OT: crisping up sandwiches

2»

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Do you know that ASDA acutally sell a prepacked crisp sarnie. I swear this is true. Two slices of buttered white cleanex bread and a micro packet of crisps.

It makes you dispair at the human race that there is a market for this.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    Do you know that ASDA acutally sell a prepacked crisp sarnie. I swear this is true. Two slices of buttered white cleanex bread and a micro packet of crisps.

Dispair?!?!?!?!?!? Genius more like!!!!

*checks google to find nearest Asda

I would Dispair at "Breakfast Pizza" - Seen on sale at "Ralphs" in Los Angeles in the cereals section.......
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

I would Dispair at "Breakfast Pizza" - Seen on sale at "Ralphs" in Los Angeles in the cereals section.......

I despair at your repeated misspelling of despair, and at the random capitalisation.

ASDA's crisp sandwich sounds terrible, but hey, if there's someone out there daft enought to buy it, more power to them!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    :shock: :shock: :shock: at this thread.

Crisps in a sandwich? Curry toasties? What's wrong with you people :shock: :shock:

Clearly I've led a sheltered cuisine life..
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    gtvlusso wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

I despair at your repeated misspelling of despair, and at the random capitalisation.

ASDA's crisp sandwich sounds terrible, but hey, if there's someone out there daft enought to buy it, more power to them!

I have been up at 5am most mornings with Jnr.......remembering my laptop login is proving problematic atm.....And anyways, I copied it from SimonAH - he is a major influence on me...
  • SimonAH wrote:

They also sell a "fish finger sarnie", I had one and it was a disappointment. A proper fish finger sarnie should be served with fingers warm enough to melt butter, preferably with a cup of tea and just in time to catch the end of "This Morning" having just woken up.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    A curry toastie is pretty darn f*cking out there! Chapeau... I don't think I have the balls to do it.

Cheese and Onion in a ham sandwich, flora butter and warbutons white bread*

*None of that seedy sh*t.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    SimonAH wrote:

They also sell a "fish finger sarnie", I had one and it was a disappointment. A proper fish finger sarnie should be served with fingers warm enough to melt butter, preferably with a cup of tea and just in time to catch the end of "This Morning" having just woken up.

Staggered to see these this evening when I went for milk and muesli.........what next? Prepackaged cold leftover pizza from last night?

Some sandwiches are a 'guilty pleasure' (to which I'd include stuff plus crisps) but ffs.

We are a disparate population (see what I did there LiT and GTV?) so I guess everything has it's place, but it does scare me sometimes.

OT I'm a literate and educated man (I flatter myself) but I do have some blackspots of spelling - stared at the word 'wheelbarrow' t'other day in a mail I was sending thinking "that can't be a word...." Weird.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    A curry toastie is pretty darn f*cking out there! Chapeau... I don't think I have the balls to do it.

Do it. You won't regret it.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Cheese and Onion in a ham sandwich, butter and white bread*

Isn't that the welsh national dish?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.