Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    hatbeard wrote:

cannondale-mike-giant-bike-front.jpg

:lol:

That bike be gangsta!

Me wanty!!!

As to the thread depends on the police officer.

I often wonder whether when riding my Kharma in non-lycra (say tracksuit and trainers when collecting from the LBS post service) they'll stop me and give me the whole "sir is this bike yours routine". Much like they stop some and give them the whole you look suspicious in this car, you couldn't possibly afford it....

But the real question is. "Do the police actually care"

Some do. Some don't.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    The Police generally aren't interested in day to day low level crime and will find a reason to drop most things. They particularly aren't set-up/interested in using even evidence given to them (CCTV, video or witnesses) so they don't even need to do that part of the job.

I wonder how many of the morons go on to commit more serious offences because easy ones weren't followed up. Even a stiff talking to and the knowledge that the Police would reopen dropped offences if the person was nabbed again would probably head off the vermin going on to distress someone else.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    If only we had a forum member who was not only copper, but a cyclist as well. He/she could then give us some insight into planet plod when a cyclist makes a complaint. Hmmmm........
  • electric_blue
    electric_blue Posts: 195
    edited November 2010
    Over the last 25 years I've lost count of the number of interactions I've had with the Met police. without actually ever breaking the law I've been threatened with arrest on at least three occasions. One for reporting a van in a bus lane who tried to run me off the road, and I ended up accused, falsely of causign criminal damage; the next for trying to persuade a motorist blocking a busy bike lane to move two feet to the right, I was threatened with arrst for obstruction - ironic - and the driver was not even spoken to; another for reporting a man who ran through a zebra crossing nearly running me down (I was on foot) - the policeman told me he had better things to do and grabbed my by the collar and told me to "fu.ck off" or he'd arrest me, and then shook me and let go; and the last was on critical mass when a policeman told me to go through a red light or he'd arrest me, so I did and the next policeman I saw tried to arrest me for going through the red light - he pushed me off my bike, grabbed me and told me I was under arrest, then appeared to foget about me and wandered off. :?

Once got run over by a car - on foot - it was a hit and run; I got the number plate, and had a number of witnesses including an off-duty policeman who gave me their phone numbers, and months later got a letter from the Police saying no action to be taken due to there being lack of witnesses!!

Similar occured the one serious accident I've had on a bike - two witnesses - no prosecution.

A few years ago my daughter went missing and I had to go to Kennington Police station to report it. I was in there for two hours in a tiny tiny crowded room with officers coming through and shouting at some elderly people for sitting on the floor and being generally offensive to everyone - while my wife was at home in a state and I needed to get back; and then when I finally got seen, only they didn;t give me all the paperwork i needed; so when I tried to get the paperwork I was ignored for another hour - told off by one particularly nasty bit of work because I dared to talk to her - and finally given the sheet of paper I needed by a civilian assistant with absolutely no apology for their error.

One way to deter people from reporting things though isn;t it? - I haven't been back since.

Once got detained on a train - all blokes in their 20s were forced to stay in their seats beacuse some of those blokes were going to a football match apparently. Nearly got arrested going to the toilet - got yanked back - didn't know at that point that I wasn't allowed to go freely about the train, football fans had been told apparently but as i wasn't a football fan i didn;t know - wasn't allowed to buy a coffe or stretch my legs.

Once got yanked back walking into Baker Street Station after work, the way I always walked - there was a football match on apparently which always passes me by - got asked if I could read - there was a temporary no entry sign up apparently only the incompetent b@st@rds had forgotten to put it up - I saw one of them putting it up while another read the riot act at me. Naturally I pointed this out to the copper who'd lectured me and walked off. He came after me, grabbed me, and dragged me back up the road, causing bruises and cuts. I told him that I didn't even like football. As they had no reason to arrest me they let me go, I know I should have complained, but naturally I was intimidated by now.

Earlier this year I was assaulted by a motorist. the police were very quick on the scene - I got taken to hospital and the motorycle cop drove round to try to find the culprit. I ahd two witnesses. I was told - last thing before going off in the ambulance - that they would interview the man and get back to me. That was in June. I have heard nothing since, nor do I have a reference number for following it up. I was off work for two days and had t have dental treatment. this guy hasn't even had a warning.

