notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rjsterry wrote:
    Aaaaaargh! :shock: Mind you, you could always load your own dishwasher :P

What the hell is wrong with you?

:P
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Agent57 wrote:
    The trixiest part is getting my water at the right temperature. Boiling is too hot, and I've no idea how long to leave it post-boil so it has cooled to around 80 degrees.

Thermometer?

My kettle (Philips) actually has a setting for different temperatures (10deg increments, 70-100, I think) and a 'stay-warm' function. Have only ever used 'boiling' and 'stay-warm' though...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    If I had a thermometer capable of being plunged into very hot water, yeah. I don't think I have though. Could be a fun experiment! Will it... won't it... Oooh, the suspense! :D

(I could, of course, just go out and buy a food thermometer, which I assume would be capable of high temperatures.)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Agent57 wrote:
    (I could, of course, just go out and buy a food thermometer, which I assume would be capable of high temperatures.)

This is what I meant, but now that you mention it, an experiment would be fun... :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I used to love drinking coffee. Love it long time.

However,

I used to make really strong sweet black coffee all the time. Then once when I was hung over I made a cup of coffee with three large heap like scoops of coffee, three scoops of sugar, half a cup of water (may have been a quarter cup of water). No milk.

The resulting effect is that I can no longer drink coffee without it upsetting my stomach with extreme demands....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

This is what I meant, but now that you mention it, an experiment would be fun... :lol:

If you don't mind mercury in your coffee.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    rjsterry wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

If you don't mind mercury in your coffee.

I don't mind, as long as its artisanal, sustainably sourced mercury.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    +1 for Monmouth it really is the best, I bulk buy & drink
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I don't drink coffee. Foul stuff.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    We have nespresso machines here, and an abundant supply of capsules, which I appropriate for my own nespresso machines at home.

Call me a heathen, but it's nice coffee of consistent quality.

Errrrm, well, since I don't think anyone else has - LiT; you heathen :lol:

One cup cafetierre for me at work - then it is tea and the odd cup of instant. Caffeine doesn't work though......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Agent57 wrote:
    As instants go, I'm a fan of Nescafe Alta Rica.
    It should be illegal for any instant drink rumoured to be somehow originally sourced from coffee beans to use the word 'coffee' in its description. And Nestlé are bad.

Where I work we have some reasonable Guatemalan. The boss's brother is an addict and talked him into getting it cheaply through a customer for the 3 of us who like it.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Gotta be Big Maggies coffee for me, bloody strong and the charity connection!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    [quote= wrote:

Is that a euphemism for something?

I'm lucky enough to work in Borough so tend to buy from Monmouth. Have used a cafetiere ever since i lost my stove-top. Keep meaning to buy proper espresso machine, but they are damn expensive and I always have other spending priorities... maybe that's something to put on the wedding list.
  • people recommending capsules should be forced to drink instant as punishment. Unless they're for a windswept moor, mid-ride coffee stop, for loading up your Handpresso, there is no excuse.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    We have nespresso machines here, and an abundant supply of capsules, which I appropriate for my own nespresso machines at home.

Call me a heathen, but it's nice coffee of consistent quality.

Errrrm, well, since I don't think anyone else has - LiT; you heathen :lol:

One cup cafetierre for me at work - then it is tea and the odd cup of instant. Caffeine doesn't work though......

Thanks. At least someone's paying attention...
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    [quote= wrote:

Is that a euphemism for something?

I'm lucky enough to work in Borough so tend to buy from Monmouth. Have used a cafetiere ever since i lost my stove-top. Keep meaning to buy proper espresso machine, but they are damn expensive and I always have other spending priorities... maybe that's something to put on the wedding list.
    Quite jealous of all you guys based near borough market.

I've got one of these which is ace:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Siemens-TC91100 ... B00008BQY5
    The thermos jug keeps the coffee nicely warm without stewing it :D

Also keep meaning to buy a proper espresso machine but am running out of kitchen surface space :(
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides