King of the Race Face

13»

Comments

• Could we bring this back on topic please.

I looked at this thread expecting to see a compilation of gurning faces and funny comments as the thread title suggested.

With that in mind, could anyone tell me who the guy behind Cadel is, because his Race Face is AWSOME :lol:
    preview-giro.jpg
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Rich, I saw nothing of the sort, but I did see, on Cadel's own website were he says he "consulted" with Ferrari. That's a pretty good source that he did do something with Ferrari.

Timoid- A few items:

1) It's funny how you keep arguing Mapei was clean, but then you admit that he pulled his sponsorship because they were doping.

2) It's interesting how you insulted me and then, when I posted something that proved your insult was asinine, you have tried to distance yourself from it instead of admitting you were wrong and apologizing.

3) You are showing an appalling tendency to ignore what does not suit your opinion in order to keep arguing.

All of this speaks volumes about you and none of it is good. Therefore I will stop discussing this with you.
  • Rundfahrt
    Could we bring this back on topic please.

I looked at this thread expecting to see a compilation of gurning faces and funny comments as the thread title suggested.

With that in mind, could anyone tell me who the guy behind Cadel is, because his Race Face is AWSOME :lol:

Sorry about that, a certain person decided to insult me and then misdirect when I pointed out that his opinion had some serious flaws.

I wish I had a pick of myself from a race about a month ago that included a 1k hill that averaged 10% and had a stretch of 15%. I was hurting bad!

Dan Martin on the Angliru
    Vuelta15_thumb.jpg
  • Rundfahrt
    Picture_1%28589%29.png
  • Rundfahrt
    This thread, like all others, needs more Jens!

tumblr_l053x1RqGR1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Rich, I saw nothing of the sort, but I did see, on Cadel's own website were he says he "consulted" with Ferrari. That's a pretty good source that he did do something with Ferrari.

Where does it say that? I can't see it anywhere.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Rundfahrt
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Where does it say that? I can't see it anywhere.

Sorry, it was on cadelevans.org. Also on his bio from Claxton Speakers International.

My point about Timoid and his opinion on Mapei was made quite succinctly (as well as his attitude on posting), so I am going to stay on topic from now on.

FShincapie.jpg
  • RichN95.
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Sorry, it was on cadelevans.org. Also on his bio from Claxton Speakers International.

My point about Timoid and his opinion on Mapei was made quite succinctly (as well as his attitude on posting), so I am going to stay on topic from now on.

So the 'consulting' that he did was a lab single test in 2000, which I acknowledged happened. Other than that the only 'evidence' you've managed to uncover is an erroneous German newspaper column.
  • Rundfahrt
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

So the 'consulting' that he did was a lab single test in 2000, which I acknowledged happened. Other than that the only 'evidence' you've managed to uncover is an erroneous German newspaper column.

Yep, you know how these guys just come out and say "I saw Ferrari (or Conconi or Sainz or Fuentes, etc.) to get doping products every week. It is funny how people will take a comment about one lab test at face value with Evans (who has raced for a few teams who have had systematic doping) yet, will insist when other riders make similar claims they automatically assume they are lying. Perhaps some people should leave their agendas aside when posting about doping.

I'm done. Feel free to get in a last word if you wish, but I am sticking to the topic.
  • RichN95.
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Yep, you know how these guys just come out and say "I saw Ferrari (or Conconi or Sainz or Fuentes, etc.) to get doping products every week. It is funny how people will take a comment about one lab test at face value with Evans (who has raced for a few teams who have had systematic doping) yet, will insist when other riders make similar claims they automatically assume they are lying. Perhaps some people should leave their agendas aside when posting about doping.

Evans didn't mention the encounter, Ferrari did. Evans's association with Sassi is well known.
    Perhaps you should listen to your own advice from the last line. You clearly really want Evans to be doping, as you are clinging to scraps of discredited information. By all means have a sceptical eye, but if your first port of call is to try and link a rider to doping by any means possible then you are watching the wrong sport.
  • Rundfahrt
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Evans didn't mention the encounter, Ferrari did. Evans's association with Sassi is well known.
    Perhaps you should listen to your own advice from the last line. You clearly really want Evans to be doping, as you are clinging to scraps of discredited information. By all means have a sceptical eye, but if your first port of call is to try and link a rider to doping by any means possible then you are watching the wrong sport.

Perhaps you should move on if your first "port of call" is to make false claims against someone who does not simply say "you are right" when you post something. Nowhere did I say Evans mentioned it. Nowhere did I say Evans doped or that I wanted him to dope. I simply presented facts about Evans that are germane to the discussion about Mapei that you and timoid have turned into an argument about Evans.

The fact that you are defending Evans, ignoring the factual links to doping that I have provided and attacking me, just proves my theory above.

Now, I am done, if you want to keep arguing in this thread you will be talking to yourself as I plan to stick to the topic. Continued posts off-topic by you and timoid will only make you guys look foolish.
  • Rundfahrt
    Sorry to all about the off-topic direction, I apologize for being one of a few people taking the thread off-topic. Now I will stick to the topic.

stephen-roche-460.jpg
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Could we bring this back on topic please.

preview-giro.jpg

Julio Perez Cuapio - he won the KOM in the Giro that year.

He's also part of one of my favourite Giro moments, poking Piepoli in the @rse with the Devil's pitchfork

julio.JPG.pagespeed.ce.c9dJPStcyU.jpg
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    24062012_terpstra_b.jpg

I'm coming over all FF today.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

I'm coming over all FF today.

Say whaaaaaaaaat? :shock:
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

It's certainly lower position than it used to be.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962

It's certainly lower position than it used to be.

Sven Vandousselaere hasn't really got it right yet...
  • esafosfina
    esafosfina Posts: 131
    Danny Oss (The bOss)... aggro little fucker!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    Rundfahrt wrote:

Timoid- A few items:

1) It's funny how you keep arguing Mapei was clean, but then you admit that he pulled his sponsorship because they were doping. No, he has said that Mapei's money man wanted a clean set up and pushed for that, pulling his money out when he realised it wasn't happening - I haven't seen anything where he argues they were clean
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Race faces all round here:
    worlds09menrr-ouch.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I love J-rod's race face in this picture

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg
    PROPER race face from Purito there
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    3TTists.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg
    Why is Froome getting his armpit tickled by the bloke in blue?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg

he's not - he's just tried to punch that ninja in black, who ducked out of the way
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg

he's not - he's just tried to punch that ninja in black, who ducked out of the way

Hasn't Froome just appeared from under the yellow table cloth as it is pulled away Paul Daniels-like by the bloke in green? Now that's magic!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

CORVOS_00021678-119.jpg

Hasn't Froome just appeared from under the yellow table cloth as it is pulled away Paul Daniels-like by the bloke in green? Now that's magic!

Someone's just pulled the string for his right arm. Now after me...

"High on a hill was a lonely goat herd lay odelay, odelay hee hoo..."
    Correlation is not causation.