Sky get new co-sponsor

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2010 in Pro race
And to celebrate, you can race against some of the team

www.igmarkets.co.uk/cycling

[Queue someone from the North or Wales moaning about it being in London]
:wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Doesn't that penalise smaller riders?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    That co-incides with the Pro Race London meet up doesn't it?
  • iainf72
    andyp wrote:
    That co-incides with the Pro Race London meet up doesn't it?

It certainly does.

Looks like it's earlier in the day though.
  • andyp
    We should invite Wiggo along for a beer. Then the collective wisdom of a part of the forum can plan out the rest of his career for him. :lol:
  • iainf72
    I also noticed from Dan Benson's tweet that CN have some news that's embargoed until tomorrow morning.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:
    I also noticed from Dan Benson's tweet that CN have some news that's embargoed until tomorrow morning.

The mysterious 30th man?

... or having now read tweet probably just a general embargo on Brailsford's various interviews on press day so that the written press gets to publish at same time as online publishers.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Do you think it's good news or bad news?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Next time I want to buy an Ig, I now know which market to go to. Yet another problem removed from my life thanks to pro cycling.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    afx237vi wrote:
    Next time I want to buy an Ig, I now know which market to go to. Yet another problem removed from my life thanks to pro cycling.

Heh :)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Do you think when their employees need to take a leak they go to the Igloo?

*zing!*
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Pah, the event's in London (even worse the City) so not much use to us provincials as usual :x There you go Iain, you can boast about your psychic powers now :lol:
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    If Brad gets beaten will he throw the wattbike on the ground and pretend he had a mechanical a la Mendrisio?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • i think i shall have a wander over to that, if you want to meet me i'll be the one in a suit :lol:
  • iainf72
    i think i shall have a wander over to that, if you want to meet me i'll be the one in a suit :lol:

No one wears a suit in the City. Aside from Rick and his brown shoes.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:
    i think i shall have a wander over to that, if you want to meet me i'll be the one in a suit :lol:

No one wears a suit in the City. Aside from Rick and his brown shoes.

Wearing black today.

Shoes that is.
  • iainf72

Wearing black today.

Shoes that is.

You own 2 pairs of shoes? I'm afraid this will set the Welsh off again - Clear evidence the bonus culture is alive and well.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

Wearing black today.

Shoes that is.

You own 2 pairs of shoes? I'm afraid this will set the Welsh off again - Clear evidence the bonus culture is alive and well.

I know - I even got them polished by some guy sitting on a floor the other day. He wore a cap.

:roll:
  • rick_chasey
    I imagine it'll be too popular to get any worthwhile access to the sky guys.
  • iainf72 wrote:

The mysterious 30th man?

... or having now read tweet probably just a general embargo on Brailsford's various interviews on press day so that the written press gets to publish at same time as online publishers.

Cancellara to Sky?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    iainf72 wrote:

The mysterious 30th man?

Cancellara to Sky?

Brailsford interview now live:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsf ... c-approach

Confirms they went for Cancellara but heart set on Team Luxembourg from the start.
  • iainf72
    That leaves Yates as his tactical mastermind

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.
  • Interesting that the team itself is now saying things that had people branded 'haters' for saying a year ago
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Hmm, I don't know if he's saying things that made people "haters", but I think some of the things he are saying, the "haters" will be pleased to hear - that they are to be more humble, that they need to respect other races and racers etc. I hadn't realised that results wise, their season was so "succesful" - the general feeling of their season was that it wasn't as good as is being portrayed - but then, not as bad as some make out.

Nice to see some honest assesment really - one of the reasons I love bike racing rather than other sports.
  • andyp
    iainf72 wrote:
    That leaves Yates as his tactical mastermind

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

I laughed. A lot.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    And to celebrate, you can race against some of the team

www.igmarkets.co.uk/cycling

[Queue someone from the North or Wales moaning about it being in London]
    :wink:

Bar steward saaaathaaarrrrrsssss!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Not wearing their new kit yet - well at least not on today's ride at least (a few of them have just ridden past my front door)
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Allegedly this event is now cancelled....
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    edited November 2010
    Races were happening when i went past a few hours ago. Whats happened since then?
  • iainf72
    Races where happening when i went past a few hours ago. Whats happened since then?

I believe a fella collapsed.

* - 2nd hand info from someone at work
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    A friend just tweeted that the bloke in race 1 heat 1 collapsed, needed CPR and is being taken away in an ambulance. My mate was race 1 heat 2 it seems!

Hope the chap is ok.