The misses?

2»

Comments

• cagebomb wrote:
    Why do some guys talk about there women/girlfriends like they are the boss of the relationship?! Some of my mates do that and it's irritating, it makes them look and sound like pussies :twisted:

+1 Grow a backbone for gods sake

My method would be as follows

1) Inform spouse you have bought the bike, inform that this is non negotiable and that there will be no further conversation on the matter.
    2) If spouse is upset by this dump and acquire new spouse who is more compatible with your lifestyle choices.

Simple!

Or you could follow this advice
    mea00csf wrote:
    I just don't get it, my boyfriend can buy whatever the hell he likes with his money, i buy whatever i want with mine. Bills, mortgage, food shopping, etc comes out of a seperate joint account that we both pay into, whatevers leftover from salaries is our own to do whatever we want with, even if i do think the £1500 time trial bike was silly when he already owns a perfectly good road bike......
    Couldn't imagine having total joint accounts, i'd end up feeling guilty for spending money, but angry when he spent money, not good :?

On the other hand if you've used cash that was meant for feeding your kids or otherwise providing for your family then you're a dick and should be ashamed of yourself.

Right that's that sorted . . . . . next
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Boy Lard wrote:

I could never buy anything without my wife knowing as I give her all my cash/credit cards and just ask her for money when I need it. That way she can buy whatever she wants or the kids need.

I never have any money left....
    ....maybe it's me that's doing it wrong. :?

Jesus H Christ. Does she look after your balls for you as well?
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    counterintuitively, after i opened a joint account and the mrs startted looking after the household finances and doing all the things i cant be rsed with (shopping around for insurance, paying the credit card on time, checking statements etc) i became much richer, even though my earnings are higher. I can now afford MORE to spend on bikes and beer.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    tsenior wrote:
    counterintuitively... i became much richer, even though my earnings are higher.
    It's not that counter intuitive, is it?
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    i meant my earnings are higher then hers and i expected to have a reduction in disposable iincome by subsidising her shoe/fine wine/kitchen appliance consumption :wink:
  • My good lady was only to quick to suggest that buying a new bike was a good idea when I explained that it was part of my mid-life crisis and how some men coped with this buying flash bikes or chased some new skirt.

It was better for me to spunk a load of money on a new bike than .......oh you get the idea! :twisted:

On a more boring note I did explain that my hardtail was playing havoc with my back and so a full sus could be seen as a medical aid!
    Trek Top Fuel 9 2010, Stumpy Pro 2009 ,Giant XTC3 2009, Qu-ax Penny Farthing,
    Elswick Hopper Model M delivery Bike 1960

God Shave The Queen!
  • just tell her, if she rides bikes she'll understand, if she doesn't ride bikes then you might want to consider a Mrs upgrade or your bicycle fun for the forseeable future may be a little stressful. It costs you twice as much cos you have to buy her bikes too but its worth it. Its my other half's birthday on Saturday and 8 of us are renting a house in Betws y coed for the weekend and getting muddy. I offered her that or Venice and she chose Wales providing there was a log fire. Guess I'm pretty lucky...
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    The worrying thing is he told us he was going to tell his pregnant wife about the bike.... then a day passes without news from him.

We may have lost a fellow forum member... :cry:

The secret is to get your wife to buy something pricey first, then we don't care if you buy something too. (I just get a little bit of bike envy as his cost more!) :twisted:
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • I blame the 90's, all this 'getting in touch with your own feminine side' bolllox, plus men have turned into women by purchasing and using way too many face and hair products, real men like my good self NEVER use that cack, bunch of limp wristed puffs I'm telling ya. :D
  • booldawg
    booldawg Posts: 290
    sit her down and tell her its not working out but you've bought a new bike to make you feel happier about it.
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/