Colnago M10 just arrived !!!

13»

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    What's the difference in terms of suitable use between the C59 Italia and the M10? If they are both designed for the same discipline, then what are the differences between them?

Beautiful bike OP :)
  • I actually have an answer for that straight from the horses mouth ...

Product placement on these models is a broad subject. Something that is more down to rider requirements/usage.
    Personally I would place the EPS and M10 on the same peg… The c59 however improves where the EPS left off, however this is a full on race machine.

The M10 is the latest monocoque frame which offers all of the above but with a saving of weight and a slightly softer ride where perhaps a weekend ride or sportif is desired, rather than a full bore race from start to finish every time you fancy a ride.

Just skimming over the details there but this should hopefully highlight the M10 is a superb addition to the Colnago fleet.

There you have it!! :-)
    Colnago M10 (Builld in progress)
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Excellent, thanks. So reading that then, the M10 is a more Sportive oriented frame. Food for thought! Thanks :wink:
  • vinc
    vinc Posts: 7
    Nice, I'm looking forward to your complete build :)
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Pleased everything has worked out...........looked forward to the pics!
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    Likewise - pleased to see the new frame is as it should be. Just to make you feel even better about your M10 - there is a nice new review out here: http://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/colnago/m10/index.html

Enjoy!
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • vinc
    Nice review indeed.

Now I'm definitely gonna get me a M10 too. Think it will do well beside my 2004 c50 :D
  • excellent, love your work....cant wait for mine to arrive but looks like it wont be til next year now...:roll:

@2wheelobsession - hmmmm cutting the steerer, if there is one thing you dont want to stuff up....remember less is more (and you can always cut again but if you take too much...well :shock: ). Look forward to the final build pics.

thanks for the review link ScottieP, have been waiting for that review!
  • Pretty

*drool*
  • vinc
    Hi 2wheelobsession, is there any news :idea:

I'm still looking forward to your complete build :D
  • Hi all - so sorry but a combination of weather, illness, christmas festivities has delayed the completion a bit, also need to get a few new tools (Torque wrench for 1) to build her up properly!

As riding at the moment is not really an option - especially not on something as special as this - I will now wait for the new year and get the tools, tighten her up and take her out !

Merry christmas to you all
    Cheers
    J
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Been following this thread for a while matey. Glad you went with the decision to hold out for a perfect frame. You paid in 'perfect' money, you should expect the same service/goods in kind.

Really looking forward to pics of the build. You must be champing at the bit to finish it up and get your leg over...

Merry Christmas indeed...!! :lol:
  • vinc
    Hi!

Any news yet :D
  • Just read the whole thread, great build and cant wait to see it complete :D
  • Hi again all, God I know how you all feel - no - one is more keen to get this completed but a dislocated shoulder on my skiing holiday has really put me out of action!

She is so close to being done too - just waiting for the speedplays and still need to cut the steerer tube down (nervous about taking a hacksaw to her) and then she will be ready to roll.

As for recovery that may take a bit longer - i have an operation onthe 10th of march :cry:

Hoping to get some bits for my birthday in a few weeks time to finish her off and will post up some pics!

Cheers all
    J
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Oh man, get well soon.
  • how has your build progressed 2wheelobsession?

My M10 has finally arrived (just over 6 months!) and is being built up...can't wait to give it a whirl and to see the difference between my old steel 'nago and the new carbon breed!