Current targets?

2»

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    cjcp wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Goals for winter:
    3 laps of Richmond Park in under 60 minutes.
    Get my running distance back up to 10k once a week (not worn my Asics since spring :oops:).

Very do-able. I would have thought you should be aiming for sub-56 mins.

Well, 60 mins is a short term goal really. Mainly to just get me out there doing 3-lap rides. So far my PB for a single lap is 20:40, laps done in the same session are between 21-22mins. My stamina needs a lot of work. To be fair though, I mostly do these laps in the pitch black and have to take descents and corners pretty carefully to avoid deer strike or slippage.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    lastant wrote:
    3) I was around 80kg in January and then have it creep up to 87-88kg (I blame settling down!), get back down below that mark again. 175lb would be a 'nice' figure, so 79.5kg is the target - the sooner the better for that one!

I was under 80kg last spring now more like 85kg
    Hope to do Paris-Brest-Paris 1200km cycle next year
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    notsoblue wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    Goals for winter:
    3 laps of Richmond Park in under 60 minutes.
    Get my running distance back up to 10k once a week (not worn my Asics since spring :oops:).

Very do-able. I would have thought you should be aiming for sub-56 mins.

Well, 60 mins is a short term goal really. Mainly to just get me out there doing 3-lap rides. So far my PB for a single lap is 20:40, laps done in the same session are between 21-22mins. My stamina needs a lot of work. To be fair though, I mostly do these laps in the pitch black and have to take descents and corners pretty carefully to avoid deer strike or slippage.
    cj is normally a pretty good judge of pace. Just in case you haven't seen it here's some motivatio/competition: http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=600
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    notsoblue wrote:
    I mostly do these laps in the pitch black and have to take descents and corners pretty carefully to avoid deer strike or slippage.

That explains a lot. Don't get frustrated if you still haven't broken 60 mins by March. I often struggle to break 60 mins before then. My first outing last year was a wheeze-inducing 66 mins. Put in some decent mileage over the winter and you'll find your times will start to creep down from March or April.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."