WMB Awards Special anyone else disagree - Supersonic?

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    they should do an article about me
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    they should do an article about me

and your mum too :wink:
  • Anonymous
    His mum's in reader's Wives.
  • Anonymous
    shes a legend too, just like me.
  • Oh yeah! MBUK has been such a staple part of my reading, on and off, for so long it never crossed my mind you might not have it :lol:

It was running until fairly recently I think, where they had rides around where people lived. It started off with a loop that Martyn Ashton does, but I think it later developed into a reader's trails kind of thing.

I used to buy it more often than not, but I was buying too many mags, so tried to cut down! I did see that, wasn't sure if it was the same thing you were talking about. Didn't know it had carried on all that long though! I liked the Bournemouth one, I think it was the second one they did, with the muc off guy. Get down that way once or twice a year, took the bike to go and have a ride of it, ended up killing the bottom bracket halfway down the road. Maybe next time....
    Anyway, something of that sort would be good, maybe just a page/half page of description, photo or two and a map. I'm just pretty sure I'm on at least my second pass through the WMB guide locations.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Anonymous
    Trouble is with reader's routes though, that if they're being published, somebody has to check the legality of the routes.
    Several of the places I ride are technically a no-no. But, as long as it's just me, and a handful of other riders, then no harm done, and everybody minds their own business.
    But if a national magazine was to publish the routes, it becomes a bigger problem.
  • Yeah, there's always a few of those around, but those are best left to be discovered by someone you know in the area in my book. Keeps them special. I'm thinking more along the lines of things that aren't perhaps the best in the area, but still give a nice ride- for example, North Downs guides usually concentrate on the Leith Hill/ Peaslake area, which is fair enough, it is the main draw, but it'd be nice if there was one so if you'd come down for the weekend you could have a day exploring off the beaten track a bit. I had a few downloaded off singletrack world, I think, that were pretty interesting and put me onto some new routes in the midlands.

Oh, and on something vaguely approaching the original topic, that 'best of' basically reads like a wishlist of things I've been trying to work out how I can afford in the next 6 months or so.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • unlike this

I sat down at my PC this morning and found that somebody had set this to be my new homepage. -_-
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    8)

They're my friends.
  • Anonymous
    An article about sheeps actually would be kinda interesting, since he only started riding a bike about a week ago or something.