So I have a very low opinion indeed of the police - though I'm sure the Met are worse than other forces.
    SamWise72 wrote:
    Is it because I mostly cycle in central London?

Yes

I mainly cycle in outer boroughs. If I ever gate a day with no abuse at all (unprovoked) it's probably because I didn't cycle and got the bus instead having been ground down the previous day by the levels of unprovoked abuse.
    Hello! I've been here over a month now.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Tonymufc wrote:
    If only we had a forum member who was not only copper, but a cyclist as well. He/she could then give us some insight into planet plod when a cyclist makes a complaint. Hmmmm........

If I were him, I'd steer well clear of this lots bitching a whining
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • There was a shocking case in Cambridge where a cyclist was rear ended then assaulted by the driver and the cops did nothing.

I don't know if it's institutional but the police completely mucked up the Rhyll cyclists' deaths investigation- they declared the driver innocent at the scene then failed to prosecute in the allowable timescale so the driver got a couple of hundred quid fine after killing three people.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    There was a shocking case in Cambridge where a cyclist was rear ended then assaulted by the driver and the cops did nothing.

Violence against cyclists in Cambridge is VERY common.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

I wouldn't expect him to answer for the Met Police anyway
  • http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... readers.do

Mr Kelly said

: "What has finally happened has been utterly remarkable." He said it was like being caught up in a "Kafka-esque nightmare". "I was strangled until I was unconscious in Oxford Street and the result was I was handcuffed and arrested."
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Porgy said....

So why did you change your name Porgy?
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

Neither would I, however there were some posts that referred to the police in a general sense.
  • My witness testified that on three separate occasions he attempted to explain and give his details to the arresting officer but was dismissed each time. This same arresting officer assured me, in his squad car and later at the police station, that he had taken the details of that witness.

Two months later, when that same officer informed me I was being charged for assault, I was horrified to discover the police had no record at all of my witness. My arresting officer denied that he had ever spoken to me about the witness and then suggested the witness was a figment of my imagination.

Not only did that witness exist, but he was so moved by what he had experienced that he wrote detailed notes of the whole incident and the following day went to his local police station to report his grievance and put himself forward as a witness.

For whatever reason, that police station did not forward those details onto the investigation. Thankfully their inaction didn’t prove costly, and his damning evidence and testimony were crucial in proving my innocence. As was the other witness, an Oxford Street shop manager, returning to work at the time, who saw the whole incident. I cannot thank them both enough.

http://road.cc/content/news/25146-londo ... ed-assault
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Tonymufc wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

Neither would I, however there were some posts that referred to the police in a general sense.

There ARE a bunch of cops on the Road section of Bike Radar but they tend to stay out of debates like this!

My experiences with the police have been limited. After my accident almost a year ago, the police were pretty good. They came to the scene of the accident and took witness statements etc and gave me the phone number of the driver. They didn't prosecute the driver, they sent him on a driver alertness course, however they asked me what I wanted to see happen to the diver - there were a number of options, 1 was prosecute, another was nothing and an other was send him on a course, I ticked the last one.

They were, however useless and bordering on rude when I was hit by a stone thrown by a chav from the side of the road. The stone bounced off my helmet leaving a nice dent. It it had hit my face it would have been pretty nasty. I cycled home and wasn't going to do anything but then I thought I would report it in case they needed the info for their records or for future action or whatever. I didn't phone 999, I called the general Met Police number and the woman on the line said there was "nothing they could do", I told her that I didn't want them to do anything particularly and was only phoning to let them know. She seemed more upset that I didn't know the EXACT postcode of the location of the occurence (I had no idea, it was mid commute somewhere in Bermondsey) and took longer to tell me off for this oversight than asking me about the actually crime itself. I don't think she was actually a police officer though, just some Met phone jockey.

I also resent that, in my view, they pay a disproportionate amount of attention to catching law breaking cyclists and less attention to law breaking drivers, seemingly in response to retired and unemployed residents who attend community meetings in the middle of the day.

