Colnago M10 just arrived !!!

Comments

• Not progressed with the build as i am really torn about the frame! I have written to the suppliers and will see what they say - Thank you very much "Wicked" for the quote!! :-)

The saga continues .....Will let you know what happens!
    Colnago M10 (Builld in progress)
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Not progressed with the build as i am really torn about the frame! I have written to the suppliers and will see what they say - Thank you very much "Wicked" for the quote!! :-)

The saga continues .....Will let you know what happens!

A pleasure. Hope this works out well for you.
    Lets face it its probably only the fact that you will probably have to wait 3 months for the replacement that's stopping you sending it back right now. If you don't though the defects will gnaw away at you and ruin your pleasure of the frame!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Must confess, I didn't see that first time around, I was in a rush. Yes indeed, have a word with the UK agent, at that sort of money you would expect the paint-job to be 100%

Good luck with it and keep us posted.
  • hmmm you'd think quality control would pick that type of painting error up. Am sure it wouldnt take much to fix it up properly in the factory.
    :shock:

hope you get it sorted
  • Really confused by all this - I dont see why i have to be penalised for them sending me a frame that is not up to standard! Why do I have to wait 2-3 months for the frame to be sent back to Italy ??

The way i see it - its not my problem - i want a new frame and what they do with that one is not my concern! I dont want a frame that has been sent back and forth, sanded - repainted etc etc! If that is how they are going to want to deal with this then they can have it back and I will find something else from someone who can be bothered to send out a perfect frame first time!

:evil:
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Hang in there. You must perceiver with this imo. I realise its a pain but its not right - I would just phone everybody concerned, supplier, importer etc. Include high res and clear pictures of the areas in question. ask if they would be happy with that standard of finish for thousands of pounds.

Tie them down to sorting it with immediate effect. In fact, no, I would ask for a replacement under the sales of goods act. The goods are not up to standard therefore you are entitled to a refund or replacement.

To be fair you have been very patient, that's in your favour, keep on until you get a sympathetic ear.

Dont accept that chap, £2.5k is ALOT of money in anyone's book.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • wicked
    Really confused by all this - I dont see why i have to be penalised for them sending me a frame that is not up to standard! Why do I have to wait 2-3 months for the frame to be sent back to Italy ??

The way i see it - its not my problem - i want a new frame and what they do with that one is not my concern! I dont want a frame that has been sent back and forth, sanded - repainted etc etc! If that is how they are going to want to deal with this then they can have it back and I will find something else from someone who can be bothered to send out a perfect frame first time!

:evil:

I am confused. Have you spoken to the retailer then or acting off my earlier post about 3 months for a replacement? I presume it would take at least this long as it took 3 months for the original frame to arrive.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • Hi all,

Well i have finally sorted it and spoken to the distributor directly. The frame goes back today and they have a replacement frame kept aside for me that will be sent out on receipt of my current frame!

He agreed that the paint should be spot on and aparently the unit he has pulled aside is perfect (time will tell)

The thing that has annoyed me is that they said they need to check the frame as it need to be in showroom condition for them to take it back !!! It wasnt in showroom condition when i received it so well see how that goes!!

Will keep you informed!
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • good on you mate,

got a dream bike there well potential[/b]
  • Rich.H
    Rich.H Posts: 443
    Glad you got this sorted in the end.

Good luck with the replacement

Rich
  • Just got confirmation that the new frame will be with me tomorrow! They have been really good with the exchange and i am very happy that it has now been replaced! I just hope that the new frame is up to scratch !! Guess we will see tomorrow!! :-)
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Fingers crossed - we're all waiting for more pics.
  • Fingers crossed - we're all waiting for more pics.
  • wicked
    Just got confirmation that the new frame will be with me tomorrow! They have been really good with the exchange and i am very happy that it has now been replaced! I just hope that the new frame is up to scratch !! Guess we will see tomorrow!! :-)

No pun intended!
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Good luck with it!
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Just got confirmation that the new frame will be with me tomorrow! They have been really good with the exchange and i am very happy that it has now been replaced! I just hope that the new frame is up to scratch !! Guess we will see tomorrow!! :-)

Excellent stuff, chuffed for you. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • excellent work...glad its worked out.
    Nothing like some good old fashioned customer service to set things right.
  • Cheers guys - really appreciate the advice and the backing!! I am sure we as consumers have a lot more clout because of forums and discussions like these! I am glad i didnt just accept it and have gone through with it in the end as it would always have been a niggle! I just hope that mine was a rouge mistake and the new one truly is perfect!

