HA, ha, ha Chris Moyles

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited September 2010 in The bottom bracket
Web turns on ‘poor’ Moyles...

..."Get a job in hospital charity radio, you still won't be paid and everyone will still be sick listening to you," suggested another poster...
Made me larf, that did. :lol:
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• Todays Metro lines him up perfectly, scruffy pic of him in top right bleating about being disrespected while under him (but 90% of the front page) is;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11398999

Carry on, you effing useless mug.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    hopefully this will be the end of the irritating, arrogant, self-obsessed slob...contract or not....
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Was Chris Moyles not really smart though in that he is the creator of all of jingles played on the show....and earns a royalty every time one of them is played....and he is in control of when they are played.....and plays them 100 times a minute?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I really don't understand why a PUBLIC radio station pays a DJ that much. I could understand one of the private stations paying that much - as they rely on advertising revenue - but why the BBC?

I've found him entertaining to a point in the past, but not so much that I would change stations if he left.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,730
    Pokerface - just because you are used to public services being sh!t, doesn't mean they should be. To get good people you need to pay for it.

Now whether Moyles is good can be debated, but he does pull the listeners in. Just not listeners who post on bikeradar it would seem.
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831
    I like the Chris Moyles show as a whole.

Don't particularly love him or anything but the show is entertaining and I can't imagine who the BBC would replace him with on the Breakfast show. I'm not struck by any of the their other presenters really.

Also. If you was paid monthly, and your wages weren't paid in two months and you perceived that your employer didnt have enough respect for you to even try sorting the issue out (the amount you earn is irrelevant) I'm pretty sure you would be taking the opportunity to make your feelings known.

Personally, I find it staggering that an organisation like the BBC can't sort themselves out enough to pay one of their leading stars the money he is contracted to. Says more about the shambles they are than whether or not Chris Moyles is a fat gob sh ite...
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface - just because you are used to public services being sh!t, doesn't mean they should be. To get good people you need to pay for it.

Just seems odd to spend THAT much money for ONE DJ for ONE show (there are many, many others), when they don't make anything back from it.

Most people will agree that there are better or more entertaining DJs on the BBC that cost much less.

Would be a little like my local cycling club hiring Cancellara to come ride our Club 10's every week. 8)
  • BBC will not have paid his company, which will in turn pay his salary. I can't imagine they actually pay him on PAYE.

Also it's pretty unproffessional to air your workplace greivances in front of your customers.
  • he's a mere amatuer here is how to quit on air properly :-
    http://tinyurl.com/2vqrpa5
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Now whether Moyles is good can be debated, but he does pull the listeners in. Just not listeners who post on bikeradar it would seem.

How much do other radio stations pay their DJs? I'd be surprised if any other radio station could match the BBC.

And the reason that BR posters don't like Moyles is because we're the intellectual elite of this nation, don't you know?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chris Moyles is 5hit.

Nuff said really.
  • dmclite wrote:
    Chris Moyles is 5hit.

Nuff said really.

His listening figures would suggest otherwise.
  • Anonymous
    dmclite wrote:
    Chris Moyles is 5hit.

Nuff said really.

His listening figures would suggest otherwise.

The Sun and daily mail also sell a lot of papers. There is no accounting for taste within the tattooed smelly underclass who think Mr Moyles is mildly entertaining.

You can't educate pork, can you, eh ?
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Can't stand the idiot, ahhh rrrrr in fact I visualise my money on my licence buying his porky pies. And his team could they get any further up his ar**

I'll stop now if only he would
  • 'His listening figures would suggest otherwise.'

as above - his listening figures say nothing about HIS quality, they say more about his listeners. Christ, a lot of people like the f****ing 'X Factor' ffs. And many people seem to like Lance Armstrong.
    There's no accounting for taste.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Overpaid, overweight, talentless waste of space. Can't bare the man or his peers. While we're on the subject....how about Fearne Cotton? Another A- hole getting paid the princely sum of 200 k per year, while the country is on it's knees, these a-holes are getting paid ridiculous salaries for talking drivel. Not even entertaining drivel!! Moyles can go to......
  • Pokerface
    ^--- Now Fearne Cotton - there's someone with ZERO talent that really gets on my nerves.

