LIDL bike stuff now!

pugaltitude
pugaltitude Posts: 191
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Heard that LIDL are now having bike stuff in soon. Possible monday 27th.

Comments

• Not really now then.
  • It is the 27th yes, they have a rather tasty looking work stand for £30
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    Ooh nice !!! I bought some stuff from Aldi but wish I had bought more - this is my chance and luckily there is a Lidl near where i live. Thanks for the heads up!
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • dubcat
    dubcat Posts: 754
    Ahh i spoke to soon. There does not seem to be any clothing and what i really need is more riding jersey's... I'm starting to smell quite funky when I don't get time to wash my only top between rides lol.
    2010 Specialized Rockhopper
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Im not sure I'd trust that workstand it looks ridiculously flimsy.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    mmmm bike stand could be worth a look what does everyone think
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    dunno but i was caught off guard with a hire bike lent to me with no cycling gear and i was 350 miles from home on business, found a lidl, they only had Lycra tights, £7.99, fit was good, the padding was a little thin but for the price i cant recommend them enough. OK, i prefer shorts to full length, but, i got to ride my bike for £8 :D
  • camerauk wrote:
    mmmm bike stand could be worth a look what does everyone think

3 year warranty it has to be worth a try, I will be there first thing on the 27th for one anyway :D
  • camerauk
    Yeah think your right I will get down there on 27th best get there early as don't think they will have alot of em
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • F@RRR
    F@RRR Posts: 62
    Briggo wrote:
    Im not sure I'd trust that workstand it looks ridiculously flimsy.

am with you on that one but if your going to tighten up crank bolts or pedals etc that need a bit of oomph you could always drop the height so the wheels where on the ground. looks good for fettling gears etc
    blk-weight.png
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Their tube sealant is 30% more expensive than Decathalon.

That stand looks very flimsy compared to the Wiggle one. It might be ok for sub 8kg road bikes but don't put a 30lb+ DH bike on it. I'm glad I paid £56 for a decent one.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • If the stand breaks you take it back get your money back, your bike that is built to ride down mountains will fall 1 foot to the floor and be fine. There's very little gamble involved to those of us who a) don't have a work stand and b) will be using once in a while rather than every day to work on several bikes

The big problem for me is I also wanted the bike rack from Aldi to hold my sons bike up out of the way but can only afford one :(
  • Hi all
    They had these over here last month-I got one and have had three of my machines on it-for the money,its excellent.I thought it looked flimsy on the website too but in the flesh its much more substantial looking.Plastic bracket on tthe top of the post could be stronger,but im quite happy with it in general.
  • neddie
    neddie Posts: 101
    Sturdy, height-adjustable bicycle workstand for repairs
    Support jaws grip bicycle securely without damaging paint
    Easy to assemble and folds for space-saving storage
    Height-adjustable from approx. (cm): 105 - 190
    Includes:
    - Multi-functional tool tray with built-in magnetic compartment
    3 year manufacturer’s warranty
    Boardman Comp.

Norco Fluid
  • German site has more pics, seems they get it for euro25

see http://www.lidl-shop.de/de/Sport-und-Gesundheit/CRIVIT-SPORTS-Fahrrad-Montagestaender
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    It's a shame it has 4 feet in a way. Better than 2 front ones in a way as it wont tip backwards but means you can't put it close to a wall if you are pushed for space.
  • Dubcat wrote:
    Ahh i spoke to soon. There does not seem to be any clothing and what i really need is more riding jersey's... I'm starting to smell quite funky when I don't get time to wash my only top between rides lol.
    Still worth a look, sometimes they put out any of the bike stuff they've had left over from previous sales.
    underdog wrote:
    The big problem for me is I also wanted the bike rack from Aldi to hold my sons bike up out of the way but can only afford one :(
    I can really vouch for the racks from Aldi, I put one on the garage wall, using raw bolts not the supplied screws and plugs, and I store four bikes on it.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • They had a massive floor pump for £3 the other day. £3!!!! bargain central.
  • I can really vouch for the racks from Aldi, I put one on the garage wall, using raw bolts not the supplied screws and plugs, and I store four bikes on it.

Ok you know what I will buy both sod it, I bought nothing bike related last month and they still have plenty in my local Aldi today.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    Just picked up teh workstand today and 2 pairs of gloves.

The stand is very solid and well put together... and stable.

Only issue is that it takes a bit of effort to tighten up some of the fastenings.... but overall a bargain for #30
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • camerauk
    mac man wrote:
    Just picked up teh workstand today and 2 pairs of gloves.

The stand is very solid and well put together... and stable.

Only issue is that it takes a bit of effort to tighten up some of the fastenings.... but overall a bargain for #30
    Thought they were not on sale until tomorrow!!!
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • cheaky bugger!!! - I hope theres some left when I go :(
  • camerauk
    Just been out and got mine first impressions are it is very sturdy, build quality is not that high but it will do the job fine bike is well supported on the stand and gets held solidly perfect for my needs and for under £30 :lol:
    was only 4 in my local shop and I got there at opening time this morning
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • pick up a copy of the daily star this week for 10p and you get a voucher for £5 off if you £30 spend at lidl.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    cheaky bugger!!! - I hope theres some left when I go :(

LOL... I went in for some other stuff and saw all the bike stuff laid out on-sale. Fair surprised as the bike stuff wasn't supposed to be on-sale till Monday morning. Guess I struck lucky.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • Prob
    Prob Posts: 1
    I got one of the bike stands from Lidl this morning easy to put together and folds away great to store put my Trek mountain bike up on it felt quite sound and stable for £30 you cant go wrong
  • I went out at 10am. The first two stores I went to had aleady sold out of the workstand. Luckily the 3rd store still had 7 or 8 in stock. It probably cost me as much in petrol as the workstand cost!
  • Next Monday (4th October) they are going to sell windproof and waterproof soft shell jackets for £12.99

If you need a cheap soft shell jacket this could be a bargain.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl ... _14390.htm
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Maaaan, I hope the store near(ish) work still has workstands left tonight. Can't get there until I finish work :(
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."