The Chef has the reciept !

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 17,204
    bazbadger wrote:
    So, meat is SO bad in France it requires someone to bring some from the neighboring country.

Reads like the meat was just for Contador, did no-one else have it? no one at all? Did the chef cook it just for Contador? Or have I missed something?

The whole thing about finding the receipt is strange too. You'd have thought that would the first thing they would have done right after Contador tested positive so they could back up their claims and wave the receipt at the media.

Doesn't look convincing to me right now.

the whole story is preoposterous... put it this way if is true!

what a weirdo he has to personally import meat... why so much red meat in the first place

fish white meat and all that

I thought these guys are hyper on dietary issues... its not the 1970's steak for breakfast still is it?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    The stench of bullshite on this story is overpowering.
  • Chris James
    Chris James Posts: 1,040
    The one bit about the whole story I can buy is that Contador thought French meat rubbish and Spanish meat far superior.

My wife was enaged to a Spaniard many years ago and still goes on about how narrow minded most of them were. Especially regarding their food. They view Spanish food as far superior to all other nation's food. Even if, or especially if, they have never eaten any non Spanish food!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,952
    He doesn't say the meat in France is not as good, he says it is not the same. Does this mean Spanish beef is more likely to be full of clen and therefore more likely to back up the story? :wink:
  • The one bit about the whole story I can buy is that Contador thought French meat rubbish and Spanish meat far superior.

My wife was enaged to a Spaniard many years ago and still goes on about how narrow minded most of them were. Especially regarding their food. They view Spanish food as far superior to all other nation's food. Even if, or especially if, they have never eaten any non Spanish food!
    Yeah, well you could substitute English and Englishmen in here
    Its the same in lots of countries, not just Spain. I'm sure the French would say the same for instance.
    Which is why they will be p*ss*d by Bertie refusing their fillet steak.
    Can I upgrade???
  • pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,170
    I like this bit best.
    Astana have it somewhere and it will turn up if they want it to

:lol:
    Mañana
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    As much as Vino, Kreuziger and Menchov might like to see Contador thwarted by "losing" the receipt, the team couldn't afford another dodgy positive. The team has been under watch for some time and this could be the final straw for ASO and even the UCI.

Adds a new meaning to "ave calves", eh? :wink:
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Kléber wrote:
    As much as Vino, Kreuziger and Menchov might like to see Contador thwarted by "losing" the receipt, the team couldn't afford another dodgy positive. The team has been under watch for some time and this could be the final straw for ASO and even the UCI.

Are you saying there's a veal danger Astana could be in big trouble?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    DaveyL wrote:

The UCI will want to milk them for everything they've got....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • mididoctors
    DaveyL wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

that's only calf of it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • iainf72 wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:

The UCI will want to milk them for everything they've got....

Jeez... enough already!
    Can I upgrade???
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Yeah once this crap starts these bad puns seem to go on for heifer
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • mididoctors
    Timoid. wrote:

that seems to be the meat of it. its like they are going hell for heifer
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Timoid. wrote:

that seems to be the meat of it. its like they are going hell for heifer

To be expected, with the steaks so high.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Sorry, if this has already been said:

If the animal was killed in an abattoir that sells to local butchers then I would imagine that all of it would have been sold and eaten within a few days of this particular steak being bought. So it might not be possible to test other pieces of meat from that animal.

And while records will identify which animal provided that steak, if a farmer is illegally giving clen to his animals he's hardly going to record it, though I guess tests on his other animals would reveal if he is systematically dosing them. But that testing would have to be done under the equivalent of a search warrant, I'd presume.

As for the meat being different - different countries have historically used different breeds for beef and if France and Spain do so, then French meat would seem different to anyone used to Spanish - the texture, consistency and taste would all be different. Not worse, just different.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    rdt wrote:

Contador is going to have to liver with the results.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,044
    Surely the amount of it in his blood is a moo point?
  • mididoctors
    iainf72 wrote:
    rdt wrote:

your not kidney me. He is behaving like a bull in a china shop and will end derailing astana like a runaway cattletruck
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    This receipt is probably going to be worth a fair bit by now. It's probably sitting on some gaudy Kazakh desk watched closely by some fat bloke with a white cat on his lap.

The main thing is that Contador is a "really friendly person", all else is fluff.
    Mens agitat molem
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:
    rdt wrote:

your not kidney me. He is behaving like a bull in a china shop and will end derailing astana like a runaway cattletruck

Unmitigated bullocks
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • mididoctors
    LangerDan wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rdt wrote:

Unmitigated bullocks

offal I know
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Pretty funny stuff right there, nice
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rdt
    LangerDan wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rdt wrote:

Unmitigated bullocks

offal I know

If a failed test leads to a roasting for AC, it's essential the authorities fry to take their time to a-braise the results correctly, so that an innocent man isn't unnecessarily em-broiled in scandal and a merciless grilling by the world's media.
  • rdt
    Pretty funny stuff right there, nice

yep, well done everyone, it's rare to see such a display of wit. +1 to the medium that is the Internet.
  • mididoctors
    rdt wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    rdt wrote:

Unmitigated bullocks

offal I know

If a failed test leads to a roasting for AC, it's essential the authorities fry to take their time to a-braise the results correctly, so that an innocent man isn't unnecessarily em-broiled in scandal and a merciless grilling by the world's media.

you could end up being branded as trying to hard by a stampede of posters
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    But its important to take the bull by the horns
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    One man's meat is another man's poison.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    think there could be a bit of poor translation here from CN as the chef and Contador are saying the exact same sentences word for word.

I wonder if the butcher even knows where the meat came from. Does he source from the same farm all the time or just go to a market and bid on the best ones etc.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,427
    This thread is rapidly descending into udder nonsense.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Snorebens
    Snorebens Posts: 759
    Cud it be possible Bertie isn't lying?