Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Curacao event

iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,774
edited October 2010 in Pro race
More names being released

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6172/ ... field.aspx

Now, I know what you're thinking "who cares, it's just a daft crit" but the truth is it's a reliable indicator of who will be bust for doping next year.

You'd think they'd learn by now.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

• PokerfacePokerface Posts: 8,640
    iainf72 wrote:
    ...the truth is it's a reliable indicator of who will be bust for doping next year.

How so?
  • iainf72iainf72 Posts: 15,774
    Have a look at who's been there previous years. And who's been photographed with young Sophie.

They all test positive for something the following year.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • KléberKléber Posts: 6,842
    Cause and correlation? Sadly most of the top names in a given year seem to get taken down or exposed with a coke habit.

Being mischievous, maybe the sort of guy willing to fly to the Caribbean for a silly criterium and pose with a dolphin or Miss Vliet in return for a briefcase of cash is the same sort of guy willing to employ banned methods?
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 9,470
    Kléber wrote:
    Being mischievous, maybe the sort of guy willing to fly to the Caribbean for a silly criterium and pose with a dolphin or Miss Vliet in return for a briefcase of cash is the same sort of guy willing to employ banned methods?

That's entirely unfair. I'd be entirely happy with the briefcase full of cash a trip to the Caribbean, posing with some lovelies and dolphins and the only drugs I don't cant be said to enhance performance.
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

@DrHeadgear

The Vikings are coming!
  • Dave_1Dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    More names being released

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/6172/ ... field.aspx

Now, I know what you're thinking "who cares, it's just a daft crit" but the truth is it's a reliable indicator of who will be bust for doping next year.

You'd think they'd learn by now.

or of how much free time people have
  • timoid.timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Kléber wrote:
    Cause and correlation? Sadly most of the top names in a given year seem to get taken down or exposed with a coke habit.

Seriously if someone came up to you and said they'd give you a sackful of cash to fly to the Carribean, cycle your bike and grab the lovely Miss Vliet you'd say no?

Are you mad?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.