The "Who likes DDD's Threads" Thread....

2»

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    He makes me laugh. I've only met him once and he was on CS3 fixing a puncture with his bike upside down. Anyone that turns their bike upside down to fix a puncture makes me laugh!

:?:
  • He makes me laugh. I've only met him once and he was on CS3 fixing a puncture with his bike upside down. Anyone that turns their bike upside down to fix a puncture makes me laugh!

I turn my bike upside down to fix punctures. Much easier that way...
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    He makes me laugh. I've only met him once and he was on CS3 fixing a puncture with his bike upside down. Anyone that turns their bike upside down to fix a puncture makes me laugh!

I do since I was inspecting the back wheel, lifted it slightly to spin it but forget it was fixed, so caught myself in the face with the pedal.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Life would be much more boring without DDD - even if his opinion is mostly wrong :wink:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:
    I just want to know if he's still sharing his house with the mouse

We got one of those plugs that sends a high pitch signal to keep them at bay, haven't seen anything since.

That may be because it's winter and they've all hibernated? We did the same and I wonder the same because we've had the same outcome.

We're the same.

Oh, fu** me, no...
    :wink:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I do.

What's the problem?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549

That is just sooooooooooooooo wrong !
  • fossyant wrote:

That is just sooooooooooooooo wrong !

Apparently it is! I'm just not entirely sure why...
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I never turn my bike upside down - apparently you can get airlocks in the hydraulic cylinders if you do
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    I like them more the less regular they are.

Fell upon deaf ears apparently
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • I like them more the less regular they are.

Fell upon deaf ears apparently

It would seem so.

Public sector, eh? Do some flippin' work - I pay your wages.

:roll:

:twisted:
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    I told myself I wouldn't repond to any more of them...

Major Fail. Shoot me now.

Cheers,
    W.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hi,

Can we stop with what will end up as flaming. If you don't like them don't read them.

If you want people to discuss something else, make your own threads.

Thanks
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Hi,

Can we stop with what will end up as flaming. If you don't like them don't read them.

If you want people to discuss something else, make your own threads.

Thanks

DDD, if you don't like it, don't read it!
  • DonDaddyD
    Heh, of course.

The difference is.

My threads (today), no matter how much you detest them, are general topics of discussion. They are not aimed at, personally, any one individual or single out anyone. A person here can walk away from them without feeling they have been dragged unfairly into the discussion.

Yours (the above) however are aimed at an individual, me. So I have every right to read them and speak out to defend myself, personally.

That is the difference.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I prefer them when he's not using his own bloody name in the title...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    It was a bit self gratifying I admit...

I may curb that in future.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Usually don't read DDD threads as I find them very much attention seeking and lose the will to live before I get half way through them.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • It strikes me, seeing the number of DDD threads around at the moment, that DDD needs someone to talk to. I don't mean that nastily but where I work we would discuss all these things as part of the normal office banter not on a forum.
  • DonDaddyD
    It strikes me, seeing the number of DDD threads around at the moment, that DDD needs someone to talk to. I don't mean that nastily but where I work we would discuss all these things as part of the normal office banter not on a forum.

Perhaps I'm in an environment where having a strong social/political view would be widely detrimental?

Do the people who participate in my threads need someone to talk to as well?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It was a bit self gratifying I admit...

I may curb that in future.

feel free to edit your titles of course

It's looking a little like a forum for all things DDD

none of which are you cycling #justsaying
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    Sigh....
    Food Chain number = 4

• well.. DDD in my eyes is a role model! he's a fantastic influence and i believe he's the Martin Luther King of these forums!

LONG LIVE DDD
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It strikes me, seeing the number of DDD threads around at the moment, that DDD needs someone to talk to. I don't mean that nastily but where I work we would discuss all these things as part of the normal office banter not on a forum.

Perhaps I'm in an environment where having a strong social/political view would be widely detrimental?

Do the people who participate in my threads need someone to talk to as well?
    But you're a commie and you work in the public sector - How could it get you anything other than some union clout and a generous final salary pension scheme?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    DDD a commie?

Errr, no.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Heh, of course.

The difference is.

My threads (today), no matter how much you detest them, are general topics of discussion. They are not aimed at, personally, any one individual or single out anyone. A person here can walk away from them without feeling they have been dragged unfairly into the discussion.

Yours (the above) however are aimed at an individual, me. So I have every right to read them and speak out to defend myself, personally.

That is the difference.

That so?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Wish i'd never started this one....Sorry DDD, buy you a pint.
  • DonDaddyD
    No worries GTV, I know you created it without any ill intentions.
    Food Chain number = 4