I would rather have Moyles on all day than have to listen to her drone on.

Radio 1 listening figures are so high because they broadcast across the nation and pretty much everyone can pick up the station. Can't say the same for many other stations.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Hang on a minute - whatever you think about Chris Moyles wouldnt you be a tad pissed if your employer hadn't bothered to pay you for 2 months.

On top of that he has just split from his GF of 8 years so was feeling a tad delicate.

However I take all your points about Radio 1 DJ's - bunch of muppets. However you are all missing the worst of the bunch - Scott "f***wit" Mills who treats his listeners like 5 year olds. Whilst murdering the english language - please can any tell me what the hell OFF OF actually means, worst of it all it has now permeated the rest of the BBC, some TV announcer used it the other day. For example - Up next is Bradley Wiggins, off of Team Sky!!!!!!!!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    mr_poll wrote:
    Hang on a minute - whatever you think about Chris Moyles wouldnt you be a tad pissed if your employer hadn't bothered to pay you for 2 months.

Yes, you're right that he should be paid when his employer said they would pay him.

He's still the sort of person who wants to make me scoop my own brains out though.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Whatever has happened or hasn't happened; Chris Moyles is a fat, deep-fried cunt. Now can we concentrate on the Friday Tuuuuune thread, please?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    'His listening figures would suggest otherwise.'

as above - his listening figures say nothing about HIS quality, they say more about his listeners. Christ, a lot of people like the f****ing 'X Factor' ffs. And many people seem to like Lance Armstrong.
    Ahh that's class! Now I'm no LA fan but I love that he's been dragged into this.
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Whatever has happened or hasn't happened; Chris Moyles is a fat, deep-fried ****. Now can we concentrate on the Friday Tuuuuune thread, please?

yep, i agree. After careful perusal i must say....Manic street preachers' Motorcycle emptyness wins 8) Fuking musical genius
  • Anonymous
    morstar wrote:
    'His listening figures would suggest otherwise.'

Ahh that's class! Now I'm no LA fan but I love that he's been dragged into this.

Don't tell Bikingbernie, ffs.
  • mr_poll wrote:

On top of that he has just split from his GF of 8 years so was feeling a tad delicate.

However I take all your points about Radio 1 DJ's - bunch of muppets. However you are all missing the worst of the bunch - Scott "f***wit" Mills who treats his listeners like 5 year olds. Whilst murdering the english language - please can any tell me what the hell OFF OF actually means, worst of it all it has now permeated the rest of the BBC, some TV announcer used it the other day. For example - Up next is Bradley Wiggins, off of Team Sky!!!!!!!!

Well in all fairness I've met some of his listeners and 'fans' and being treated like 5 year olds is entirely suitable for them.

Not a fan of Moyles either talent wise but the point about his employer not paying him is a valid one. He should have dealt with it privately however, I've got friends out of work for over a year now who'd love to be in with a chance of being paid full stop and to air your grievances to the entire nation whilst you are living in a house in Camden worth £millions was a tad insensitive given his wages come from something that is a tax in all but name.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Fastlad wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Whatever has happened or hasn't happened; Chris Moyles is a fat, deep-fried ****. Now can we concentrate on the Friday Tuuuuune thread, please?

yep, i agree. After careful perusal i must say....Manic street preachers' Motorcycle emptyness wins 8) Fuking musical genius

By a mile. But I'm biased!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Fat Ba*sturd, Wa*nker, needs to ride a bike, loose weight, stop moaning and live on sod all like the rest of us, ha ha, LOL ...Oh, hang on, when he shuts his gob he might even play some music....
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    I have a feeling that Moyles' time is nearly up. He's had a good run & I can somehow forsee the beeb farming him off to a weekend slot. Radio 1 have these culls periodically. Wiley getting offed in favour of Cotton, Edith Bowman booted off afternoons etc. Reckon that next time the gaffers have a "switcheroo" he's gone.

They'll get some younger, fresher DJ to fill his trainers. Who will be most likely, sh1t also.
  • Anonymous
    reggie yates gets on my tits as well.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Fastlad wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

By a mile. But I'm biased!

yep - top tune