Best national jersey

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited October 2010 in Pro race
So after watching the various races over the last few days, what's the best national kit? Think I'd have to go for either the Aussie (unfortunately) or Danish jerseys, as modelled by Matti Breschel & Allan Davis below...

uciworlds_mensroad_23_600.jpg

Comments

• pb21
    pb21 Posts: 2,171
    edited October 2010
    uciworlds_mensroad_16_600.jpg

Deleted the Belgium one cos I think this is best, close though!
    Mañana
  • uciworlds_mensroad_05_600.jpg
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Love the swiss and Norway (Cervelo version):

_48273329_009751098-1.jpg

And national version:
    uciworlds_mensroad_20_600.jpg
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Swiss looks good. Belgium (pale blue with Belgian tricolor),Germany (white with german colours). US always looks too Capt.America
    M.Rushton
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Reminds me of one of my favourite football replicas.
    bettiniphoto_0060145_1_full_600.jpg

Although unimaginative, I don't mind Spain's. It broke up the Azzurri nicely.
    uciworlds_mensroad_11_600.jpg
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    1472552622_57557074ae.jpg
  • And not too sure about the Italian women's shorts...

10_02_10_rr_054_600.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    New Zealand usually do a good kit (the road kit is the same design as the trackies):

380749.jpg

I like their champions jersey too. (2007 version)

credit-trikot-nm07-1_p1.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    RichN95 wrote:
    New Zealand usually do a good kit

5046358319_e8a5df2e8e_b.jpg
  • Think the old USA kit was much better than the current "Captain America" one...

Jr-Worlds-78web.jpg

Also LOVE the haircuts!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It's interesting how some the national kits worn for the Olympics / Worlds differ so wildly from the national jerseys worn in trade teams, especially since the trade team jerseys have to be approved by the national federations.

I quite the blue Belgian one, but you can't beat this for coolness:

80541577-480-90-480-70.jpg

The British union jack kit that the team wears in the Worlds is one of the worst IMO:

uciworlds_mensroad_04_600.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not Poland

cyclists.jpg

Like the Swiss one though...
  • Yeah, thanks NapD, gonna have nightmares tonight!
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    The GB kit is aweful. And why don't they have their trade-team sponsors on the shorts like all the other riders? Columbia, Cervelo and Garmin can't have been happy with the sight of their riders advertising Sky?!

The Swiss, Denish and Norge kits all looked good - myst be the plain/simple red/white combo. Although quite liked the Columbia kit.
  • The GB kit is aweful. And why don't they have their trade-team sponsors on the shorts like all the other riders? Columbia, Cervelo and Garmin can't have been happy with the sight of their riders advertising Sky?!

The Swiss, Denish and Norge kits all looked good - myst be the plain/simple red/white combo. Although quite liked the Columbia kit.

Pardon my ignorance, but why do they have to have trade names on the national team kits anyway?

I don't expect ( or want) any other national sports that I watch for the individual team members to have their team names blazoned all over it. So why does cycling have to be different? Surely it should all be about the national team not the trade teams.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • pedro118118
    The GB kit is aweful. And why don't they have their trade-team sponsors on the shorts like all the other riders? Columbia, Cervelo and Garmin can't have been happy with the sight of their riders advertising Sky?!

Pardon my ignorance, but why do they have to have trade names on the national team kits anyway?

I don't expect ( or want) any other national sports that I watch for the individual team members to have their team names blazoned all over it. So why does cycling have to be different? Surely it should all be about the national team not the trade teams.

Not saying I want to see trade-team logos, just curious as to why many others have them and GB don't. Although whilst on the subject of style and aesthetics, both Philip Gilbert's Canyon and Thor's Cervelo looked fantastic in their national paint jobs.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Really like the Belgium kit and loved Phillipe Gilbert's paint scheme on his Canyon.
  • Pardon my ignorance, but why do they have to have trade names on the national team kits anyway?

I'd guess it's because they're paid to sponsor the products of the trade teams, whereas Rooney et al simply play for a club. They wear the boots they're paid to wear etc.

The GB team is another example of the lines being blurred between Team Sky and Team GB, as both are sponsored by Sky, meaning Cav, Jez and Dave have to wear Sky emblazoned kits
  • polocini
    polocini Posts: 201
    Belgium for me. Although Columbia was a close second.

AL
  • The GB kit is aweful.

Glad some others have mentioned it, think it could do with an update. But then it's not as bad as the one that they used to use a few years ago with was lime green!
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Do have to say that the Italian Azurra or Spanish national colours look great in the sun
    M.Rushton
  • alex16zx
    alex16zx Posts: 153
    i can't really find a good photo as he only wore it once (maybe a couple of other times), but the special black Italian champion's jersey Pozzato wore for Paris-Roubaix in honour of Ballerini is gorgeous.

1_600.jpg
  • He wore the same one at a cyclo cross even earlier in the year...

091205ispa_0229_600.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    Pokerface wrote:

And national version:

Not wanting to be pedantic but are we talking national jersey or national champions jersey? Isn't Thor's the champs jersey or do the whole squad wear the same? The GB champs jersey is very nice, the GB team kit less so (although I don't dislike it as much as some).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pross wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

And national version:

Not wanting to be pedantic but are we talking national jersey or national champions jersey? Isn't Thor's the champs jersey or do the whole squad wear the same? The GB champs jersey is very nice, the GB team kit less so (although I don't dislike it as much as some).

Nat champ jersies are not used in the worlds.

You just get given the national jersies. It just so happens, as you can see, the Norwegian ones are very similar.
  • Pross
    Cheers, thought that may be the case but they are basically identical.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    My missus says Belgium's is the best, so I have to agree.

But she also says Frank Schleck is quite the dish. There is less agreement here.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    alex16zx wrote:
    i can't really find a good photo as he only wore it once (maybe a couple of other times), but the special black Italian champion's jersey Pozzato wore for Paris-Roubaix in honour of Ballerini is gorgeous.

1_600.jpg

Prendas have the very same for purchase! Poland's cockage should be censored!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • pedro118118
    Pross wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

And national version:

The jersey in the first pic has "Cervelo" on itm and the other has "Norge" doesn't it?
    In any event, I suppose some of the Nat Champs jerseys will be similar. Personally, a GB jersey akin to the Nat Champs (white, with red &blue bands) would be much more tasteful than the Union Jack abomination they actually wear. Also seems somewhat innapropriate that the Sky logo i sall over it.
  • Pross
    How is the GB kit having Sky on any different to any of the other national kits which have sponsors names on? :?