Even more Lidl cycling gear

13»

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    The one near Surrey Quays might be worth a try. There was no repeat of the Aldi scrum when I was there yesterday.
  • ketsbaia wrote:
    ketsbaia wrote:
    Got the workstand, There is a bolt you can tighten to ensure that doesn't happen, so I duly tightened it, only for the bolt to shear right through the plastic.

If I manage to pick one of these up today, could I reinforced the plastic with a big wide washer, or is the bolt not long enough? Could I put in a longer bolt? If such a problem can be solved with 50p worth of B and Q hardware, I'll want to do that.

I don't think a washer would have helped, tbh.

It just needs something to stop the clamp slipping round the pole, so if the next one is the same, I'm drilling a hole right through and sticking a bolt in it. Not pretty, but it'll do the trick, I reckon.

I appreciate the heads-up. It means I can inspect and make any necessary modifications BEFORE I muller it with excessive force. Assuming there are any left, that is; my train gets in in 10 mins, and I have 2 branches I can visit......
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • No luck. First place I visited had nothing left but toolkits, small size gloves, and small size socks. Second was similarly out of panniers and stands, but had some socks in my size, and some of the wierd little footpumps, so I went with those.

The workstand would have been dead useful, and the panniers were to go on this:

P7050003.jpg

Which I'm doing up as a cargo bike. I intend next year to buy a longtail, probably a Yuba Mundo, but it would be handy to have something of a normal length which will still do some carrying, and this bike I could do quicker. It's got a rack now, and I think I'll rebuild the wheels with alloy rims, and find some dual pivot brakes to fit, plus put on some sort of porteur rack, perhaps the one below, which is cheapish at £80. The huge pannier set would have been perfect on the back, but no matter, I have a similar set from several years ago, except that the top part is not detachable, and is probably 1/2 to 1/3rd the depth. Would still hold two pizza boxes though!

4354-11837-main-imagegencab2hk7u-16.jpg

On the plus side, between those two items, that's £45 I didn't spend, and guess how muc this jersey is? *click*

20090107_brooklyn_ls.jpg