Chinny (Cancellara) next year

2»

Comments

• Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    So Fabian's now said he's putting off LBL for a year or two as Leopard Trek need to secure some wins as it's a new team and he's going to be doing a simlar year to last year in terms of classics. Do you think we're gonna see him anhialating everyone on the cobbles again on his motor bike?

I'd like to see hincapie win PR, simply cos I feel sorry for him, he'll just be known as the guy who never won roubaix if he doesn't win this year. Hows Boonens form going to be? Hushovd? Tbh I was quite looking forward to cancellara not racing the cobbles cos if it's anything like last year it'd be more exciting I think.

As long as Farrar doesn't win Flanders, I'm yet to forgive him for that f'king glasses advert in the summer. If I had a pound for ev...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Will.C wrote:
    So Fabian's now said he's putting off LBL for a year or two as Leopard Trek need to secure some wins as it's a new team and he's going to be doing a simlar year to last year in terms of classics.

GUTTED
  • Will.C wrote:
    So Fabian's now said he's putting off LBL for a year or two as Leopard Trek need to secure some wins as it's a new team and he's going to be doing a simlar year to last year in terms of classics.

GUTTED

+1

Unfortunately you could see this happening as soon as he signed for this team.

WC RR seems to be the big goal for this year. Might be worth a punt already.
  • rick_chasey
    Will.C wrote:

GUTTED

+1

No no, the flanders spectacle will be much better with the Chinster. It's more, as a Boonen fan, I feel I could do without the unbeatable competition.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,796
    thats a shame.... was looking forward to see how he went on hills
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Cant see Leopard letting their talisman in the classics miss those two races in their first year...
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Will.C wrote:
    So Fabian's now said he's putting off LBL for a year or two as Leopard Trek need to secure some wins as it's a new team and he's going to be doing a simlar year to last year in terms of classics. Do you think we're gonna see him anhialating everyone on the cobbles again on his motor bike?

I'd like to see hincapie win PR, simply cos I feel sorry for him, he'll just be known as the guy who never won roubaix if he doesn't win this year. Hows Boonens form going to be? Hushovd? Tbh I was quite looking forward to cancellara not racing the cobbles cos if it's anything like last year it'd be more exciting I think.

As long as Farrar doesn't win Flanders, I'm yet to forgive him for that f'king glasses advert in the summer. If I had a pound for ev...

I think that particular train has left the platform for Big George.......he hasn't really played a significant role in the race for some years. Whilst Chinny remains favourite, if it is one of his main targets, he'll face very stiff competition this year with Garmin and Rabobank having big strength in depth. Garmin-Cervelo could potentially have a Roubaix team including Hushovd, Farrar, Hammond, Klier, Maaksant, Van Summeren, Haussler..............
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    I read somewhere - can't recall where - that Trek are prepping a competitor to the Tarmac, so presumably they also want Spartacus to showcase that on t'cobbles.
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • rick_chasey
    patchy wrote:
    I read somewhere - can't recall where - that Trek are prepping a competitor to the Tarmac, so presumably they also want Spartacus to showcase that on t'cobbles.

It was on bikeradar probably!

I think trek realised the mileage spesh got out of having Cancellara on their bike during Roubaix.

The main kit focus at Roubaix is tyres and pressures rather than the frame.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Will.C wrote:

GUTTED

+1

Hold on. Can he sprint now too?

Strava is not Zen.
  • rick_chasey
    calvjones wrote:
    Hold on. Can he sprint now too?

Is the World course tougher than Milan - San Remo?

I'm geuniely asking, not being rhetorical...
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    patchy wrote:

It was on bikeradar probably!

Haha so it was! I thought it was odd I couldn't find the article on velonews. :)
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell