Team Sky the right team for Cav?

2»

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    But you're right, no train (a group of 20 or so fought out the finish).
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

They won more races (12) from bunch sprints than any team bar HTC

Are you suggesting they have a good train though? It looked like it in the TdU but later in the season less so.

I will admit not not watching the chippers they got sprint wins in.

I wasn't suggesting anything. I was just pointing out that Sky's sprint train, while misfiring at times, has also delivered the goods on several occasions.

I think when they have their A team out, they're very good, but just don't have a Cav or Farrar to finish it off.

So they're not HTC - the best sprint team I've ever seen - but they've done pretty well and shouldn't be slagged off as Rick C did.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Tusher wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    Yellow Peril- are you going to the dinner?
    I certainly am Tusher.

Enjoy! And take a notebook so you can come back here and tell us all about it.
    If Jonny Bellis is there, please send him very best wishes.

Tusher I just thought I'd let you know that Johnny got the biggest round of applause of the night. Max Sciandri was the guest of honour and a presentation was made by Johnny to Max for the part Max played in saving his life. In his acceptance speech Max in turn thanked Cav for the support that he gave in the months that Johnny was critically ill in hospital.

Although he does himself no favours, it's a pity that more people never get to know about that side of Cav.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    RichN95 wrote:
    [

So they're not HTC - the best sprint team I've ever seen - but they've done pretty well and shouldn't be slagged off as Rick C did.

Disagree - I think they've been below average.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Tusher wrote:
    Tusher wrote:
    Yellow Peril- are you going to the dinner?
    I certainly am Tusher.

Enjoy! And take a notebook so you can come back here and tell us all about it.
    If Jonny Bellis is there, please send him very best wishes.

Tusher I just thought I'd let you know that Johnny got the biggest round of applause of the night. Max Sciandri was the guest of honour and a presentation was made by Johnny to Max for the part Max played in saving his life. In his acceptance speech Max in turn thanked Cav for the support that he gave in the months that Johnny was critically ill in hospital.

Although he does himself no favours, it's a pity that more people never get to know about that side of Cav.

Many thanks, Yellow Peril. I hope you had a fantastic time, and yes, it is a shame the kind, gentle, thoughtful Cav isn't better known.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Yep - behind that brash uber-chav snarling exterior is a heart of gold.

Also read somewhere that, at the recent Braveheart dinner, when asked to sign an autograph for a sick kid, he insisted on giving him a signed jersey and calling the little boy personally to wish him well. That kind of stuff is nice to hear, especially as it seems spontanious/genuine, rather than contrived/cynical.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Yep - behind that brash uber-chav snarling exterior is a heart of gold.

Also read somewhere that, at the recent Braveheart dinner, when asked to sign an autograph for a sick kid, he insisted on giving him a signed jersey and calling the little boy personally to wish him well. That kind of stuff is nice to hear, especially as it seems spontanious/genuine, rather than contrived/cynical.

For the very brief moment I got to speak with him he came over very very genuine and down to earth.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Back to the OP
    Cav will do a Wiggo
    That is,he will go/stay where the best money is :wink:
    so many cols,so little time!
  • What about him going to BMC? or do you think they are more GC focused?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    as seen at the tour, cav is able to win with out a lead out. On any flat stage sprinters teams will chase down breaks etc, cav will still win at sky, he'll just need to put more effort in
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • as seen at the tour, cav is able to win with out a lead out. On any flat stage sprinters teams will chase down breaks etc, cav will still win at sky, he'll just need to put more effort in

I don't believe he would be able to win even one stage at the TdF with SKY. They simply are not for CAV, if he goes there it will be only for money.
    ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001

I don't believe he would be able to win even one stage at the TdF with SKY. They simply are not for CAV, if he goes there it will be only for money.

:shock: Seriously!
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,632
    Cav = Rooney (that fooseball bloke)

Wants salary increased to the 'market rate'. He'll stay.
    Rich