Is Nibali the main danger for Contador in the future?

2»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • spezial
    spezial Posts: 142
    A bit of early needle (no pun intended )between them then, nice!

I suppose they could co-exist in the same GT, it's not as if one of them will jump off the front on a climb.
    "what's it pertaining?"
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:

And they say bromance is dead.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • No
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Spezial wrote:
    A bit of early needle (no pun intended )between them then, nice!

I suppose they could co-exist in the same GT, it's not as if one of them will jump off the front on a climb.

It's far more down to whether Nibs waits for Ivan on the other side...

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    calvjones wrote:

On form, 9/10 times Basso will get to the top of the mountain first.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Nibs is solid and solid can win the Vuelta. The Giro is probably too hard/mountainous and the competition is too strong at the Tour. For me, he's still some way off Contador and doesn't climb/TT well enough to overhaul the likes Shleck, Basso, Menchov, Evans, Sanchez etc
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    We'll see. It's one thing to overhaul Mosquera, Velits and Roche, it's another to take on Contador, Andy Schleck and an in form Menchov. Nibali has been strong in the Tour in 2009 and he's young, only 25 but a Grand Tour in his pocket, which is one more than Andy Schleck. As for Basso, he's not getting any younger and if he rode a solid Giro, he benefitted from Evans being ill and few other GC contenders, for example Arroyo, Vino and Porte were the names to beat.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    FJS wrote:
    It looks like Nibali and Gesink are making more progress than, say, Kreuziger, but whether they'll be able to challenge Contador... time will tell

Kreuziger=Klodi 2.0 but with less visits to the clinic
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Personally, I can't look much beyond Bertie at the moment. Of the crop of youngster coming through, there's no-one who has the ability to climb and TT well enought to gain time on him over a GT. I would include Schleck in that assessment too.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

On form, 9/10 times Basso will get to the top of the mountain first.

Ah but for how long?
  • How long did Gibbo go on for - he was still there this year wasn't he?!
    In GT terms, I think Basso has a good couple of years left. Liquigas have a habit of uncovering/snaffling very talented young riders, such as Szmyd, Sagan etc. Pretty difficult job being DS of Liquigas at the moment!