Chocolate and Gold 456 - (new pics on page 2)

2»

Comments

• kona_matt
    kona_matt Posts: 475
    mmmmmm, Ti, one day
    FCN 9 - 2008 Kona Cinder Cone
    FCN 9 - Custom Build On-One 456
    FCN 5 - 2010 Boardman Team Carbon
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    kona_matt wrote:
    Would have to spend more on a frame for that steel flex (I'm already thinking about a BFe :roll: )

I've got a BFe mate, and it doesn't flex that much to be honest! I'd say my old 456 had a bit more give to it.
  • kona_matt
    Tolk wrote:
    kona_matt wrote:
    Would have to spend more on a frame for that steel flex (I'm already thinking about a BFe :roll: )

I've got a BFe mate, and it doesn't flex that much to be honest! I'd say my old 456 had a bit more give to it.

Really? Interesting, not what i'd read. Anyway, next bike will probably be a full sus :wink:
  • kona_matt
    New pic after it's first ride at the weekend. Also just heard from superstar who say i might now have to wait until december for my rear wheel. Was supposed to be mid november :evil:

1275f77f.jpg
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    glad you removed those awful coloured crank skins, much nicer now. like the colour scheme. Im currently rocking a black and gold theme powered by a few superstar bits too :D
  • Lookin real good man! Shame about the rear wheel though, hopefully they will get it sorted soon enough though.
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Looks awesome, I'm a real fan of the colour scheme. Out of interest what sort of weight is it coming in at?
  • kona_matt
    Cferg wrote:
    Looks awesome, I'm a real fan of the colour scheme. Out of interest what sort of weight is it coming in at?

thanks very much

weight?! i think you're looking for the roadie section :wink: but seriously, I've no idea and to be honest i'm not really that bothered, wouldn't have thought it's particularly light but not a bloater either. if i remember i'll hang it from our luggage scales to get a rough idea.
  • Cferg
    kona_matt wrote:
    weight?! i think you're looking for the roadie section :wink:

Ohhh no! Haha, I'm thinking of buying a one-frame-do-it-all with maybe an XC race or two chucked into the bargain so was just curios to know. The carbon 456 in white would be ideal, but I dont think it's quite justifiable and don't want to splash out that kind of money on a frame at the moment - hence the standard 456 is very inviting, espcially seeing ones that look as nice as this! :wink:
  • kona_matt
    well the steel 456 certainly isn't light if you want to race it XC, more of hardtail DH bike if anything. if you wanted a steel, do it all, budget frame maybe the on-one inbred would be better?
  • Cferg
    That's what I'm thinking but it'd be used 75% of the time for 7 stanes where the steel 456 would be ideal. Was going to buy a few other frames instead (mmmbop and mongoose) but left both too late, this however looks ideal for a thrashing at the weekend at the 7 stanes and also round some local woods. Think I'd screw the XC race as I'd much rather have fun throwing one of those around than spending loads of money on losing weight on an XC machine that I've already practically got in my garage.

Cheers, you've nearly convinced me :lol:
  • kona_matt
    well for the price i don't think you can go wrong with the 456. Even though i hadn't ridden one before i bought this frame, i liked the geometry (slack) and thought that for the money it was worth the risk. I could probably get around half my money back by selling the frame if i didn't like it.

not an an issue though, i love it, although i do now have a bit of a hankering for a full sus :roll:

n = x + 1
  • 120210-1514.jpg

Now you just need one of these bad boys hanging off your wrist! It's known as the "rootbeer" rolex, as worn by Clint Eastwood in Firefox in 1982!
  • kona_matt
    Well i actually have this hanging off my wrist

ANBS.jpg
  • kona_matt
    Cferg wrote:

Using some fairly crude hanging scales meant for luggage, just over 30lbs. I'm happy with that. Proper rear wheel will probably add a bit.