Olympic Ticket Prices are out

2»

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Tusher wrote:
    I've just worked out how much the Tusher Family are likely to be spending during a fortnight in London to watch the Olympics.

As long as the children can survive on water, a handful of raisins and one banana a day, it's topping £3K. (includes getting the sleeper down)

And that's not including the beach volleyball that hubby considers to be one of the highlights of the event. £3K would pay for the largest super high tech TV set, and a fortnight of carry-out meals.

You can watch the road cycling for free if you stand along the course. Kids tickets are the same cost as their age.

And you can still have a once in a lifetime experience without going to see ALL the events and spending a full 2 weeks there. Just have to pick and chose carefully.

As for the opening ceremonies- yes, the cheap seats will be in the nosebleeds but as with many live events - it's all about 'being there'.

P.S. - the veledrome is actually relatively small and even a cheap set will afford a good view of the action - at least enough to appreciate what is going on. In some ways better than the lower seats as you can see the entire track.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Thanks Pokerface. Velodrome seats are a priority, and I want to get the best, but I would rather see the entire track.

Although I was also coming round to the 'Glasgow's miles better' way of thinking and wait until the next Commonwealth Games. But I'll be going to the Glasgow Games anyway.

Ho-hum.
  • Pokerface
    Tusher wrote:
    Thanks Pokerface. Velodrome seats are a priority, and I want to get the best, but I would rather see the entire track.

Hey - you can try and find out if Cav plans to do the Madison again and get the good seats for that event. :oops:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pokerface wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

Hey - you can try and find out if Cav plans to do the Madison again and get the good seats for that event. :oops:

No madison in the Olympics anymore.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Tusher wrote:

No madison in the Olympics anymore.

Of course. Forgot.

FYI, the velodrome only holds 6000 people. Which means all seats are decent seats - but there will be a shortage of them!