You know when you're hooked on cycling to work when.........

2»

Comments

• Norky
    Norky Posts: 276
    seataltea wrote:
    You know that finishing at 3am or later is certain.

You drive to work with the bike on a rack 2hrs before you are due to start, then cycle home, have a cup of coffee, cycle back to work and put the bike back on the rack.

That way I have dealt with the guilt of driving to work and back but also get to travel home in the car at 3am and have commuted both ways :D

Your bicycle has lights does it not? I really don't get why you brought the car. The wee small hours of the morning are a lovely time to ride, so quiet and serene.
    The above is a post in a forum on the Intertubes, and should be taken with the appropriate amount of seriousness.
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    Norky wrote:
    seataltea wrote:
    You know that finishing at 3am or later is certain.

You drive to work with the bike on a rack 2hrs before you are due to start, then cycle home, have a cup of coffee, cycle back to work and put the bike back on the rack.

That way I have dealt with the guilt of driving to work and back but also get to travel home in the car at 3am and have commuted both ways :D

Your bicycle has lights does it not? I really don't get why you brought the car. The wee small hours of the morning are a lovely time to ride, so quiet and serene.

You are correct and on weeknights finishing on time or is rarely a problem, I can often be found on a towpath with over 2000 lumens blazing away during the early hours listening to an audiobook.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter