what would you have done??

2»

Comments

• Yes i would have been tempted to steal them because they were there, much like every time i see an apollo bike outside the local paper shop i feel like because it isn't locked up in it's owners shed, it's ripe to run off with.

Dooking Fumbass :lol:
  • damo2576
    damo2576 Posts: 236
    What would I have done if I was tempted to steal something?

I wouldn't announce it on a forum!
  • al2098
    al2098 Posts: 174
    Its an old moral dilemma.
    Most people at some time wonder if they should steal something and what stops them from doing so?
    Only two things;
    Consequences of getting caught. (fear)
    Integrity.
    To the chap who posted this thread
    Which one stopped you?
    Lots of tests to this. If you knew for certain you could get away with a million£ and no-one would suffer as a result and you could not get caught, would you be tempted.?
    If you say you would not or could not be tempted or even consider it then maybe your honesty would come into question.
    Fear, integrity or maybe a bit of both..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wouldnt take a million quid if it wasnt mine regardless of how harmless it could be in that particular situation.

the reason for me is that i think thieves go to hell and rightly so. so i suppose it is fear which stops me from stealing.
  • Ooh this got spirited, it's just a hypothetical question, if you think it's that stupid why reply and give the topic further forum space?! Also did anyone see or indeed read terry pratchetts 'going postal'? The man is a lord of alternative wisdom!

(if you didn't - the point being that there is no such thing as a victimless crime, no matter how clever or petty or how big the organisation you steal from).

I don't steal out of integrity.
  • Will Snow
    Will Snow Posts: 1,154
    the reason for me is that i think thieves go to hell and rightly so. so i suppose it is fear which stops me from stealing.

Good to know it is fear that stops you from being amoral, as opposed to any kind of innate niceness. Lovely.
    i ride a hardtail
  • Anonymous
    Well, let's be honest, Will Snow. If it wasn't for the police, and annoyances like that, we'd all be running around killing and stealing.
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    Kind of a silly post was it not?

May as well have been titled: "Is anyone else a criminal"

No I wouldn't even think of stealing them and shame on you for even considering it!
  • Will Snow
    Well, let's be honest, Will Snow. If it wasn't for the police, and annoyances like that, we'd all be running around killing and stealing.

or the baby jesus, apparently.
    i ride a hardtail
  • Anonymous
    Will Snow wrote:

Good to know it is fear that stops you from being amoral, as opposed to any kind of innate niceness. Lovely.

you really dont know me do you.
  • Will Snow
    im just going by what you said? Plus this is general feeling i get from the religiousy types
    i ride a hardtail
  • Anonymous
    :roll:
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Hypothetically, wouldn't even have been tempted. If someone gives me too much change I give the balance back! And he was doing you a favour!

I'm not a particularly good person, I just like feeling self-righteous!
  • Will Snow
    i have no idea what ive done wrong, lol
    i ride a hardtail
  • mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    you gotta watch him will,he"s a wind up merchant but in a good way "I THINK" :D nice selection of bikes there sheepy
  • Mental note *do not trust mr joey with anything*

:lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • mr joey
    ooh you are nasty badger :D i am really a sound lad just had a chav few seconds thats all :D
  • Have you got a receipt for that bike, Mr. Joey?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Anonymous
    Will Snow wrote:
    i have no idea what ive done wrong, lol
    If you were a religionist, you'd know, since you'd have been indoctrinated with a sense of right and wrong.
  • Will Snow
    you are right, as an atheist i have no sense of good or bad :lol: i always end up rooting for the baddies in movies
    i ride a hardtail
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    There are some very lucky people on here, never tickled by temptation... Blimey.

Two times stand out in my memory, both quite a while ago:

1. At school, queue at the tuckshop, I lifted two packets of crisps. Felt extremely guilty afterwards and went to the school office, apologised and returned the crisps. Why did I do it? Peers doing similar, seemd like a good idea at the time, bit of a laugh etc.

2. About 20 years ago, in the back room of a bike shop (shop was an old converted house I think) and the Oakley cabinet was wide open. I had a fetish for Oakley's at the time so the thought ( :twisted: ) did cross my mind but I didn't touch them. I did mention to the shop owner that it was open on my way out of the shop.

Temptation is a very powerful thing, as I said above, you are very lucky if you've never been tempted to do something wrong.

Actually, I've just thought of another one!

Traveliing home from work one night on the train and there was a vandalised confectionery machine on the station platform. It was still half full so I filled my pockets... :oops: Why? I was p!ssed and hungry... :wink:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Anonymous
    I was in the bank one day to cash a cheque. i'd just been to the shooting range, so i had my MP-9 on me.
    Unfortunately, temptation got the better of me, and i ended up robbing the bank.
  • mr joey
    it doesnt matter to me weather this post was or is cr@p or even pointless but it gets us all talking even if most of its bollocks and to me thats how a forum should be debatable with a bit a fun thrown in :D:lol: EH! sheepy,yeehaamcgee???
  • Anonymous
    mr joey, yep, I'm with you on that one :lol:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used to go scrumping. Cars.
  • Anonymous
    I'll scrump you in a minute.