The "Who likes DDD's Threads" Thread....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Fabulous....

Makes my day to read something random from some bloke I have never met. Even if I disagree, it makes me think of others opinions and viewpoints on stuff I would not normally think about.....or care about.

"to the power awesome"....or some sh1te he spouts on about :-) :-)

Without DDD, this forum would be about bikes and stuff, and who the f*ck would want to read that!?!

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I do, now. :shock:
  • Down with this sort of thing?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Down with this sort of thing?

^this sort of thing? or the actual point of the thread?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    This will end in flames...

yet_another_picard_facepalm.jpg

But thank you!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Love 'em, despite often containing complete nonsense. Perhaps that's why I love 'em...
  • I like them more the less regular they are.
  • Clever Pun
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    This will end in flames...

yet_another_picard_facepalm.jpg

But thank you!

tumblr_lbnkgsjrWM1qzegz5o1_r1_400.gif
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • I like them more the less regular they are.

Do you mean regular, or frequent?

I don't want to give DDD ideas, but I reckon you'd not be happy if, to appease you, he started threads more often, but at less predictable intervals... :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Greg66 wrote:
    I like them more the less regular they are.

I don't want to give DDD ideas, but I reckon you'd not be happy if, to appease you, he started threads more often, but at less predictable intervals... :wink:

:lol:

I mean frequent.
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    I just want to know if he's still sharing his house with the mouse
  • DonDaddyD
    Ian.B wrote:

We got one of those plugs that sends a high pitch signal to keep them at bay, haven't seen anything since.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:

We got one of those plugs that sends a high pitch signal to keep them at bay, haven't seen anything since.

A butt plug?
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Down with this sort of thing?

^this sort of thing? or the actual point of the thread?

in a silly manner...

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • kelsen wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ian.B wrote:

A butt plug?

• Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Greg66 wrote:

10am, just after breakfast goes down.

Edit: Yeah, I like them. He does seem to attract some snipey nastiness, but that is what you get for sticking your neck out on the net I suppose.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Greg66 wrote:

I mean frequent.
    Must admit I assumed you meant Goofy...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Greg66 wrote:

I mean frequent.

So your advice to him is when you're thinking of posting, don't. Wait a bit. Still thinking? Wait some more. :twisted:

I like them, complete bollocks as they usually are, I especially liked the story about the mouse that kicked him out of his house, shredded his comics, slept with his missus and stole the Power Awesome.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2010
    Every aspect of the mouse story was true.

I still feel uncomfortable thinking about it. I once used the vacuum cleaner to get ride of a bee.

Well, it was in the bath so I put a bucket over it and the argos catelogue on top of the bucket, turned the tap on and walked away. Thinking "DDD 1, Bee 0". The Bee was massive I might add.

The next thing I heard was the Argos falling into the bath, so I went and checked and there was the Argos in the water, the bucket on its side and the bee swimming in the water. So I thought "F*ck this" got my hoover and sucked it up*. I did the same with a moth that was a little too big for me armed with a shoe to take on...

*I was outside the bathroom and reached for the bee with the extendable attachment... Like hell I was going in there.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    oh dear, the only time I got a bit pissy with an insect was in France when a plane sized hornet was trying to get into the small house we were staying in. .

wrapped a towel round my hand smacked it through the open window and closed it quick smart
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

I still feel uncomfortable thinking about it. I once used the vacuum cleaner to get ride of a bee.

Well, it was in the bath so I put a bucket over it and the argos catelogue on top of the bucket, turned the tap on and walked away. Thinking "DDD 1, Bee 0". The Bee was massive I might add.

The next thing I heard was the Argos falling into the bath, so I went and checked and there was the Argos in the water, the bucket on its side and the bee swimming in the water. So I thought "F*ck this" got my hoover and sucked it up*. I did the same with a moth that was a little too big for me armed with a shoe to take on...

*I was outside the bathroom and reached for the bee with the extendable attachment... Like hell I was going in there.

To get rid of bees you should play Alice Cooper at a loud volume. Argos catalogues just enrage them.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

I mean frequent.
    Must admit I assumed you meant Goofy...

Why you, ... That's a *boarder* joke!

<goes to wash mouth out>
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    DonDaddyD wrote:

To get rid of bees you should play Alice Cooper at a loud volume. Argos catalogues just enrage them.

Please don't try this at home people.

Sucking water into an electrical appliance isn't big or clever.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I still think after Mousegate, DDD needs to MTFU! I find something slightly worrying in a man who is afraid of mice :roll:

His threads amuse me however :)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    I like DDD's threads... he's obviously an intelligent bloke, stimulating debate... just a shame that we pay his wages through the NHS so he can entertain me whilst I'M wasting time at work... *lights touchpaper and retreats to a safe distance* :wink:
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm pretty sure he owes me a tenner :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    rjsterry wrote:

+ 1
    Hat + Beard
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If you don't like DDD's threads, don't read them. Reading them is not compulsory!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • He makes me laugh. I've only met him once and he was on CS3 fixing a puncture with his bike upside down. Anyone that turns their bike upside down to fix a puncture makes me laugh!
  • I like some of his threads, some of them I dont.

Some of his comments are good, some nonsense. But he does put plenty of effort in and stands up when he thinks somethings is wrong or needs challenging - so jolly good show and all that.

But I have a couple of questions how in the name of buddha or whoever

1) Wants to Ride a bee.
    2) Needs a Vacuum cleaner to help them do it.

If you want to shag a bee thats fine but try dinner first.
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing