. Just that it was horrible.

Sorry cooldad - misread the sequence of posts and confused you with devastazione.

No worries. I have nothing against technology but this seems like a pointless exercise - too heavy for fun twisty cross country singletrack, no use for downhill. Can't see any indication of price, but I'm willing to bet you'd get a seriously good bike for the same amount. Probably a decent bike and an old motorcrosser.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Dubcat wrote:
    Yes true.. I like recommending them to other people. For every person i can encourage to buy one i feel I am reducing my carbon footprint. If i can encourage enough suckers to drive one i can be carbon neutral on my gas guzzler. Good plan eh? Glad to see you didn't question my cake eating skills. That would have been fighting talk.

There are some lines one should never cross.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • chris217
    chris217 Posts: 218
    well my view is while there is no law against it ....yet !!! it is dreadful, awful and i cannot see the point !!

those intrigued should go and buy Motorcycle News and stop clogging up the cycling airwaves !!

honestly should be ashamed of yourselves,
  • Fars
    Fars Posts: 26
    Not sure who or what the target demographic is for all the new electric bikes.

They seem set up for off road, but most hardcore mtbers find the concept and realisation of assisted biking abhorrent. If you aren't fit enough to ride or don't want to progress your already fit body then go stay in front of the tv all weekend, go play call of duty or something.

Fitness is everything to do with riding for me, if that essential element was ever removed I'd remove myself from the sport.

And I can just imagine how little you'd legally be able to use one of these things, I imagine all the trail centres would have a problem with 40mph idiots and I've no clue where the law lays on motorbikes/electric scooters on bridleways/trails.

Ugly and sh1t invention, the only charging I want to do pre ride is of the eating variety.
    Cube LTD Race - 2010
    Specialized Epic Pro - 2006
  • I really can't belive none of you can think outside the box about this bike......

:?
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    Pointless engineering exercise - I quite llike the Mad Max aesthetic & the level of engineering is impressive, but can't see the overall point - doesn't look like it'll be cheap though, probably sell thousands in Dubai! And yes,i'd like a go :wink:
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • cooldad
    I really can't belive none of you can think outside the box about this bike......

:?

Go on then. Technology may well be useful in another chassis, but that's just rubbish.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    wobbem wrote:
    Its made for toyota prius owners, I hate prius drivers, they are even worse than old men who drive wearing berets on sunday afternoons. :x

Wow,going stereotypical here !!!

ps: I drive a Prius :roll:

One sunnyday when your pottering along with your beret and misses sat beside, nodding to James Last, a big black Hummer will roar past, swerve to hit the pigeons and give a thumbs up out the window. That will be me, I hate pigeons as well :twisted: :D
    Don't think, BE:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Well i'd be happy to have one of these for next years race season :wink: I think i might just be the first to the top of the first climb too?
    Do you think they would allow it?

* i am only joking, i cant think of a use for it other than getting our other halfs out on the trails and the only way to keep up without moaning about how steep that hill was.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty