Servus Leute!

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited October 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings people! Top o the mornin to ya!

National holiday today here, so filled with cleaning the flat in the morning, then just gonna tough out a ride in the afternoon even though weather is absolute poo. Then some meh after that.

What's the plan batman?

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Today will be filled with an extra long journey to a customers site and saying the same as i always do, that was a wasted trip.
    hopefully riding tonight assuming it doesnt piss down and my brother blows out?
    i havent ridden now in almost a month!!!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    At work now with very little to do. Got my Surefire batteries on charge at the side of me and hoping they are fully charged by about 12 o'clock, because I'm finishing early, going to the dentist (boo) then off out on my bike (yay).
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    in the office today for a day or sorting stuff out from my 3 weeks of mayhem. i should be a nice easy day apart from the fact i've been awake since 3.42am exactly with the baby crying, so i'm cream crackered
  • Boy Lard
    Bad luck on the baby front. It was the other way round with mine, was up till about 1.30am. Even then she only slept for about 4 hours. Teething, arrgghhh.
  • Looks like I'm spending the day stuck in the house waiting for my forks to arrive.

It's a horrible day out there. Gale force winds and heavy rain. Which means the kids are stuck in the house. Going to watch "Up" (again), and by the time it finishes, hopefully my forks should have "SQUIRREL!"...... arrived and I can take the kids swimming or something.
  • Boy Lard
    It's funny you mentioned Up and "SQUIRREL". I love that film. My wife says that when I'm driving, or walking, or anything really, and I see someone on a bike, I'm just like the dogs from Up and squirrels, so now everytime my daughter or my wife see a bike, they shout squirrel.

This was all well and good till they were walking up to school the other day and my little girl started saying "Mummy, wait, wait, wait......SQUIRREL", which she screamed at a passing cyclist who nearly fell off.

My wife apologised and explained, the guy thought it was funny, thankfully.
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    Just spent half hour on the phone to talk mobile trying to get my phone to receive text messages. I've got to say they have some pretty good customer service :D

Now i have to do lots of housework, the parents are coming home from holiday today adn they will be pissed if they come home to the mess i've made :lol:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Today I am filled to the brim with meh! Been to see the vampires and have blood taken, which pretty much wipes me out for the day. Also breakfast has had to consist of 'healthy' stuffs, nooooo bacon. :cry:

Still, I did manage to collect my FREEEEEEEE Lego this morning, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Not sure what the rest of the day will entail, but can't see me doing too much that involves any effort.
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    MY DAY

- Off work
    - Got up
    - done 45 min on the turbo trainer
    - eaten breakfast
    - going for a shower
    - got to do jobs the wife has left for me whilst she's at work
    - will then play PS3 COD MW2 until she comes home
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Goooooood Morning

Gonna do last minute shopping today, then pack my case.

Two more sleeps til Florida! :)
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I am le tired.

Done an hour at uni, and I'm now at home trying to summon the motivation to do my assessed problem sheets. It's a motivation which is difficult to summon.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Woke up, wished I hadn't. Showered, bit better. Ironed shirt, boring. Nose bleed. Annoying. Breakfast, meh. Drive to work, tunes on stereo cheered me up (Talking Heads). Got to work, wished I hadn't bothered.

Try and make it through 6 hours more then home, gym for a spin class, home, sleep the sleep of the dead. Do it all again.

I do however have this day and 22.5 hours left of work before I finish then I have 5 days messing round, 5 days visiting parents, 5 days seeing friends then a flight to Canada and the start of the ski season. Bring it!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • DJIP
    DJIP Posts: 1,724
    I was meant to be going to the MArin trail today but it's raining :(
    Little Purple Patriot :D
  • Still waiting for DHL

ghey!

I'm going to have to d-lock the cnuts if they don't arrive soon!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Work is full of meh today, as usual there is no heating so it's like the artic in here and it's peeing it down outside :(

On the plus side my TA specialites chianrings and kcnc bolts turned up this morning, and then on Friday its payday, so I can spend even more money on bits for a frame I don't have yet :lol: I'm thinking wheels and brakes next :D

Also properly lookin forward to a weekend hittin dalby forest, will be interesting to see how it compares to the fort bill wc xc course .....
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    DJIP wrote:

MTFU. a bit of rain never killed anyone.......

oh wait, it probably has in floods and all :oops: :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    DJIP wrote:
    dont worry its still open in the rain, and the wheels still turn in the rain? MTFU
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Took kids to London yesterday (Science Museum) wish I'd gone today as the weather is pish.
    Dropping daughter back to her mum's tonight and taking lad to Cannock tomorrow, I hope the weather clears up a bit.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Right, fark it! I'm going to go up to DHL. My package is now marked as "arrived at depot". I've spoken to customer services and they say this means they've got it, but it'llnot be delivered until tomorrow. So I'm now going to make the 50mile round trip and pick the bIoody things up myself.

Utter fcuknuggets they are! Will continue using Parcelforce from now on.

Ghey, ghey, ghey, ghey!!!

*mutters*
  • VWsurfbum
    Don't forget your d lock!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    edited October 2010
    Right, fark it! I'm going to go up to Druggies Hobos and Losers

make sure you wash your hands afterwards.

oh and only a 4 hour meeting of meh-filled boringness before 2 days off work
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    DJIP wrote:
    MTFU
    welshkev wrote:
    MTFU.

Shouldn't that be WTFU? :wink:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    DJIP wrote:

I love the Marin in the rain, I know it's not the most technically thrilling trail but it brings back happy memories of going to Betws and the gwydir forest as a youngster and trying different outdoor pursuits. The view at the end of the first climb gets me every time

I however am still down the other end in Milford Haven and the cloud has closed in, it's drizzly and grey, my favourite riding weather. I wish I'd brought a bike with me but instead it's off to Harford for a nose around.

Went to anna Ryder-richardsons zoo yesterday which was cool
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Boredom today,

With the fun of running out of work exactly at 5 and not caring :p
  • Right, fark it! I'm going to go up to DHL. My package is now marked as "arrived at depot". I've spoken to customer services and they say this means they've got it, but it'llnot be delivered until tomorrow. So I'm now going to make the 50mile round trip and pick the bIoody things up myself.

*mutters*

All shipping companies are poo. I hate them, just buy from a shop or something cause their easier in the end.
  • VWsurfbum
    I just been to order my new bike!
    Long story short, I haven't ordered it as they would only offer 5% off a 3k bike is this normal??? I wanted at least 10% off? Am I being unreasonable?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Right, fark it! I'm going to go up to DHL. My package is now marked as "arrived at depot". I've spoken to customer services and they say this means they've got it, but it'llnot be delivered until tomorrow. So I'm now going to make the 50mile round trip and pick the bIoody things up myself.

*mutters*

Please tell me you've bought a decent fork*, to at least make it worth it?!

*Magura Thor
    :wink:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • lawman
    joshtp wrote:
    Right, fark it! I'm going to go up to DHL. My package is now marked as "arrived at depot". I've spoken to customer services and they say this means they've got it, but it'llnot be delivered until tomorrow. So I'm now going to make the 50mile round trip and pick the bIoody things up myself.

*mutters*

*Magura Thor

he's bought a fox 32 float 150 rlc qr15 from the wonderful spectrum sport :wink:
  • lawman
    and on a slightly less biased note, i just weighed my chainrings and kcnc bolts, you know just for laughs, and the whole lot came out at 60grams :shock: for a 38 and 24t chainrings and 4 bolts, thats strikes me as bloody impressive :D
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    lawman wrote:
    joshtp wrote:

*mutters*

*Magura Thor

he's bought a fox 32 float 150 rlc qr15 from the wonderful spectrum sport :wink:

Should have got something good * instead.

*Magura Thor

:lol:
    I like bikes and stuff