Hopefully it will arrive today (in the snow) - I will then be checking it thoroughly before i take it home to start trhe build again!

Thanks again
    J
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • vinc
    vinc Posts: 7
    Hi, really a wonderful bike the M10!

I've seen it at a bike-show in Holland and now I'm thinking of ordering one as well. I just don't know what color to choose :? The black with orange looks great, but the shiny black and neon-orange is maybe a little to flashy? The black-silver is also fantastic, and the red one...

Help! :D
  • vinc
    dont ask me I've ordered a blue one!! :lol:
    good luck with your choice...
  • @ vinc

I was a hard decision but was helped by the fact that I had a SRAM red groupset ready and waitig so the orange was out! Personally I am not a fan of red bikes so that ruled that out too. Blue not really what i was after (although really lovely in the flesh) which left me with the matt black (a bit too plain), white (already have a white colnago and didnt like the white/silver combo) and the black/silver - so it was an easy choice in the end as i was only left with one :-)

I wish the black/silver had a clear coat on it though - I think it would POP more if it was shiny but the matt black does have a stealthy element to it! Looking forward to see the properly painted version as i am sure my last one missed a part of the process!

Arrives today (hopefully) !!
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • vinc
    Blue looks great on the bike too! My current bike also has got a lot of blue on it :wink:

At the moment the black/orange is a little my favorite colour over the black/silver, just concerning the frameset. Br I'm afraid the orange might be too much and I can't combine it with my usual biketeam-colthes (blue/green/yellow), Fulcrum-wheelset and so on. Then the black/silver is the better choice... :roll:

@2wheelobsession: Any luck today and the bike has arrived?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Arrrrrrgh!

I'm losing it!

Post some freaking PICTURES! :o
  • Hoooray - New frame just arrived and on quick inspection it looks perfect! No overspray, not patching of writing and no marks on the logos! It does still have a hand painted quality though - obviously as it is not just a single colour frame with stickers it does have character - at least its not a flawed one!! :D Finally - the dream bike is here!!!

@ NapoleonD - easy brother! I posted loads of pics of the last frame and only just received the new one! What pics are you looking for?? :)

Now just to get a heater for my garage - holy crap its cold in there!!
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Anonymous

@ NapoleonD - easy brother! I posted loads of pics of the last frame and only just received the new one! What pics are you looking for?? :)

Any. I'm getting new colnago picture withdrawal symptoms. I can't afford for it to go into full blown new colnago withdrawal symptoms because the only cure is to buy another!
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Any. I'm getting new colnago picture withdrawal symptoms. I can't afford for it to go into full blown new colnago withdrawal symptoms because the only cure is to buy another!

'ere, squire.. *sniff*... I hear you're looking for a quick fix. *sniff* I got a good hit you can have. This is top quality sh*t new in from that eye-tal-ee-er. It'll blow your head off. This one's on the aahse. Next time won't be but you won't get better quality than this anywhere else. *sniff*

Colnago+C59.jpg
  • lol
    what a fix!!!
  • vinc
    @2wheel...: Any news, pictures or anything please :D
  • Hey guys!!

Sorry was away this weekend so didnt manage much but did mamage to escape to the garae for a hour to start on the replacement frame. I have to say that the replacent is like a different bike in terms of quality. As mentioned before it is not a clinical finish as it is not just stickers but this one is perfect! all the l;ettering is as it should be and I am so happy that i want through the process of sending it back.

Feedback from the guys at windwave was that the the 1st frame i got was definitely not up to standard and that they would be having words with Colnago about it!

Anyway here are some pics of the new build (sorry again for the rubbish pics but could only work in the garage)

PC050492.jpg

PC050493.jpg

PC050494.jpg

PC050491.jpg

Gotta take the plunge and cut the steerer and a bit more trimming og the gear/brake cables and she will be ready to roll!!
    Colnago Arte "09
    Mongoose Maurice Fixie
    LaPierre Zesty 714
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Suzuki GSXR 750
  • Anonymous
    1368355119_2f44bc6d47_o.gif