2»

Comments

• sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Cheshire Cat - If I can get time off work
    Tour of the Peaks
    Hopefully, some riding in the Alpes + tdf again
    My usual marauding around the Peaks
  • Not a sportive in 2011 but the 4d20h LEJOG Permanent Audax. May do some early sportives to some short miles back into my legs and training followed by longer audaxes.
  • Raid Alpine in July / August.

Will pick some UK sportives, hopefully dry sunny ones, to do as part of training plan.

South Downs Way in a day, ONLY in one direction though!
  • Mar-cheshire cat 100, First time....bit worried about getting enough training in beforehand

Sept-Ride the route Tour of Worcester, 2nd time doing this sportive..need to beat my time of 5.45h for the 92 mile last year

Probably find a couple more to do during the summer!
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    April - Lakeland Loop
    May - FW Challenge (hopefully) / Etape Caledonia
    June - Trossachs Ton / Northern Cylone
    August - Glasgow 100 / Ken Laidlaw Sportive
    September - Pedal for Scotland / Lakes 100

+ about 5 mtb events

Canny wait!

:D
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Hampshire HIlly Hundred
    Dragon Ride
    Second Etape (Issoire St Flour)
    Southern Sportive
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    paddymac wrote:
    Hampshire HIlly Hundred
    Dragon Ride
    Second Etape (Issoire St Flour)
    Southern Sportive

Pretty much same as me, although I'm not doing an event in France, just riding the majority of the Marmotte route, i.e. Galibier, Crox De Fer, Alp Duez etc.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Only actually enetered the Dartmoor Classic so far but enjoyed the CycleOps sportive in Wales last year so will defintiely look at that again. Maybe Etape du Dales too.

I did the Dragon Ride last year but not sure whether to do it again this year.
  • Anyone doing Etape du Dales??
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    MrChuck wrote:
    Only actually enetered the Dartmoor Classic so far but enjoyed the CycleOps sportive in Wales last year so will defintiely look at that again. Maybe Etape du Dales too.

Long route is sold out so you'd only be able to enter the shorter routes now, unless they release some more spaces like they did last year. I doubt they will this time though as they've had close to 4000 entrants. I think that's a record for the event.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    sampras38 wrote:
    MrChuck wrote:

Long route is sold out so you'd only be able to enter the shorter routes now, unless they release some more spaces like they did last year. I doubt they will this time though as they've had close to 4000 entrants. I think that's a record for the event.

Oh, is it? Mind you I got in last year by buying somebody else's place off them so might still be an option. But last year was my first time on the Dragon and TBH it didn't really leave me feeling like it was a must-do. I know it's not the same route this year though.
  • Currently only entered in the Caledonia Etape in May. Missed out on an entry for the Kinross Sportive in April. But I'm hoping to do Trossachs Ton in June, Ken Laidlaw in Hawick in Aug and Bealach Mor in Sept, Might squeeze in the Selkirk weekend in July, road sportive on the Sat. camp overnight and off-road on the Sun.

Let's hope it's going to be a nice summer.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Staying in the SW this year to keep costs down:

April - Cornwall Tor
    May - Tour of Wessex
    June - Dartmoor Classic
    September - Tour of Dartmoor

Any other recommendations for July/August?