Head Turners

Comments

• Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Shotsaway wrote:
    cagebomb wrote:
    this would turn my head on the trails:

bike_chick_2.jpg

Looks like she forgot to put her helmet on!

I've got a helmet she can borrow...
  • Definitely no need for a seat upgrade and I imagine Lycra is acceptable in this case :wink:

Be nice to all cyclists - you may want to borrow a pump one day :-)
  • psymon wrote:
    ive wanted one of these forever, certainly would turn heads....

whyte-prst-4.jpg

That only turns heads so people don't puke on their own bars...

no the only
    reason that turns heads is so that people can work out where that horrific squeaking and creaking is coming from - used to be the enduro bike of choice at one point- I did a 100 K marathon with a guy in the same group who was riding one and I swear that bike did not shut up for the full 5 hours.

absolutely G_A_S_H
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    psymon wrote:
    if i passed that in a trail centre Id think, oh look another specialized.

+ 1
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I stopped at the Drop Off on Sunday at Afan and eyed up all the bikes on the deck. I was quite suprised mine was the only HT, people just dunno what they are missing but there were a lot of very nice looking rides there - the ones I remember were:

Pale blue Butcher belonging to a guy from Essex kind of direction, a bright orange frame 5, a bright green 5, black yeti with pink bits (girls bike - as in it belonged to a girl not that it is only ridden by girls) and there was an interesting looking carbon focus race thing which looked out of place in Afan but might have been a fun ride. There were a couple of 'Dales too but I didnt like them - they only attracted my eye because they looked better in a magazine than in real life.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    For me a head turner would be either a nice Lapierre or a Cube. Not very common and very nice looking.

Probably also include a Yeti 575

Whyte is probably the ultimate head turner but that is more of a "What the fuuuuu"

All just imho of course
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I was quite suprised mine was the only HT, people just dunno what they are missing
    HIPPY ALERT
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    jones space frame would certainly turn my head
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I'm not normally a show off and don't care what bikes I or people ride, or what people at trails centres think either, but there is a bike that currently has me frothing at the mouth and is what I would class as a 'head turner' if I was to turn up at my local trail centre on it, they would all be nudging each other and nodding in my direction...pssstt, cop that over that over there, more money than sense him. :D

And here she is, I give you Excalibur. I might even consider keeping this on in the bedroom if I was lucky enough to own her 8)

specialized-s-works-epic-fsr-carbon-2011-mountain-bike.jpg

Which bikes would you like or think you would turn heads with?

I've seen one in person, just a colour scheme....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • mr boos
    mr boos Posts: 40
    cagebomb wrote:

bike_chick_2.jpg
    FWOOOOOOOORR!!!!!!!!!!
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Shotsaway wrote:
    cagebomb wrote:

bike_chick_2.jpg

Looks like she forgot to put her helmet on!

Hadn't noticed
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    njee20 wrote:
    like Fords they are affordable, handle really well and have a great spec for the money

That 2011 S-Works is £6300, not exactly affordable to most folk, in fact there are probably only a couple of more expensive bikes on here! You could build it up for comparable money too, if not cheaper, so arguably not great for the money either.

They're investing more in R&D than any of the niche brands, which is what you're paying for, rather than the smaller production numbers. They're not exactly unusual though it has to be said!

The indignity. Hey everyone look at my £6300 bike!!!! Oh look. Another Specialized! zzzzzzzzzz
  • I've seen plenty of bikes which would make you turn your head, usually it's because of the rider though...

I was chatting to a guy with a fully pimped out Five in white, he was decked out in full face helmet, elbow and knee pads - the works. He'd been along the local tow paths for a couple of hours. :lol::lol:

Then I've seen a guy ride a fully rigid Saracen with a rack around CC, no one could catch him it was awesome to see. :shock:

There are some uber bikes around at the moment though. Love my makes new Ellsworth Enlightenment - even if it is a clown bike.

Niner Air Carbon - another clown bike.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    What's a clown bike?
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    What's a clown bike?

good point?
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    fixedgear1.jpg

good old Google :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    cooldad wrote:
    Is it made out of toothpaste?
    :lol:
    Thoes Whyte PRST1's look amazing like some kind of forth rail bridge of fork design
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    specialized-s-works-epic-fsr-carbon-2011-mountain-bike.jpg

Which bikes would you like or think you would turn heads with?[/quote]

full38746.jpg

tell me passing these on a trail you wouldnt think they were of similar level.

btw second one is £1199
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Their colour palette is a little small this year, all 2011 bikes:

Hardrock Disc:
    specialized-hardrock-disc-mountain-bike-white-red-59288.jpg

Hardrock Pro:
    Hardrock.Pro.Disc.2011.jpg

Rockhopper:
    specialized-rockhopper-mountain-bike-white-red-59282.jpg

Stupid!
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    its coz red goes fastest.

all credit to em tho.
    some of the cheapest bikes in their range look as good as something 5 times the price.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Or vice versa?

The S-Works is nearly 20 times the price of the Hardrock. I don't think it looks expensive.
  • What's a clown bike?

JL got it. :lol::lol::lol:

It's my pet name for all thing 29er. Some one I know built herself a frame (really) she's very small and I think it looks like a clown bike. I think they look great if they're in relative proportion.
  • cagebomb wrote:

bike_chick_2.jpg

Now you tell me! I could have saved £80, not bought mtb shoes and borrowed my wife's platform sandals. That would have given me some useful clearance too!
  • If i'd spent that much on a bike i'd want it to actually look special.
  • hammy7272
    hammy7272 Posts: 236
    What a superb thread.....long may it continue.
  • hammy7272
    hammy7272 Posts: 236
    Imagine what Mental Mickey would do if he saw that girl in the modest thong riding that specialized!? :shock:
  • weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    hammy7272 wrote:
    Imagine what Mental Mickey would do if he saw that girl in the modest thong riding that specialized!? :shock:

Modest thong? As opposed to a prude thong?

Probably say: Oh look there goes another model in a thong, zzzzzzzz.
  • Shotsaway
    Shotsaway Posts: 175
    Another similar looking bike
    specialized-epic-fsr-comp-2010-mountain-bike.jpg
    2010 Epic Comp
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    What's a clown bike?

It's my pet name for all thing 29er. Some one I know built herself a frame (really) she's very small and I think it looks like a clown bike. I think they look great if they're in relative proportion.

Yer i call my 29er a clown bike esp as is got a small frame and that can make them look outa proportion ! I'm only 5'7 and my mates do like to take the p#ss their favorite seems to be "hey look Mark's nicked his dads bike again" even though I'm 42 :twisted:
    Still say its a nice looking bike though just because its a 'bit' Different ?

p4pb5067903.jpg
  • Mark_K
    Mark_K Posts: 666
    Mark_K wrote:
    What's a clown bike?

Yer i call my 29er a clown bike esp as is got a small frame and that can make them look outa proportion ! I'm only 5'7 and my mates do like to take the p#ss their favorite seems to be "hey look Mark's nicked his dads bike again" even though I'm 42 :twisted:
    Still say its a nice looking bike though just because its a 'bit' Different and i find 29ers do tend to get a lot off interest out on the trails still ?

p4pb5067903.jpg