pugaltitude Posts: 191
edited September 2010 in The Crudcatcher
What is your top speed mountain biking?
Give conditions what bike and location.
Above all be honest.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i got about 62 miles an hour on the flat in the granny ring on my enduro.

i wonder who will be along to dispell this FACT.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    I got to 57km/h slipstreaming a van on the way back from Llandegla. Probably could've gone faster but the speed limit was 60 km/h.

Fastest off-road that I've noticed is 40km/h on the rollcercoaster bit at Llandegla. Gonna go even faster next time, now that I know what to expect :D
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    What is your top speed mountain biking?
    Give conditions what bike and location.
    Above all be honest.

Zzzzzzz
  • i got about 62 miles an hour on the flat in the granny ring on my enduro.

i wonder who will be along to dispell this FACT.

Holy $h|t dude! Is that for real? I didn't even think that could be done in the granny ring. You mustn't have had

7317142274b8453a128b24.jpg
    THIS
    Kevin Webster hair do at the time, it'd create some drag.

:lol
  • I hit 80MPH on my HT commuter once.. sadly the batteries in my light set didn't have the grunt to power the Flux Capacitor up..
  • I hit 80MPH on my HT commuter once.. sadly the batteries in my light set didn't have the grunt to power the Flux Capacitor up..

ROFL :lol:
  • I once overtook an elderly lady in a wheelchair doing 4mph uphill. Hope that helps :wink:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • LOL, this thread's gone to hell
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think I once managed 300 mph, a split second before my ribs hit the ground.

But for that split second I looked like Superman
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    1. Don't care what my speed is.

2. But Sports Tracker once clocked me at over 60mph, uphill. Hmm, I think something went wrong there :D
  • My bike once did 95 mph. It was in my car on the motorway, does that count?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    My bike once did 95 mph. It was in my car on the motorway, does that count?

was it in a bmw 335d?
  • Was my trusty renault Laguna diesel estate actually. does that have any bearing on the issue?
  • Briggo
    Was my trusty renault Laguna diesel estate actually. does that have any bearing on the issue?

Yes it does as clearly you are lieing, only BMW 335D's in black estate versions are able to hit speeds such as 95mph.
  • I am not lying, my Renault wil have any BMW diesel that wants to give it a go. Escpecially in reverse. It's French therefore good at running away.
  • Anonymous
    I am not lying, my Renault wil have any BMW diesel that wants to give it a go. Escpecially in reverse. It's French therefore good at running away.

post of the week. :lol::lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    crudcatcher time.

and Warp factor 2 on the DH bike and Warp factor 3 on the Tank.

i can only manage warp factor 1/2 on the XC bike but have momentarily manage Warp factor 1 on the FR fully.

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    crudcatcher time.

Warp factor 3 on the Tank.

having sen pictures of this bike there is no way this is true,

it must be closer to warp 4 or 5 just dropping off a curb stone
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    edited September 2010
    41.6mph, fire-track downhill, Pifichie (Aberdeenshire), 2010 Trek 6300. Then hit a bump and was thrown off. That was 6 months ago and my shoulder still hurts. Must get it checked.

EDIT: Sorry. I wrote my answer before I'd read the other replies. Didn't realise we were all gonna be honest about it. I was trying to be modest. Ok, so it should read: 4160mph, fire-track uphill, Pitfichie (Aberdeenshire), 2010 Trek 6300. Then the after-burners flamed out and I was thrown off due to the sudden deceleration......
    After uphill there's downhill
  • Briggo
    Miggins wrote:
    41.6mph, fire-track downhill, Pifichie (Aberdeenshire), 2010 Trek 2010. Then hit a bump and was thrown off. That was 6 months ago and my shoulder still hurts. Must get it checked.

No you didnt.

Treks are incapable of those speeds.
  • LOLZERFEST!

Right, fast recorded speed I've done was 72mph, on a single speed road bike, on the road. This was independantly verified by the boys in blue, but many, many years ago...

Fastest this year on the MTB (Giant NRS) was 46mph, and that was on the fireroad climb at the start of the Wall at Afan (I was going down it at the time). Obviously I'd have been much quicker if I'd actually put it in the 44/11, which according to some sources on here, I can't use...

Fastest on the TT bike this year was 57.1 mph, on a very flat road, with a gale force tail wind. Again the boys in blue 'advised' me it would be a good idea to slow down as I was in a 40mph zone. Oh and that was 53/11...

:D
  • Anonymous
    i call bullshit el_cap

mainly 'cause thats how the internet works:

you make a speed claim, someone tells you you're a liar.

you're a liar.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    On road - 35 mph on the Norco. Riding trails - dont have evidence but around the same, 30-35 mph :D
  • i call bullshit el_cap

you're a liar.

Without a doubt! After all, there are no pictures to prove this happened. And TBH, there's not actual proof that I own any bikes, or actually exist in real life for that matter.

I could just be a figment of all your collective demented imaginations...
  • Anonymous
    i call bullshit el_cap

you're a liar.

Without a doubt! After all, there are no pictures to prove this happened. And TBH, there's not actual proof that I own any bikes, or actually exist in real life for that matter.

I could just be a figment of all your collective demented imaginations...

you'd have bigger tits if you were a figment of my imagination.
  • Anonymous
    you'd have bigger tits if you were a figment of my imagination.
    :lol::lol:
  • Judging by the way this thread is going I suggest the return to the old school sports day event of the 'slow bicycle race' and see who can get round their local ride in the slowest time.

took me 4.5 hours to do the Monkey at Cannock once. Still drunk and had to stop to wretch several times.

Can anyone beat that?
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    Briggo wrote:
    Miggins wrote:
    41.6mph, fire-track downhill, Pifichie (Aberdeenshire), 2010 Trek 2010. Then hit a bump and was thrown off. That was 6 months ago and my shoulder still hurts. Must get it checked.

No you didnt.

Treks are incapable of those speeds.
    Hurrah! Mine must be the first! winner.gif Maybe I'll get a sponsorship deal out of this.....
    After uphill there's downhill
  • So fast I actually travelled forward in time. I was born in 1928....