Di Luca

2»

Comments

• NJK
    NJK Posts: 194
    Pokerface wrote:
    I now fully expect Contador to get a one year ban. But it will be reduced by 9 months when he 'cooperates' with authorities. Therefore he will end up serving the 3 month ban that was originally proposed.

Agree. He will serve a small ban and be back for TDF next year, and didn't Di Luca serve a 3 month ban around 4 or 5 years ago? In the blink of an eye you get Ricco, Vino, Di Luca, Sella possibly Rebellin back in the mix.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    i've always felt this is the major problem with having national associations looking after their own athletes. Why ban him when he is the cash cow for the organisation and makes the nation look great on the world stage.

Once a positive is announced it should be handled by a independant body then this will be done fairly
  • shakey88
    shakey88 Posts: 289
    Pokerface wrote:
    I now fully expect Contador to get a one year ban. But it will be reduced by 9 months when he 'cooperates' with authorities. Therefore he will end up serving the 3 month ban that was originally proposed.

You actually think he will get a ban? How naive :wink:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Is there any possibility WADA can appeal to CAS over a crazy reduction like this?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dougzz wrote:
    Is there any possibility WADA can appeal to CAS over a crazy reduction like this?

It is possible, yes. And WADA do it from time to time, depending on the case.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Could be connected with this? Not sure why he'd tell police first though.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/torri-s ... in-cycling

'Torri is currently working with eight Italian police districts that are investigating doping cases and according to Gazzetta dello Sport, has recently been contacted by police about a ninth and much bigger investigation.'
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    "Perhaps the evidence Di Luca gave to the police was significant but we'll see," Zomegnan says. "But he knows he's going to get a punch in the stomach and sooner or later he'll get it. He was caught while he was winning the Giro d'Italia and we can't forget that.

"Di Luca is hoping to find a place in a ProTour team but ethics is one of the key requirements of every team's ProTour application. If the UCI gives a licence to teams that have riders who aren't ethically up to scratch, we'll see what we can do.

"It's hard for us because the rules aren't clear and they're changed too often. If you draw up as rule and then need three experts to decide how it works, that makes things messy.

"It's the same with the UCI's biological passports. For example if Pellizotti is cleared even on appeal to Court of Arbitration for Sport, Where does that leave the passport?

"The anti-doping programme costs 8.5 million Euro a season. That's a hell of a lot of money.”

When he talks about a 'punch' does he mean it literally or figuratively?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Zomegnen wrote:
    "Di Luca is hoping to find a place in a ProTour team but ethics is one of the key requirements of every team's ProTour application. If the UCI gives a licence to teams that have riders who aren't ethically up to scratch, we'll see what we can do.

Is he talking about the same sport as we all are?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    One thing that provides me with some comfort is that he'll be under Gianetti's wing.

:?
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Didn't David Miller fully cooprerate once he got caught and still served a full term ban?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Well, it *seems* he is now publicly sorry for his actions.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... takes.html
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Team Christina or Miche?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Pokerface wrote:
    Well, it *seems* he is now publicly sorry for his actions.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... takes.html

Based on his past I don't really think he believes any of that and is just saying that to help his return to the sport and help get back into a top team
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Alas, sincerity (genuine or not) has no place in the rule book and therefore, just like Millar and countless others before him, he's free to find another contract and ride.
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    A green light to the dopers, I wonder what the clean riders think, must make them want to pack it in surely.

Minimum 5 year ban for the rider and team manager and you can stick this cooperation c**p up the governing bodies principle orifice.

Di Luca is a classic case of.... as Harmon says " if someones going unbelievable well it is for a good reason unbelievable"
    ie. bent

I love the Giro but for this shyte. :twisted:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Ron Stuart wrote:
    A green light to the dopers, I wonder what the clean riders think, must make them want to pack it in surely.

Minimum 5 year ban for the rider and team manager and you can stick this cooperation c**p up the governing bodies principle orifice.

Di Luca is a classic case of.... as Harmon says " if someones going unbelievable well it is for a good reason unbelievable"
    ie. bent

I love the Giro but for this shyte. :twisted:

I too hark back to the good old days of clean Giros!

More seriously, Andy Schleck's performance in staying with a stupidly, obviously doped di Luca to get 2nd made me go 'erm...' long before brother Frank got caught out, Fuentes-wise.

Such a pity as Andy was my Giro PTP pick that year too.

Strava is not Zen.
  • http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7326/ ... ition.aspx

More than can be said of most riders.
    Contador is the Greatest