I understand that they have a tough job to do and that they have less interest in "lesser" crime in general but I do wonder as someone else pointed out if they shouldn't at least take some interest and how many people involved in lesser crime and are ignored, later go on to commit something nastier...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • W1
    My witness testified that on three separate occasions he attempted to explain and give his details to the arresting officer but was dismissed each time. This same arresting officer assured me, in his squad car and later at the police station, that he had taken the details of that witness.

Two months later, when that same officer informed me I was being charged for assault, I was horrified to discover the police had no record at all of my witness. My arresting officer denied that he had ever spoken to me about the witness and then suggested the witness was a figment of my imagination.

Not only did that witness exist, but he was so moved by what he had experienced that he wrote detailed notes of the whole incident and the following day went to his local police station to report his grievance and put himself forward as a witness.

For whatever reason, that police station did not forward those details onto the investigation. Thankfully their inaction didn’t prove costly, and his damning evidence and testimony were crucial in proving my innocence. As was the other witness, an Oxford Street shop manager, returning to work at the time, who saw the whole incident. I cannot thank them both enough.

You really ought to make it clear that you are quoting this extract - not that it's your own words.
  • W1
    I also resent that, in my view, they pay a disproportionate amount of attention to catching law breaking cyclists and less attention to law breaking drivers, seemingly in response to retired and unemployed residents who attend community meetings in the middle of the day.

I understand that they have a tough job to do and that they have less interest in "lesser" crime in general but I do wonder as someone else pointed out if they shouldn't at least take some interest and how many people involved in lesser crime and are ignored, later go on to commit something nastier...

Maybe the latter point is the reason for the former....!
  • Tonymufc wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:

There ARE a bunch of cops on the Road section of Bike Radar but they tend to stay out of debates like this!

My experiences with the police have been limited. After my accident almost a year ago, the police were pretty good. They came to the scene of the accident and took witness statements etc and gave me the phone number of the driver. They didn't prosecute the driver, they sent him on a driver alertness course, however they asked me what I wanted to see happen to the diver - there were a number of options, 1 was prosecute, another was nothing and an other was send him on a course, I ticked the last one.

They were, however useless and bordering on rude when I was hit by a stone thrown by a chav from the side of the road. The stone bounced off my helmet leaving a nice dent. It it had hit my face it would have been pretty nasty. I cycled home and wasn't going to do anything but then I thought I would report it in case they needed the info for their records or for future action or whatever. I didn't phone 999, I called the general Met Police number and the woman on the line said there was "nothing they could do", I told her that I didn't want them to do anything particularly and was only phoning to let them know. She seemed more upset that I didn't know the EXACT postcode of the location of the occurence (I had no idea, it was mid commute somewhere in Bermondsey) and took longer to tell me off for this oversight than asking me about the actually crime itself. I don't think she was actually a police officer though, just some Met phone jockey.

When I reported the Ideal Scaffolding lorry I repeated the reg down the phone.

Silence.

"Did you get that?"

I asked.

"Haven't you got a pen?" she asked.
  • W1 wrote:
    Porgy said....

I don't know what you're talking about :?
  • http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... at+police/ article.do

The parents of a student killed while cycling are set to launch a private legal battle after claiming police failed to investigate his death properly.

Vinnie Carta, 21, from Enfield, a third-year physics student at Cambridge University, was in collision with a car near his student digs as he rode to his part-time job as a children's maths tutor last November.

He suffered massive head injuries, even though he was wearing a helmet, and died in hospital the following day, with his parents at his bedside.

No charges were brought against the driver, who was found to have been doing 48mph inside a 60mph zone, and an inquest recorded a narrative verdict that Vinnie's death was an accident.

But his parents, John, 51, and Anthea, 49, believe police and prosecutors accepted the driver's account of events without carrying out a thorough investigation or appealing widely enough for witnesses.

They have employed a crash investigator to re-examine what happened and if he finds they could have a case are considering bringing a private prosecution against the driver.

Mr Carta, a bus safety examiner, said: "Vinnie was an experienced cyclist. He was on his new bike, wearing a helmet and reflective clothing. He was on a well-lit route, which he took all the time. He knew what he was doing.

"The driver has changed his story several times. We think he was in a rush to get home, thinking he was coming up to a 60mph road, and just didn't pay attention to the road. Vinnie was flipped in the air and landed on the car.

"We're not looking for revenge. We're not vindictive. We just want the law to be applied. The police should have put up witness appeal boards but they said that could cause more accidents."
  • Interesting observations there about the amount of aggravation I get during the course of a week. I have worried about this for a while, see http://thecyclingsilk.blogspot.com/2010 ... ssion.html
    I assure you I do not go looking for it - it comes to me. I have quite a long commute at nearly 30 miles. Poor driving appears all the way but the aggression seems to be concentrated in a 7 mile range between Staines and Hounslow, an area where there are not many cyclists on the roads. Otherwise there are a few mouthy cab drivers but not quite to the extent of threatening violence.
    I do, as it happens, wear lycra!
    You're spot on in the observation of how motorists behaviour changes so much going from central to outer London. Certain outer Boroughs, where few people cycle, are particularly bad - I know from when I cycle up to the circuit races at Hillingdon that the roads are more threatening than central London.

Having seen your blog and videos, I certainly wouldn't criticise your cycling - you only take primary where its necessary, and to not do so would more end up putting yourself at more risk from being knocked off. I've always taken the view that being safe and good road positioning comes over worrying about getting hooted at.

When you receive outright agression though, well in that case the police should take more interest. Reading the criticisms posted by others, its clear that there is a certain view amongst many police officers that cyclists 'only have themselves to blame'. That, however, as in any organisation, is driven by the culture generated by management, and is something that could (and should be changed).

There are a lot of police officers out there who do pride themselves in doing what they can for cyclists. They need to be held out as the example for how the force should behave. Examples include:
    City Cycle Cop - http://twitter.com/Citycyclecop
    Hackney Cycle Crime Unit - http://www.lfgss.com/thread53274.html
  • My witness testified that on three separate occasions he attempted to explain and give his details to the arresting officer but was dismissed each time. This same arresting officer assured me, in his squad car and later at the police station, that he had taken the details of that witness.

It does seem to be Met police policy - always arrest the cyclist.

The time I was threatened with arrest for "criminal damage" after a van had repeatedly tried to pass me in the bus lane at 8.30 am - bus lane in force - couldn't pass me - I was going about 20 - 25 mph - so they tried abusing me, riding on my tail, beeping horn, shouting abuse at me throught he passenger window - finally after a couple of dangerous attempts to overtake me which first nearly caused them to collide with a car, and the second that nearly took me out I saw a copper on a bike and called him over. He was a nice guy and had seen some of what had happened - stopped the van - but was out of his jurisdiction - parks police, unfortunately. He called for more cops and they soon arrived, he took off.

These new cops were unpleasant from the start. One came over and asked if I intended to press charges. I said yes. He said that if I insisted on pressing charges then they would have to arrest me for criminal damages. Then he pointed to a dent in this vehicle which was covered in dents and clearly not one of them was new - all rusty and dirty. this was clearly always going to be these blokes' get out clause. they could get away with harrassing any number of cyclists and always be able to point to their dent.

I had to get to work, had no time for being arrested, so dropped the charges. Meanwhile the blokes looked smugly at me as they got into their van.
  • W1
    W1 wrote:
    Porgy said....

You seem to share an astonishing number of similarities to this chap, don't you think?:
    Porgy wrote:
    Well I've been held, moved on or warned for tresspass, taking part in an illegally organised demo, suspicion of intent to breach of the peace, suspicion of criminal damage, breach of the peace, causing an obstruction while giving out leaflets on an unusally wide pavement on a Sunday afternoon, swearing (i said f*ck once), covering my face while being video camera'd, not moving on when asked, standing on the road, going through a red light on a bike, not going through a red light on a bike, being stopped on a yellow grid on a bike when being told to move there by a diffeent ossifer, etc etc. - and that's just for starters. So what does this right to protest amount to really? - I contend that breaking the law is a natural part of an effective demo.
    Over the last 25 years I've lost count of the number of interactions I've had with the Met police. without actually ever breaking the law I've been threatened with arrest on at least three occasions. One for reporting a van in a bus lane who tried to run me off the road, and I ended up accused, falsely of causign criminal damage; the next for trying to persuade a motorist blocking a busy bike lane to move two feet to the right, I was threatened with arrst for obstruction - ironic - and the driver was not even spoken to; another for reporting a man who ran through a zebra crossing nearly running me down (I was on foot) - the policeman told me he had better things to do and grabbed my by the collar and told me to "fu.ck off" or he'd arrest me, and then shook me and let go; and the last was on critical mass when a policeman told me to go through a red light or he'd arrest me, so I did and the next policeman I saw tried to arrest me for going through the red light - he pushed me off my bike, grabbed me and told me I was under arrest, then appeared to foget about me and wandered off.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    W1, your google-fu is strong
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • W1 wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    Porgy said....

You seem to share an astonishing number of similarities to this chap, don't you think?:
    Porgy wrote:
    Well I've been held, moved on or warned for tresspass, taking part in an illegally organised demo, suspicion of intent to breach of the peace, suspicion of criminal damage, breach of the peace, causing an obstruction while giving out leaflets on an unusally wide pavement on a Sunday afternoon, swearing (i said f*ck once), covering my face while being video camera'd, not moving on when asked, standing on the road, going through a red light on a bike, not going through a red light on a bike, being stopped on a yellow grid on a bike when being told to move there by a diffeent ossifer, etc etc. - and that's just for starters. So what does this right to protest amount to really? - I contend that breaking the law is a natural part of an effective demo.
    Over the last 25 years I've lost count of the number of interactions I've had with the Met police. without actually ever breaking the law I've been threatened with arrest on at least three occasions. One for reporting a van in a bus lane who tried to run me off the road, and I ended up accused, falsely of causign criminal damage; the next for trying to persuade a motorist blocking a busy bike lane to move two feet to the right, I was threatened with arrst for obstruction - ironic - and the driver was not even spoken to; another for reporting a man who ran through a zebra crossing nearly running me down (I was on foot) - the policeman told me he had better things to do and grabbed my by the collar and told me to "fu.ck off" or he'd arrest me, and then shook me and let go; and the last was on critical mass when a policeman told me to go through a red light or he'd arrest me, so I did and the next policeman I saw tried to arrest me for going through the red light - he pushed me off my bike, grabbed me and told me I was under arrest, then appeared to foget about me and wandered off.

i've never protested, unless you count critical mass.
  • Funny you mention Critical Mass, at the Bristol version a cyclist saw a Mondeo drive into a cyclist. He blocked the car's exit, got arrested by cops who ignored the motorist and witnesses. The motorist got away, the cyclist had the case against him thrown out.
  • JonGinge wrote:

See the thread about the tube strikes......... :lol:
  • W1
    JonGinge wrote:

Ahem. Yes, it was LiT's idea. Well done LiT. But I'm the techno-phobe who had to search through pages and pages of my own drivel to find the quote...

You mean I could have googled it?!
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    My witness testified that on three separate occasions he attempted to explain and give his details to the arresting officer but was dismissed each time. This same arresting officer assured me, in his squad car and later at the police station, that he had taken the details of that witness.

It does seem to be Met police policy - always arrest the cyclist.

The time I was threatened with arrest for "criminal damage" after a van had repeatedly tried to pass me in the bus lane at 8.30 am - bus lane in force - couldn't pass me - I was going about 20 - 25 mph - so they tried abusing me, riding on my tail, beeping horn, shouting abuse at me throught he passenger window - finally after a couple of dangerous attempts to overtake me which first nearly caused them to collide with a car, and the second that nearly took me out I saw a copper on a bike and called him over. He was a nice guy and had seen some of what had happened - stopped the van - but was out of his jurisdiction - parks police, unfortunately. He called for more cops and they soon arrived, he took off.

