The Chef has the reciept !

13»

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Yes, all he has to do is track down some more of the beef, get it analysed and he's OK.

Now he might still get a short ban and would be stripped of his win, but even that could be appealed if he built a water-tight case.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Pretty funny stuff right there, nice

Yes, stop milking it guys, it's not funny
  • Snorebens wrote:
    Cud it be possible Bertie isn't lying?

I got even though Kleber didnt! :D
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    A pat on the back
  • I don't believe his oxtail for a minute, a child cud have made it up, just a c0ck and bull story all because Bertie wanted to build up his calves
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,427
    Oh God, this punning is going to go on until the cows come home, isn't it? I'm going to hoof it....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Rumours are Bertie is having a news conference tomorrow to admit it all. I heard it on the bovine.............. :oops: :oops:
  • Kléber wrote:
    A pat on the back

Would that be a cow pat?
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Is there rumen 'ere for another pun?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Is there rumen 'ere for another pun?

Mooove away, there's nowt to see here!!
  • Pity we didn't have this thread a week ago. I could have told you about Cattle Evans and his World Champion Jersey. But that has passed its sell by date.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Well, we should've seen this coming.

At least one poster on here has been obsessed with Bertie's tenderloins for ages.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Not surprising to see the chef has backed up bertie, he knows which side his bread is buttered. It seems some people are suggesting the translations may have been butchered but I still think that Contador could be put out to pasture by the UCI.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Pity we didn't have this thread a week ago. I could have told you about Cattle Evans and his World Champion Jersey. But that has passed its sell by date.

Last year was the Year of the Cow in the cycling zodiac.

Now it's the Year of the Pig, with Boar Hushovd.

Then it'll be the Year of the Dog with Bark Cavendish
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Pity we didn't have this thread a week ago. I could have told you about Cattle Evans and his World Champion Jersey. But that has passed its sell by date.

Last year was the Year of the Cow in the cycling zodiac.

Now it's the Year of the Pig, with Boar Hushovd.

Then it'll be the Year of the Dog with Bark Cavendish

Thought it was the year of the Rat, with Fabian Chinchillara :oops:
  • now i've herd everything
    better downhill
  • sudholz
    sudholz Posts: 69
    Hoof dares wins
    Well. Certaintly...
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,204
    deal wrote:
    Not surprising to see the chef has backed up bertie, he knows which side his bread is buttered. It seems some people are suggesting the translations may have been butchered but I still think that Contador could be put out to pasture by the UCI.

quite a classy take in a field of many breeds
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Isn't it ironic that if Bertie cant find a Freisian, he's going to lose a Jersey.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ratsbeyfus
    Beef-or I go to bed there's time for one more pun.

@ratsbey
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Isn't it ironic that if Bertie cant find a Freisian, he's going to lose a Jersey.

He can't say he wasn't warned.

The Texas Longhorn told him he had a lot to learn, while Vino told him he didn't know Yak!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    It's Charolais Mottet -

hot-cow_on_a_bicycle-mls.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ratsbeyfus
    LangerDan wrote:
    It's Charolais Mottet -

hot-cow_on_a_bicycle-mls.jpg

Did he win the Milk Race?

@ratsbey
  • Enough silliness! Time to get back on topic..............

So, the Chef has the Recipe?
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    At the end of the hay, it's all meat and drink to Bert anyway - he now needs to suck it up, simmer down, accept his ham and come back clen in a year or so's time - maybe then he'll be accepted, horns and all.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,204
    LangerDan wrote:

boom boom
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    LangerDan wrote:

boom boom

That's the best one :)
    Mens agitat molem
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    hugh1982 wrote:
    Is there any news of anyone else from Astana being tested that day? If so, would be interesting to know whether they also had steak!

Yes, Vino was the only other rider from Astana tested that day, but he did not eat the meat

And Bertie clearly remembers Vino complaining becuase he had eaten the "bad meat" from the hotel as Bertie's meat wasn't ready yet :roll:
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I think the ban will only be a short (horn) one, then cycling can moooove on because its getting udderly ridiculous
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    meggiedude wrote:
    The one bit about the whole story I can buy is that Contador thought French meat rubbish and Spanish meat far superior.
    !
    Yeah, well you could substitute English and Englishmen in here

Not really, look at any high street in Britain and there will be French, Chinese, Italian, Indian, Indonesian etc restaurants.

Either British food is incredibly bad or the the British are more open minded - or both!