Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    What was that last podium for Nibs?!

Combined jersey
  • Pokerface wrote:
    What was that last podium for Nibs?!

Combined jersey

Eurosport cut out before the team classification presentation....................oh wait. 8)
    Could be some very nice podium pictures, I think. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Enjoyed this year's Vuelta. Yesterday's stage was epic and delighted to see Cav win the points jersey although it seemed a bit of an anti climax with him not winning today even though he was maybe hoping for Goss to take it.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    Wonders will never cease... Eurosport actually sticking around for the podiums :shock:

JC has obviously taken note.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Pokerface
    i just read that too but don't believe it. Doesn't look like that was the case from the replay. Still looks like he tried to gift the stage.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    I'm not so sure that he didn't have a mechanical, he didn't seem to have his usual surge of power!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Gawd, there always has to be something. doesn't there?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Bike racing wouldn't be the same without the excuses.
    If the plan was for a win for Goss it would have been interesting to see Cav do the leadout.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Thanks for all your hard work afx - much appreciated.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Bike racing wouldn't be the same without the excuses.
    If the plan was for a win for Goss it would have been interesting to see Cav do the leadout.
    But Chav always has to blame someone else:"Farrar should have noticed". What the heck does that mean? So he notices? Does he look over and say "hey Chav let's divert to the local Evans so you can book your bike in and meanwhile we'll put the sprint on ice till next Tuesday when it's done?"
    If he showed the wheel to journalists which is what CW claims, I couldn't see any pictures. (Really just want to check whether it's a Hed or a Zipp).
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Pokerface
    It's a Zipp.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Pokerface wrote:
    It's a Zipp.

Given Cavs rather unhappy relationship with wheels this year, perhaps a change would be in order?

Stalingrad_600.jpg

Cavs magnanimity in victory during the Vuelta was obvious. His grace in defeat still needs a little work.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'