Tour Of Lombardy on Eurosport

fleshtuxedo
fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
edited October 2010 in Pro race
...appears to be only on Eurosport HD, and not on their SD channel. So I can't watch it. Bastards.

Comments

• andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Appears to be on International (analogue) live Saturday and highlights Sunday.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    on both

according to my V+ box
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Scrumple wrote:
    on both

according to my V+ box

+1

On the online Eurosport guide too

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/ 14:45
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    2.45pm 16 October, live on British Eurosport and HD. Of course, as this is Eurosport when you actually turn on it will probably be tennis or motorbikes but that is what the planner says at present.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    :oops: Sorry, I was looking at sunday :oops:
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Given there is live tennis just before it we'll just have to hope whoever is playing gets it over with in straight sets.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    We might get it as I read on Cycling news that it's starting 10 mins late as the riders are protesting.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Given there is live tennis just before
    You sure it's Live as it looks exactly the same as last week and before. :wink:

It could start earlier as this semi-final might finish in 2 sets. ??
    (but they are professionals to put on a "show" (for their fans) so I expect the usual 3 sets)
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    1 set each at the mo.

It aint ending in 10 minutes :(
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Freaking typical Eurosport! Grrrrr. It's some no mark tournament!
  • deejay
    a_n_t wrote:
    1 set each at the mo.

It aint ending in 10 minutes :(
    Hour and half to finish 2 sets (include knock up time) so it should take them another 30 minutes for the old swiss girl to lose.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Typical....I even got special permission to watch the tv as told the mrs I wanted to watch a travel programme about Italy!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Albasini of HTC is at the front of the race with an ISD rider-Gacci? Not sure of the time gap though.

Eurosport :evil: ....I feel another angry email coming on 8)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Is it me are these two birds really taking their time??!!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Jesus- match points saved. This is painful. The only people watching must be disgruntled cycling fans.
  • Brian1
    Brian1 Posts: 595
    I F**kin hate Europsport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Great we missed the climb of the Ghisallo - Typical F**king Eurosport how many times over the years have we missed crucial climbs or attacks because of some piss poor tennis event. THREE sports channels and they couldnt cut to the cycling Tos*ers.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    FüCK!!!!!! Set it to record and missed the last 10 miles as it cut off early.
  • deejay
    Is it me are these two birds really taking their time??!!
    I thought earlier that I had been through this suffering with Snyder (Swiss) for 15 years and then the commentator said it was 17 years. !
    Who won ffs as I only checked occasionally.
    Please don't answer that as it will be obvious if I bump into the Final.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Pokerface wrote:

Never trust it. You'll catch the majority of the chess world championships and finish just before the decisive attack.

It's the Eurosport guarantee.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    So yet another race ruined. First the delay for what? Tennis. Not a major tournament and just to rub salt in the wounds it's bloody womens tennis. Not even tennis fans like womens tennis FFS.
    Then the stupid game of women grunting in a quite disturbing manner ends and what do i get? A 5 minute advert plugging the fact that eurosport is "now available in HD". I was quite aware of that fact, especially as I watching said advert on eurosport fucking HD!
    Who advertises a TV channel you are already watching? Especially when you are waiting for a live feed? :roll:
    Then it finally limps on to my screen and they have missed the Ghisallo.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Imagine if the cycling coverage was ended with 20 kms to go to keep to the schedule. There would be a minor uproar on here.

Now put yourself in the shoes of tennis fans.

It's a live sports channel ffs, of course they schedules are going to change. They still showed over 50 kms of the race.
  • Pokerface wrote:
    manual record is your friend
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    andyp wrote:
    Imagine if the cycling coverage was ended with 20 kms to go to keep to the schedule. There would be a minor uproar on here.

Now put yourself in the shoes of tennis fans.

It's a live sports channel ffs, of course they schedules are going to change. They still showed over 50 kms of the race.

I am not a tennis fan. I could not give a monkeys about tennis. Feel free to post on a tennis forum :lol:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    dave milne wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I've realised that I have to record the following programme just in case!
  • luckao
    andyp wrote:

So is Sky Sports, and they manage just fine.

It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't such a common occurrence. What viewers get is low key events of other sports - for example, the average Eurosport viewer would struggle to recognise the majority of the tennis players - regularly infringing on the allocated time slots for cycling's premier events.

They could easily appease fans by being more realistic with their times, but those fans will have every right to feel aggrieved when actual start times regularly disregard what is essentially an understanding between the broadcaster and the viewer.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    If you don't understand the difference between the coverage Sky provides and the coverage Eurosport provides there then's little point arguing with you.

The fact remains that tennis, whether you like it or not, is a more popular sport when it comes to viewing figures, than cycling.

This argument's been done to death so many times on here, so for that reason I'm out.
  • luckao
    Whilst any discourse would be all the more fruitless when a concept as simple as appropriate time schedules appears to be unfathomable.

Quite frankly, the product isn't up to standard. I'm also out.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Would have been more understandable if they didn't have a compilation of people falling of motorbikes on Eurosport 2 at the time...
  • RC856 wrote:
    dave milne wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I've realised that I have to record the following programme just in case!

Yep +1 to this but I forgot :( You never have this kind of problem when recording with sky sports though :?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?