Motorcyclists

13»

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    All this talk about who is faster off the lights is a bit pointless in London. Motorcyclists taking up an ASL just seems to mean they're stuck to someone's bumper 50yds up the road a few seconds quicker. Meanwhile the cyclists that are stuck behind them in whats left of the ASL have to put up with exhausts (sometimes angled up on the more sporty models) and then *still* have to overtake/undertake the motorbikes when they get stuck in traffic. Quite often the motorbike will be blocking a gap too small for them that a whole peloton of cyclists could use. I'm speaking mostly of my commute here, which is mostly along the Embankment.

I'm patient enough to not be overly bothered by motorbikes in the ASL holding me up, but its pretty unpleasant being stuck behind one of them and having exhaust fumes blown straight at you. I'd prefer if they were behind me, out of the ASL, but then I would say that :)

Like bus exahusts though, keeps you warm in winter....

Every choking, noxious and unpleasant cloud, eh? :P
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    All this talk about who is faster off the lights is a bit pointless in London. Motorcyclists taking up an ASL just seems to mean they're stuck to someone's bumper 50yds up the road a few seconds quicker. Meanwhile the cyclists that are stuck behind them in whats left of the ASL have to put up with exhausts (sometimes angled up on the more sporty models) and then *still* have to overtake/undertake the motorbikes when they get stuck in traffic. Quite often the motorbike will be blocking a gap too small for them that a whole peloton of cyclists could use. I'm speaking mostly of my commute here, which is mostly along the Embankment.

I'm patient enough to not be overly bothered by motorbikes in the ASL holding me up, but its pretty unpleasant being stuck behind one of them and having exhaust fumes blown straight at you. I'd prefer if they were behind me, out of the ASL, but then I would say that :)

It's friday....
  • notsoblue
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

It's friday....

I hear the coalition wants to ban Fridays. I bet you support that too?
  • Bikaz
    Bikaz Posts: 2
    Live and let live :)
  • W1
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

It's friday....

That'll be some lefty hand-holding thing, so no!

Thursday is the new friday though I suppose....

Do commies have weekends? Or just an extra helping of gruel one day a week?
  • notsoblue
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

It's friday....

You mean Victory Gruel, righteous product of the motherland, nourishment for both body and soul? One helping is enough, it would be an act of bourgeois profligacy to expect more. We get to leave the factories for a few hours for callisthenics and marching drills though.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    notsoblue wrote:
    How are motorcyclists meant to know which ASLs they can use and which ones they can't? I'm not surprised that the inconsistency makes them think they can get away with using them all anyway.

If they're not sure, they shouldn't use them?
  • W1
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

It's friday....

You mean Victory Gruel, righteous product of the motherland, nourishment for both body and soul? One helping is enough, it would be an act of bourgeois profligacy to expect more. We get to leave the factories for a few hours for callisthenics and marching drills though.

I did hear that Fulham was becoming a bit rough these days, I had no idea it had got this bad. They'll be closing the Sloaney Pony next.
  • notsoblue
    Aidy wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    How are motorcyclists meant to know which ASLs they can use and which ones they can't? I'm not surprised that the inconsistency makes them think they can get away with using them all anyway.

If they're not sure, they shouldn't use them?

Your faith in humanity is astounding :)
  • W1 and Notsoblue,

I'm sure there is another format you could use for your love in rather than bore the crap out of others on here
  • notsoblue
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:

I did hear that Fulham was becoming a bit rough these days, I had no idea it had got this bad. They'll be closing the Sloaney Pony next.

You mean The Victory Pony? Going strong, though the back room is now cold storage for the produce grown on Parson's green. Voted into the Top 5 Places to Redeem Gin Vouchers.
  • W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

It's friday....

Beginning to look like a piece of art this ...............
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html