If you win the Euro Millions tonight what bike will you buy?

Boy Lard
Boy Lard Posts: 445
edited October 2010 in MTB general
As it says in the title, completely money no object bike buying.

I'd be having the On One 456 Ti, and complete custom build. Hope headset and BB and hubs, XT drive chain, really not sure on forks. I'd probably just look through WMB best buys 'top end' and create one big shopping list.

Last month all I wanted was a trek Remedy. Go figure.

What do you want?

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Cove G-Spot with a vulgar level of build.
  • psymon
    psymon Posts: 1,562
    Santa Cruz Nomad with top level Fox 36s, 2 and a bash Xtr running gear and the new trail brakes and some pimp chris king wheel build.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Hookers.

Lots and lots of hookers......
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't waste your time thinking about it. The money is mine.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    You'd limit it to one bike?

I'd be tempted by a Nukeproof Scalp all decked out (40s, saint etc). I'd never do anything but mince about on it, but it would sure look cool.

Something I would actually ride would be a Genesis Latitude Ti XTR. And a top of the line Fuel Ex 9.9.

That would do. For this week.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    i would just trick out my Dune some more as its already uber sexy :p
  • Carbon nomad. No, wait - top of the line Remedy... Actualy, a Lynksey hardtail would be rather cool. Or a Whyte 146. But an Ellsworth would be nice. And the Ibis Mojo too.

Actually, it'd much more useful if I could invest the money in some serious skill upgrades. Top of the list would be learning to ride flats and then how to ride some drops bigger than 18 inches.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Hmmm, although its not the most pimping ass bike out there, i really like the Anthem Advanced, and ive never had a FS before, so i would prob have one of them

And maybe one of the new Scott Scale 899, to satisfy my HT cravings

And maybe an old school Klein Attitude, with rigid forks
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    I'd buy a top of the line marathon bike.
    Don't really know wich one, but had to be very light and very confortable. I'd buy one of those to each of my riding buddies, because we're more for the long distance well paced rides than for the more hardcore stuff: :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd have a Trek Session 88 with Fox 40s, raceface bars, stem and seatpost, Saint everything else.
    And a Marin Quake with a hammerschmidt and Fox36 180. Saint brakes and cranks, XTR everything else.

AND, a mount vision with XTR everything and fox 32 up front.

And a house.
    And a chalet in Morzine. And Whistler.

Hey, it IS the lottery, right?
  • kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    ti hardtail, not sure which, possibly the Whyte 19 or cover hummer, completely custom, XT drivechain, formula brakes, CK headset, fox 36 fork, not sure about wheels

nicolai helius with a rolhoff, again, completely custom, similar kit to above.

something carbon and fast, maybe a top of the range scott genius

santa cruz v10

oh, and a carbontastic road bike, something italian

if i had to choose 1, the nicolai
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    top drawer anthem and probably a Jones as well
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • kona_matt
    edited October 2010
    t0pc4t wrote:
    top drawer anthem and probably a Jones as well

ooooo, yeah, a jones for something different, and it would annoy people who hate them :wink:
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I'd put tassles on the bars as well, for extra annoyance factor.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    I'd buy lots of Jeff Jones spaceframes, and then start a new hobby of destroying them in numerous ways, and stick the videos of the destruction up on youtube.
  • jon87uk
    jon87uk Posts: 158
    Carbon Nomad, xtr trail kit or maybe x0 2x10 with bash, Fox 36. Probably. Maybe some Revs.

Maybe a build on a Scott Scale 899 just to see what a lightweight ride actually feels like. Failing that a Cannondale Flash.

Don't know what else off of the top of my head.
    Current - Cotic BFe - Pike RC - XT - Hope Arch EX
    Previous - 09 Marin Wolfridge 6.7 - 03 Kona Roast
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Just about to buy a Last Herb DH frame so I'd get it fully blinged out and a selection of chalets around the world.

But only after I'd had a month long sesh with some high class hookers
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • all of them.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    a whyte 146 with full xo, fox 32,s and hope brakes and wheels ..... oh wait, im already building one :lol::D

if i won though, id have a custom lynskey ti hardtail with the same build as the 146, a mojo hd with cane creek db ti, a nice bling ti road bike, a mega light xc fs bike and a 29er just to see what all the fuss is about :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Richie63 wrote:
    But only after I'd had a month long sesh with some high class hookers
    Lordmooch wrote:
    all of them.

That would be quite some undertaking. I don't know if I would feel jealous of you, or pitiful.
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    I wouldn't mind one of them GT DH bikes. And a carbon nomad with xx, possibly a ragley Ti, a yeti 575, and an undecided short travel xc bike :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hmmm

just though I'd buy every orange 5 from the production line, then once i'd bought them all for a year I'd stand in front of hte factory smashing them up for a laugh :p
  • carbon fibre santacruz v-10 with the new coated 40's
  • kona_matt
    Hmmm

just though I'd buy every orange 5 from the production line, then once i'd bought them all for a year I'd stand in front of hte factory smashing them up for a laugh :p

:lol:
  • terryowen
    terryowen Posts: 139
    the new scott scale.linsky ti hard tail.whyte 19 xx carbon.and a few other nice bikes.
  • ste_t wrote:
    Hookers.

Lots and lots of hookers......

You'd buy a large number of Cove 4X bikes?

Anyway, my wish list would be an Intense Spider 2 with a silly level of kit, something in the light and ridiculously fast XC category, maybe a Scott Scale, and a Cannondale Scalpel for good measure. And of course a really nice road bike. Or two. Also maybe a DH bike,
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    This...

yamaha-m1.jpg

You never said it had to be a mountain bike, and hell, I'm sure with over £100 million I could get me one of these.
  • Anonymous
    You just made me think of something. WHY does Fiat sponsor Yamaha?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    One of these a Norton P11 desert racer. I used to own one that needed restoration and like a bloody fool I sold it. Still kicking myself.

9ca8520586208b71aa2b03f9b0e1e482.jpg
    Norton_P11.jpg
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    A Jones spaceframe, a shedload of Hope Hubs to annoy everyone with, several Marins, A Whyte 146, that new steel long travel Ragley, and some crazy DH thingy.

And that massive house a few miles away that costs around £100 million.

And a custom Jones mountain Penny Farthing :lol:riding1.jpg
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy