Jeans

2»

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Also try Mantaray @ Debenhams I like thier jean a lot.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Wranglers - been wearing them in the same size/cut since I was 16 (30 years :shock: )
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    NEXT do a really good range of styles/cuts, not expensive and loads of sizes, even for short arses like me or really tall people.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    lardboy wrote:
    Uniqlo. Their S003 "relaxed" cut is pretty good for cyclists, without being 80's style baggies. Cheap and good looking as well.

If you can get to the states, the Levis 559 and 569 styles are my favourites, but not available in europe.

80s style baggies? Since when were baggies in style in the 80s? I was pretty young at the time but my memory of the 80s is "spray on" lycra denim that you had to literally peel off your legs like a banana skin! I remember people joking that they had to lie down on the floor and wrench the jeans up over their asses.... In the late 80s it was Levi 501s which were hardly baggy. Baggies were very much a 90s phenomenon weren't they?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Alpkit Jenius jeans - designed for climbers but waterproof and stretchy
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Edwin. Not cheap, but great and have loads of different sizes/cuts.

There's a shop just opposite American Apparel on Endell Street that stocks 'em (along with a vast array of other makes). Well worth a visit.

What's this place on Endell Street called, folks?

It's called Interstate.
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    lardboy wrote:
    Uniqlo. Their S003 "relaxed" cut is pretty good for cyclists, without being 80's style baggies. Cheap and good looking as well.

If you can get to the states, the Levis 559 and 569 styles are my favourites, but not available in europe.

80s style baggies? Since when were baggies in style in the 80s? I was pretty young at the time but my memory of the 80s is "spray on" lycra denim that you had to literally peel off your legs like a banana skin! I remember people joking that they had to lie down on the floor and wrench the jeans up over their asses.... In the late 80s it was Levi 501s which were hardly baggy. Baggies were very much a 90s phenomenon weren't they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baggy "Late 80's - early 90's, according to t'internets.
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • Headhuunter
    lardboy wrote:
    lardboy wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baggy "Late 80's - early 90's, according to t'internets.

Ah OK, I always think of those bands and "Madchester" as more of an early 90s thing...
  • Next do some roomier pairs but have to admit that George at Asda also have some that fit and look just fine...

tesco value £4.
    last really well and look good too. just try em on in the shop as the labels occasionally are not quite right.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Stone Island jeans come as 34" leg standard and they do a 30" waist

http://www.eleven-shop.co.uk/collection ... -dark-wash
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Bought some Asda George Easy fit jeans 32x29 leg today £4. Can't do better than that IMHO 8). Lots of different sizes to suit any frame.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Anyone know where I can get 32" waist 34" (minimum) leg jeans?
    No? Didn't think so.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Christ you lot! Listen to yourselves! It sounds like a bloody coffee morning in here.

Man up, the lot of you. Time to start swapping tales of iron-on tattoos and diy amputations that kept you busy over the long bank holiday weekend.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I file my nails using an angle grinder.

Better?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I shave with a shard of broken glass. and no gel ;)

oh and i gargle with neat TCP
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Worth mentioning Son of a Stag on Dray Walk, just off brick lane. Medium sized shop with a zillion makes and styles - very much at the "quality" end of the denim range (prices probably £100 to £500) and not everyones cup of tea, but the staff will spend time and effort finding a pair that fit perfectly.

They've got denim sewing machine things there too if you want alterations.

jon

ketsbaia wrote:
    Edwin. Not cheap, but great and have loads of different sizes/cuts.

There's a shop just opposite American Apparel on Endell Street that stocks 'em (along with a vast array of other makes). Well worth a visit.
  • Headhuunter
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get 32" waist 34" (minimum) leg jeans?
    No? Didn't think so.

I've got a pair of Levi's which are 34" waist and 36" leg so 32 and 34 must exist...
  • the denim range (prices probably £100 to £500) and not everyones cup of tea

Crickey, if I had £100 - £500 burning a hole in my pocket I could buy another bike. Do you guys wearing expensive jeans also have expensive bikes or do you consciously prioritise?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Headhuunter,

speaking as someone who was in Manchester in 1989 and sported some ridiculously spacious denim I can confirm that Wiki is correct. Both the first Stone Roses and second (break through) Happy Mondays albums were released in 1989. To be honest the really baggy period was pretty short-lived 89-90. The Hacienda regulars had moved on to more conventional denim after that.

J