These new cops were unpleasant from the start. One came over and asked if I intended to press charges. I said yes. He said that if I insisted on pressing charges then they would have to arrest me for criminal damages. Then he pointed to a dent in this vehicle which was covered in dents and clearly not one of them was new - all rusty and dirty. this was clearly always going to be these blokes' get out clause. they could get away with harrassing any number of cyclists and always be able to point to their dent.

I had to get to work, had no time for being arrested, so dropped the charges. Meanwhile the blokes looked smugly at me as they got into their van.

If indeed your account is reliable which I have no reason to doubt it is, the conduct of the police officers you describe was disgraceful. They bring the police service into disrepute.

Sadly Cambs police are no different. About 2 years ago I was cycling along a cycle lane ON THE ROAD. Toward me were walking a group of youths/school kids 4 abreast, 3 on the pavement one in the cycle lane. I rang my bell several times but the guy refused to move out the cycle lane. There was traffic passing me so I looked behind as I moved out to pass this guy but as I did so he barged me off sending me flying into the middle of the road narrowly missing a car. They ran off but like a flash prior to the pain kicking in I jumped out of the middle of the road and grabbed this guy trying to restrain him so he didn't get away and hoping I could get some one to call the police. Unfortunately he got away but 30 seconds later a plod car came around the corner as I was picking up my bike and I beckoned to them to stop. They went after the kids, came back about 10 minutes later with an account of what had happened from the youths and their own prejudices against cyclists. They wanted my side of the story so I told them the guy had barged me into passing traffic. They didn't seem to give a toss about me despite my hand being cut up and my elbow and right hip badly bruised plus my handlebars, levers and pedals scraped. They told me that if I wanted them to press charges against the youths/school kids then they would arrest me for assault!!!! WTF!!!! I told them tthere were two CCTV cameras pointing at us which would have captured the whole incident. They looked nervous then said they would arrange to view the footage. They NEVER did. Before I went on my way the male officer (fat) vigorously squeezed my right arm to see he said, if it was broken - ARGHHHHHHHHH! Fortunately it wasn't but that didn't stop him causing me even more pain - bastard! They then said they could take me and bike home in a police van - no chance I would take my chances on my own. Over the next few weeks some large juicy bruises matured on my arm and right side. They were pretty painful. I called the police several times about the incident and what they were doing about viewing the CCTV. Nothing it would appear. Every time I was fobbed off until I was told by one WPC the matter was closed!!!! In the end I paid £15 to the local Council to view the CCTV footage myself. Unfortunately the cameras weren't pointing in the direction showing the scrote barging me off. All in all the police were absolutely crap. Presumably the scrote who barged me off is still going around bullying and knocking off cyclists or has graduated to more serious crime.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    W1 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Ahem. Yes, it was LiT's idea. Well done LiT. But I'm the techno-phobe who had to search through pages and pages of my own drivel to find the quote...

Electric Blue's contribution to the song title earlier today was Blowin' In The Wind - Bob Dylan. Porgy's favourite music, according to his blog - Bob Dylan.

We report, you decide.

(Having said that, Porgy seemed slightly more eloquent, if equally mis-informed.)
    Rules are for fools.
  • W1
    Waddlie wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:

Electric Blue's contribution to the song title earlier today was Blowin' In The Wind - Bob Dylan. Porgy's favourite music, according to his blog - Bob Dylan.

We report, you decide.

(Having said that, Porgy seemed slightly more eloquent, if equally mis-informed.)

Porgy had a blog?! I feel my life is somehow incomplete.

I've never seen them in the same room together [scratches Jimmy Hill chin]
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    More circumstantial evidence, your honour. E_B gets abuse in Woolwich, Welling and Bexleyheath.

Where does Porgy live? Welling.

E_B is also fond of mentioning David Bowie on BR, another of Porgy's faves.

Oh, and Johnny Cash.

...and Elvis Costello...

So. Union-sympathising, police-hating railway workers with identical music taste, and a particular unfondness for Greg66. Hmmm.
    Rules are for fools.