Bibshorts - would you?

2»

Comments

• dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    njee20 wrote:
    It's only really an issue if you're fat :-)

I reckon that's probably right tbh.
  • I bought bib shorts for a 75km enduro event well comfy even on a hard tail.One complaint if your caught short and need a wee top got to come off.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Why does your top have to come off for a pee!? I've got at least 15 pairs of bib shorts/tights and can easily pee in any of them, just bend forward slightly and pull the front down!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I love bibs. Sometimes I wear baggies over them, often I don't.

The Aldi full length ones are good for wet/cold days. Decathalon 'Comp' spec (with gel chamois) are the most comfortable and are very made.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • floosy
    floosy Posts: 270
    Bib shorts under baggies :)

Dave.
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    I am a girl and have only ever used waist shorts, I am tempted to try bib shorts however they are pricey and I can see there will be issues with going to the toilet with them and also chest strap to breast chaffing issues. I'm thinking of getting some to wear when participating in a race as there will be no stopping for the toilet, but for riding trails, sportives or training rides I doubt I'd use them. Fit men look good in lycra it allows us to perve on your muscles without you needing to be undressed :-p
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    The Assos ladies bibshorts have straps laid out in a different way to prevent such chaffage... the site is well worth a look (for research purposes only, of course)...
  • I wouldn't be without my bibs now, short ones in the summer, 3/4 quarter ones about now, and full lengths (when I buy some!) going into the winter! :)

Tend not to need the toilet when riding - before and after enough for me :)
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I use Bibs tights in the winter as I last winter I was suffering aching backs. It was due to the cold getting to my lower back (even though I was wearing a base layer and jacket.

It's a great way of making sure your back stays really warm.
    Craig Rogers
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    hells wrote:
    I am a girl and have only ever used waist shorts, I am tempted to try bib shorts however they are pricey and I can see there will be issues with going to the toilet with them and also chest strap to breast chaffing issues. I'm thinking of getting some to wear when participating in a race as there will be no stopping for the toilet, but for riding trails, sportives or training rides I doubt I'd use them. Fit men look good in lycra it allows us to perve on your muscles without you needing to be undressed :-p

Yup, as soon as you're completely dressed in them, ready to go, I can pretty much GUARENTEE you'll need a wee :wink::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    What's all this baggies talk? :lol: I've been riding road and MTB since the mid eighties when shoulder pads were cool. :lol: Bibshorts are the only shorts to have. Forget shorts without a bib, they only need adjusting constantly!! As or wearing baggies over bibs? :lol: I have no issues whatsoever about anyone seeing me in lycra bibshorts or proper winter bibtights. 25 years of super comfortable, carefree cycling!!! Get in there ya wee bunch of puffs :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hang on, you're dressing like a homosexual ballerina-ism instructor, and you're calling OTHER people puffs?
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    You're insecure yeehaa :lol:
  • njee20
    You're insecure yeehaa

+1 :-)
  • Anonymous
    dodgy wrote:
    You're insecure yeehaa :lol:
    If you saw me wearing spandex, you'd be feeling pretty insecure :lol:
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    hang on, you're dressing like a homosexual ballerina-ism instructor, and you're calling OTHER people puffs?

yeehaa, you need to grow a pair!! STOP worrying what you might look like in lycra and get the gear on! NOTHING and i mean nothing beats proper cycling (road) kit. I was out today in heavy showers with 3/4 Endura bibs. Very comfortable, even when wet and they never snagged the saddle once!! Now....WET BAGGIES??? Heavy stupid things. :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Give it a rest, ans stop taking yourself so bloody seriously. Do you wear your lycra out to the shops as well when it looks like it might rain?

And besides, whilst I don't have too much issue with how I might look to myself in lycra, I do care about other folk, and the last thing I want is to bring their dinners up.

Doesn't matter who you are, lycra on a man just looks bloody horrendous (unless of course, you're a woman, vieweing some fit bloke, which is fair point - men like fit women in lycra too - but NOT hippocrocamooses)
  • njee20
    My thoughts tend to be that non-cyclists think you look ridiculous irrespective of what you wear, so you may as well wear the most functional kit.

Saying that, I agree that fatties really shouldn't wear lycra!
  • Anonymous
    It's not just fatties though is it? Anyone without the body of a greek god looks like a proper clumpet.
    No point kidding yourself you don't.
  • njee20
    WGAS though? That's my point, people think you look silly even if you wear baggies.

Each to their own, happy with my body!
  • Anonymous
    I'm happy with your body too, njee. I often think about it when I'm doing some DIY. In my head though, you're wearing a schoolgirl's outfit, not lycra.
  • njee20
    Haha! I'm touched, not literally luckily :-)
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
  • I care about being comfortable and not having to adjust my shorts every 20 seconds because they slide down. I wear nothing but lycra. It's extremely comfortable, not heavy, breathes well, nothing to get caught on anything, and in general is just good all around. Stop worrying Yaaha, you big poon.
  • Anonymous
    I'm not worried. In fact, I'm feeling slightly turned on.
  • njee20
    I'm getting the horn, gonna put some bibshorts on now.
  • I'm not worried. In fact, I'm feeling slightly turned on.

Slow your horses buckaroo, Are you able to sense my fitness over the net? So it's not only my wife whose turned on by me in bibshorts.
  • Uchiga
    Uchiga Posts: 230
    Bibshorts and a pair of Aldi Padded non bib shorts. Never wearing them non bib shorts again. Major uncomfortableness due to pad position and the pads moving every time you decide to cycle anywhere. Yer some bibshorts are a pain in the arse to go to the loo due to a high cut front.

I wear baggies or just usual shorts for anything less than 10 miles though makes it funny when you go past someone who is wearing lycra...

Racing i wear bib shorts comfortable as especially for longer rides got nothing to dig into your waist and for me that is a bit of a problem *cough*26inchwaist*cough* thus finding anything that grips around your waist but fits everywhere else is a pain in the backside. Hence bibshorts work wonders.