SS/FG Natural Habitat?

2»

Comments

• Let me guess all the mamil's on this thread don't like the idea of 'hipsters' having fun on a bike?

I'm a girl, and I'm 27. Can I still be a mamil?

I don't have any issue with people having fun, I have an issue with hipster eejits, who ride fixies 'cause they're like so IN right now and OMG did you see the new Mark Ronson song he's totally on a bike, riding like muppets and giving the rest of us a bad name.

Heck, if they're indoors falling off ramps that's fine by me. As long as they don't ride to and from the mini-velodrome.

:twisted:
  • Let me guess all the mamil's on this thread don't like the idea of 'hipsters' having fun on a bike?

I'm a girl, and I'm 27. Can I still be a mamil?

I don't have any issue with people having fun, I have an issue with hipster eejits, who ride fixies 'cause they're like so IN right now and OMG did you see the new Mark Ronson song he's totally on a bike, riding like muppets and giving the rest of us a bad name.

Heck, if they're indoors falling off ramps that's fine by me. As long as they don't ride to and from the mini-velodrome.

:twisted:

Nope, I'm afraid you can't be a mamil though there is probably another acronym you can hang your helmet off.

Usually those that complain the most about another group having fun, secretly desire to do what the other group is doing.
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Well I'll be the first to admit that I'd like a go...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mr Plum wrote:

+1

I'll be the second.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Usually those that complain the most about another group having fun, secretly desire to do what the other group is doing.

Do you want a road bike for Christmas?

Let's hope you've been a good boy.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Christ. Some people have a real problem. And I'm not on about those in the video enjoying themselves.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    RichardSwt wrote:
    Mr Plum wrote:

+1

I'll be the second.

+2

Looks like a bit of a chuckle to me
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Nobody's pointed out that one of the competitors was a fully lycra'd 'proper' cyclist.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    The lycra was ironic.
  • Ben6899 wrote:
    Christ. Some people have a real problem. And I'm not on about those in the video enjoying themselves.

+1
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • Hang on, I just watched this at last. Where were all the hipsters? I saw only one silly haircut, one headband, and then just people wearing pretty much what I wear when I'm not at work. When did jeans and a t-shirt become a target for hatred? I'd go to that, and I'd ride, it looks like a lot of fun.
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    tumblr_l68w7dlkEQ1qawmuto1_500.jpg
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I've booked the wok for the SCR xmas do.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    don't like 'hipsters'

Fixed your post :)